ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle D Fitness equipment

Hello fellows, I'm looking at buying a piece of equipment and I have narrowed it down to the Muscle D Fitness multi functional trainer, MDM-MFT. I have searched for reviews of Muscle D using search engines and I can't find any info, positive or negative. Has anyone used any Muscle D equipment? Anything from them.

bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ILikeGals View Post
    Hello fellows, I'm looking at buying a piece of equipment and I have narrowed it down to the Muscle D Fitness multi functional trainer, MDM-MFT. I have searched for reviews of Muscle D using search engines and I can't find any info, positive or negative. Has anyone used any Muscle D equipment? Anything from them.
    MDM-MFT looks like a Chinese import?

Strencor "Dual Cable Cross" branded version is cheaper
    or Fitness1st has a 30% off coupon, no idea if legit

strencor.com/strencor-adjustable-dual-cable-cross

fitness1st.com/products/strength/equipment/free-motion-machines.html

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Their stuff was well built back when it was Maxicam and made in the USA. Now it's all made in China though and the little I have read about it has all been negative. However, I have not personally used a single piece of their equipment under the Muscle D brand.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bennder View Post
    MDM-MFT looks like a Chinese import?

Strencor "Dual Cable Cross" branded version is cheaper
    or Fitness1st has a 30% off coupon, no idea if legit

strencor.com/strencor-adjustable-dual-cable-cross

fitness1st.com/products/strength/equipment/free-motion-machines.html
    Good spot, I thought it looked like a generic unit, it comes with a commercial warranty,
    11 gauge frame, so should be reasonably well built.

I've owned a few generic commercial Chinese built machines, to be fair in most cases they have worked well, but how functional/smooth this particular piece is?.

ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10) ILikeGals is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks so much for the replies. Richard had informed me it was an import, but I didn't know there were other identical units. With several brands of the same unit, you would think there would be some reviews.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks so much for the replies. Richard had informed me it was an import, but I didn't know there were other identical units. With several brands of the same unit, you would think there would be some reviews.
    I suspect this unit is primarily being targeted toward the commercial sector, as far as I can ascertain it's also relatively new to the market, so it's likely not yet reached into the home gym sector.

If none of the online equipment reviewers or a home gym owner posts a review, it's unlikely to receive a review from the likes of a commercial gym, fitness centre or hotel,.

I forgot to mention earlier. The frame is 11 gauge, but there is 7 gauge construction as well. This was the description I was given from Muscle D. I assume the same applies for the Strencor and the Fitness1st.

I did notice the dimensions of the Fitness1st are different.

bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10) bennder is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Here is a demo video from an Australia retailer

youtube.com/watch?v=XKuB2QS_lBo

Do you guys happen to know anything about this one?

Spirit Fitness ST800FT

It was highly recommended over the Muscle D by a retailer. This retailer sells both the Muscle D and the Spirit Fitness and had the below to say.

"I highly recommend the Spirit Fitness ST800FT Functional Trainer as it is a direct competitor to the Cybex Bravo Functional Trainer. The Spirit Fitness ST800FT is made at the Dyaco Taiwanese Factory as opposed to the Chinese Factory for Muscle D. Taiwanese manufactures are know for producing higher quality components and materials."

Checking in to see if anyone ever used or heard anything else about the Muscle D multi functional trainer. I really like the features of this unit.

I have considered the Free Motion EXT Dual Cable Cross, but I fear the 75 pounds of total resistance per stack won't do me very long.

I gotta buy something soon. I'm really considering the Rep Fitness FT-5000 too. They can't keep it in stock.
    Last edited by ILikeGals; 07-16-2020 at 01:30 PM.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Check out the Prime Fitness FT, 265 lb stacks with a 2:1 ratio should be plenty of weight for you. I wouldn't consider the Rep FT, it is cheap but the pulleys seem to hang down too low and that limits its functionality.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Checking in to see if anyone ever used or heard anything else about the Muscle D multi functional trainer. I really like the features of this unit.

I have considered the Free Motion EXT Dual Cable Cross, but I fear the 75 pounds of total resistance per stack won't do me very long.

I gotta buy something soon. I'm really considering the Rep Fitness FT-5000 too. They can't keep it in stock.
    I haven't heard anything about or personally used the Muscle D. I am, generally, not a fan of their equipment though - or at least not since Maxicam went kaput and they resurfaced as Muscle D.

I have heard good things about the Spirit FT you referenced in a previous post, but have not personally used it.

Rep's stuff is ok, but there are better options in the home market. If I was buying new I would likely get a Life Fitness G7 or an Inspire FT1. The Inspire isn't quite as robust as I'd like (but I am comparing it to my Life Fitness CMDAP, which is full commercial and beastly), but it's very smooth, available with 205 lb stack to boot and is a good value for the money.

First I have ever heard of the Prime FT. Do you have any more info about it? It sounds like all I would ever need.

First I have ever heard of the Prime FT. Do you have any more info about it? It sounds like all I would ever need.
    https://primefitnessusa.com/functional-trainer/

Click the photo in the bottom left and the info pane will pop up on the right.

Alright guys, I think I have decided on the Prime Fitness FT. Any thoughts before I buy it?