JasonBenedict is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool Advice needed: Rogue SML-2 for home use any good?

I am setting up my home gym and have been looking at options for a rack/stand to enable me to perform squats, bench press etc., Being indoors space is certainly limited which pushed me towards a squat stand rather than full power racks due to the compact footprint. Although it stands a little bit taller than I would like, I was leaning towards the SML2.

The main thing I've heard a few people say is that the SML2 wobbles a lot when in use. Is that the case? That could be a potential deal breaker especially if I am doing pull ups or racking the barbell. It needs to be safe and I would of course need spotter arms which is an 'extra' that bumps up the price.

Can anyone give me any good reasons not to buy this squat rack?

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    My brother has the sml-1 stands and bought the spotter arms. He's squatting about 450 now and the stands don't really wobble too much unless he throws the barbell onto the jcups. Controlled pull-ups are also good on it but if you swing yourself up, expect movement.

Personally... I'd go for the Titan x-3 hr.

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/powe...ck/400406.html

On sale for 450usd with free shipping. But 8 weight horns and spotter arms and youll be looking at 640. Shipped free. Having your plates on the back will make it feel way more sturdy and HR add-on will prevent back and forth racking.

Rogue will cost about 605usd + shipping without the HR extension.

Some of the forum members will say avoid titan on anything that you rely to keep you from dieing but others swear by them. Just food for thought

JasonBenedict is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dagdafitness View Post
    My brother has the sml-1 stands and bought the spotter arms. He's squatting about 450 now and the stands don't really wobble too much unless he throws the barbell onto the jcups. Controlled pull-ups are also good on it but if you swing yourself up, expect movement.
    Thanks for the info. I actually originally was going to go with the SML-1 but I was put off as it doesn't come with any crossbar and when I asked ROgue they told me that a crossbar is not advisable due to the shortness of the stand. Are you saying that your brother has attached a crossbar to the SML-1 and can successfully complete pull ups on it?

dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dagdafitness has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by JasonBenedict View Post
    Thanks for the info. I actually originally was going to go with the SML-1 but I was put off as it doesn't come with any crossbar and when I asked ROgue they told me that a crossbar is not advisable due to the shortness of the stand. Are you saying that your brother has attached a crossbar to the SML-1 and can successfully complete pull ups on it?
    He bought a 2" fat bar for pull-ups. He is 5'8? So a few inches shorter than me but he says he does them comfortably with knees bent. Anyone taller then him would likely touch their knees on the ground at full extension. I would go for the 2 which is 20" taller for that reason. He has really low ceiling and had no other option than the 1

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dagdafitness View Post
    Some of the forum members will say avoid titan on anything that you rely to keep you from dieing but others swear by them. Just food for thought
    Worth emphasizing. I've never been comfortable saving a couple hundred bucks and risking my safety. I'd go Rogue or another company, but some do indeed swear by Titan.