Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Assault airbike console on vintage Airdyne

Does anyone here know if the Assault Airbike Elite console can be retrofit to the Assault Airbike Classic, or if it uses a different cable/pickup arrangement?

I currently have a pair of Airdynes in my possession. One is a a really clean older copper unit with a fully functional mechanical speedo and digital timer. The other is a slightly newer, low-mileage greyish unit with the electronic console and magnetic pickup, but it's missing the battery cover/holder...which is no longer available.

I've seen some of these newer Airdyne units upgraded with Assault Airbike consoles, and am considering doing the upgrade myself. If I can upgrade to the Elite console, I'd rather do that. If not, I'll just stick with the Classic console.
    Last edited by Stasher1; 02-17-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting. Not a single response.

I'm just going to assume that nobody here has tried to upgrade the console on their Assault bike.

I have addressed the missing battery cover/holder on the grayish Airdyne and verified that the console does, in fact, work properly. Slapped some new grips on it along with a new seat, and it will replace the older copper-colored Airdyne in my home gym.

Once the copper one is sold, I'll reevaluate and decide whether or not to do the Assault Airbike console swap. Really wish I had found the grayish one first, as it cost me about $100 to make the timer and speedo work properly. That would've nearly paid for an Assault Airbike console.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) ripper238 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There are so many of these "Assault bikes" now i cant even begin to provide a guess. Most seem to still use the read switch and magnet for the data like the old Airdynes so i would think so, but they may mount completely differently.

Originally Posted by ripper238 View Post
    There are so many of these "Assault bikes" now i cant even begin to provide a guess. Most seem to still use the read switch and magnet for the data like the old Airdynes so i would think so, but they may mount completely differently.
    That's what I was thinking, so I went ahead and ordered a new console.

I went with the Xebex Air Bike console instead of the Assault Airbike version. They're essentially the same thing, but I think the asymmetry of the Assault version would bother me over time.

The Xebex was also about $50 cheaper, but GetRXd has crazy-high shipping rates. The console, cable, and mounting bracket were only ~$70 or so, but they charged about 50% more for shipping.

Still wound up being slightly cheaper than the Assault console, cable, and whatever custom mount I'd have to fabricate.