Thread: Smoothie

Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Smoothie

I've decided to incorporate some veggies & fruits into my diet. The problem is I hate eating veggie/ fruits so I am going to blend it all and create a smooth to hit all micro nutritions. I have never tried this so I kinda created a recipe using some foods I always have in my house.

- 25g Chocolate Protein Shake
    - 1 Banana
    - 1 Apple
    - 4 Strawberries
    - 200g spinach
    - 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk

Has anyone created a similar smoothie and does it taste nice?

Also I had a look at psyllium husk, are they worth getting? I'll only be hitting around 20g Fibre. If so, whats the diff between the psyllium capsule & powder?

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Have you really tried all variations of fruit and veg?

Stewing veg is lovely, soups, seasoned veg etc

Fruit well I think there must be a fruit in the world for every individual where they just can't stop eating. Its mother natures candy!

I personally cant stop myself when I get fruit especially pineapple, melon and grapes they are my favourite but nearly every fruit is damn god. I would recommend trying other fruits berries especially for fibre.

Smoothies are fine no criticism except the spinach part I don't like mixing fruit and veg in a drink. Just feel you are limiting yourself based on the fact you haven't tried a lot of variations, god mangoes are like pure sugar and pleasure what isn't to like.

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ what hardyboysare said....whole fruit is supposed to be enjoyable.

Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    - 25g Chocolate Protein Shake
    - 1 Banana
    - 1 Apple
    - 4 Strawberries
    - 200g spinach
    - 100ml Semi Skimmed Milk
    I personally find the variety of 3 sweet fruit flavors + chocolate to be a bit overwhelming. I'd rather just use more of one fruit, but choose different fruits on different days.

Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Cautious1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    Have you really tried all variations of fruit and veg?

Stewing veg is lovely, soups, seasoned veg etc

Fruit well I think there must be a fruit in the world for every individual where they just can't stop eating. Its mother natures candy!

I personally cant stop myself when I get fruit especially pineapple, melon and grapes they are my favourite but nearly every fruit is damn god. I would recommend trying other fruits berries especially for fibre.

Smoothies are fine no criticism except the spinach part I don't like mixing fruit and veg in a drink. Just feel you are limiting yourself based on the fact you haven't tried a lot of variations, god mangoes are like pure sugar and pleasure what isn't to like.
    I've tried most fruit and veg.

I have only mostly eaten boiled broccoli & Spinach. My mum also cooks vegetable currys which are alot more nice however, I dont know how many calories and the nutrition so I dont eat it.

Maybe I'll start cooking the veg currys with all the calories/ nutrition and have smoothies on the weekends.

Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    ^^^ what hardyboysare said....whole fruit is supposed to be enjoyable.

I personally find the variety of 3 sweet fruit flavors + chocolate to be a bit overwhelming. I'd rather just use more of one fruit, but choose different fruits on different days.
    I'll start having whole fruit then. And smoothies when Im in a rush or something. Thanks

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cautious1 View Post
    The problem is I hate eating veggie/ fruits so I am going to blend it all and create a smooth to hit all micro nutritions. ...

Has anyone created a similar smoothie and does it taste nice?
    If you put spinach into it, you'll hate your smoothie too. Otherwise it'll taste good.

If by "chocolate protein shake" you mean a bottled liquid shake, use powder. It's cheaper and the fruit will make it thick enough where you can even use water instead of milk. And once you finish one tub of powder, do vanilla next, then back to choco... otherwise you get sick of the chocolate.

And like others have said, eat whole fruits and veggies too. I use smoothies to get extra protein and throw in the fruit so it tastes good.

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    !

I personally cant stop myself when I get fruit especially pineapple, melon and grapes they are my favourite but nearly every fruit is damn good.
    I agree, with one exception. Avocado

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    I agree, with one exception. Avocado
    Yeah I have to agree this is me with avocado.