schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) schoolstrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Substitute for Weighted Back Extensions?

My gym's machine for this broke. What can I do instead? (I am doing F5 Intermediate).
    balls

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by schoolstrength View Post
    My gym's machine for this broke. What can I do instead? (I am doing F5 Intermediate).
    Good Mornings are a viable, actually better alternative.

Also, how did they manage to break a back extension?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you mean this?

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by schoolstrength View Post
    For many years, I just hooked my feet under a bench level bar attached to a weight stack and did back extensions lying on the bench turned sideways to the weight stack.

This is what I used:

Get the picture?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    GM is meant to be a hip hinge - i.e. you keep your spine rigid and the spinal erectors are only used isometricly.

You can modify it to flex your spine but you have to be careful to use a much lower weight and don't let your glutes and hams take over from your lower back.

Cable pull through is another possibility.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You could try seated good mornings which would hit the lumbars more.
    You'll need a power rack a bar and a bench.
    Go with just a bar first.
    They won't be exactly like the machine but similar.
    As mentioned above you could do "round back good mornings" which require you to round the lumbars instead of hinge when you bend over.These should be done with fairly light weight and extreme focus.
    These are a higher risk movement so be careful.
    If your gym has a regular back raise bench(some call it a hyper extension bench)you can grab a weight plate or dumbbell and back raises.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Wait... why don’t you just use the hyperextension apparatus?