hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) hcuraB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Lean bulking...do I need ab exercises?

I skipped my ab exercise because I got so bored. I don’t feel anything unless I go for 15-20 reps. And I get bored by the time I reach that number.

I do sit-ups while holding a 6lbs bag.

I want to know if I can just stop doing abs. I do:
    squats: 245lbs 3 x 5
    Front squats: 195 3 x 8
    Romanian deadlift: 175 3 x 8

I weigh 145. I don’t feel my abs while doing these compound lifts either. I mainly feel it in my glutes, quads/hamstrings. Never abs.

What do you recommend me do?

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by hcuraB View Post
    I skipped my ab exercise because I got so bored. I don’t feel anything unless I go for 15-20 reps. And I get bored by the time I reach that number.

I do sit-ups while holding a 6lbs bag.

... I don’t feel my abs while doing these compound lifts either. I mainly feel it in my glutes, quads/hamstrings. Never abs.

What do you recommend me do?
    If you don't feel you get a core workout at all from your regular workout, you should prob do at least one ab exercise.

Maybe try a more challenging exercise, like weighted hanging leg raises or cable crunches.

Or get a bag that weighs more than 6 lbs.

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Grab a 20lb plate.