Thread: lat exercises?

recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50) recorb will become famous soon enough. (+50)

lat exercises?

so my lats are pretty good up top but i have pretty wide hips, what are some exercises that will grow my lats to make me wider up top and extend my lats all the way down to my hips for a V shape and kind of hide my wide hips

BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000) BeginnerGainz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by recorb View Post
    so my lats are pretty good up top but i have pretty wide hips, what are some exercises that will grow my lats to make me wider up top and extend my lats all the way down to my hips for a V shape and kind of hide my wide hips
    Where your lats insert on your body makes more of a difference than any exercises, so in that way we are limited by genetics. Generally speaking, using a close reverse grip or a V grip for pulldowns and chin ups will hit your lats more than a standard grip because of the range of motion is much greater.

Also, don’t for get to row for the upper back as well. Dumbbell, barbell, cable, doesn’t matter just take a medium to wide grip if using a barbell or cable machine and “pull your elbows back”. You should feel your shoulder blades come together. This is to hit your lats with more weight while also hitting the trapezius in its entirety, rhomboids, rear delts (somewhat), biceps, Teres major/minor and serratus anterior (partially)

You will hear how vertical AND horizontal pulling is best for back growth. That is a true statement. If you feel like it, throw some shrugs in there as well, but you probably won’t want to if you are hitting rows and pull-ups, pull downs hard. Then finish it all with some bent over lateral raises 2-3 sets of 15 with light weight.

air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000) air2fakie is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you have legit wide hips and not love handles that you can lose with fat loss, in addition to the V, work on your shoulders - all 3 heads but esp the side delts.

If you're walking around with boulder shoulders, you'll look wider up top by default and ppl will generally notice that before your hips.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good answers above^^^.
    Right genetic will dictate your structure for sure.
    Training shoulders especially lots of side type lateral raises will help widen them for that shoulder to waist taper.
    For lat width i like to super set a pullover or cable pull in movement with a wide grip pull down.
    On the pullovers get a stretch and think lats/upper arm when pulling over.
    With the pull downs i like wider than should width grip and let the arms shoulders retract at the top for a full stretch each rep.
    Then when pulling down think of those same muscles starting the pull down and continue as far as you can.
    You should feel the upper outer back area really well.
    For the lower lats you need to pull where you keep the arms close to the sides and think downward or rows more to the waist.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As far as width goes, I always found wide upright rows, wide pull ups, and wide bent rows to have good effects. If more is needed, standing lat raises is good too.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000) BenMcLeodNZ is a name known to all. (+5000)
    T-Bar Rows definitely widened my lats. After over a decade of training I started doing them (so I was pretty conditioned already), and noticed they got wider, that wasn't even a goal.

Also Garage Rat mentioned an awesome superset and I think I know the man who may have taught him that (Mr. Mentzer).