mendoe420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Weird forearm spasms

Sup bruhs,

So I just started lifting heavy ever since the new year and recently I’ve been getting these forearm contractions that last a few seconds anytime I out pressure on my right arm/elbow for too long like sitting on a chair or bed leaning to the right.

No pain just the right forearm just contracts and sometimes it extends to my fingers but not always. I’ve rested for 2 days now and it’s still there every 20-30 minutes since I work at a desk.

Anyone else experience this? I don’t ever stretch prior to lifting lol and I’ve been going kinda hard on the deadlifts too.

TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000) TryingBB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mendoe420 View Post
    Sup bruhs,

So I just started lifting heavy ever since the new year and recently I’ve been getting these forearm contractions that last a few seconds anytime I out pressure on my right arm/elbow for too long like sitting on a chair or bed leaning to the right.

No pain just the right forearm just contracts and sometimes it extends to my fingers but not always. I’ve rested for 2 days now and it’s still there every 20-30 minutes since I work at a desk.

Anyone else experience this? I don’t ever stretch prior to lifting lol and I’ve been going kinda hard on the deadlifts too.
    Sounds like nerve? Fingers move using muscles in your forearm - hopefully this is not news to you. Don’t rest your elbow on chit if that’s what you think is causing it. Cmon lol

Stop if it hurts.

I pushed too hard on my bench last workout and my shoulder impingement is back (mildly).

Felt it on the third rep and I should’ve racked but I got two more. Did not reduce the weight the 2nd set.

Third set I reduced 5lbs and was better but I should’ve racked at that first rep I felt it and reduced weight by 10% not just 5lbs.

Fuk it - that was 2 days ago
    **^^ Work hard AND more importantly, work smart ^^**

mendoe420 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TryingBB View Post
    Sounds like nerve? Fingers move using muscles in your forearm - hopefully this is not news to you. Don’t rest your elbow on chit if that’s what you think is causing it. Cmon lol

Stop if it hurts.

I pushed too hard on my bench last workout and my shoulder impingement is back (mildly).

Felt it on the third rep and I should’ve racked but I got two more. Did not reduce the weight the 2nd set.

Third set I reduced 5lbs and was better but I should’ve racked at that first rep I felt it and reduced weight by 10% not just 5lbs.

Fuk it - that was 2 days ago
    Thanks bro. I was starting to think it was ALS or something. Rep added

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    do some stretching after you work out and myofascial release. Forearms, wrists, and hands can get sore and stiff lifting heavy and you need to actively work them out to keep them flexible.