Thread: Two-Day Split

FoolsFire is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Two-Day Split

Hi guys. New to the forum but not to lifting.

I'm a BJJ purple belt grappling about three times per week right now.

My job is pretty physical and I work about seven days per week.

I usually lift three times per week but need to switch to twice per week for a while until my life gets settled, and have about an hour per lift to get everything in.

Right now, I've set up a two-day split based on research that looks roughly like this:

A Day
    Deadlift
    Pullups
    Power Clean
    Bent Dumbbell Row
    Barbell Curl

B Day
    Squat
    Shoulder Press
    Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
    Decline Bench Barbell Press
    Close Grip Dumbbell Press

I have all lifts on a two-minute cycle, so roughly 90 seconds of rest between sets, with an additional two-minutes between exercises to give myself time to switch up the weights on the barbell, etc. without having to rush.

Because time is a factor, I'm not aiming to unload/reload the barbell within an exercise between sets. Instead, I'd just set my rep goals for the first set and use the same weight for subsequent sets. I've read this is effective but I've never lifted that way before.

Most exercises are for five sets, with a 5-rep goal on deadlift and power clean, 15 for squats, AMRAP for pullups, and about 10 for everything else.

I'd be curious about your thoughts on this approach and any tweaks/recommendations you might have.

Thanks in advance!

Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Oldfart64 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FoolsFire View Post
    Hi guys. New to the forum but not to lifting.

I'm a BJJ purple belt grappling about three times per week right now.

My job is pretty physical and I work about seven days per week.

I usually lift three times per week but need to switch to twice per week for a while until my life gets settled, and have about an hour per lift to get everything in.

Right now, I've set up a two-day split based on research that looks roughly like this:

A Day
    Deadlift
    Pullups
    Power Clean
    Bent Dumbbell Row
    Barbell Curl

B Day
    Squat
    Shoulder Press
    Flat Bench Dumbbell Press
    Decline Bench Barbell Press
    Close Grip Dumbbell Press

I have all lifts on a two-minute cycle, so roughly 90 seconds of rest between sets, with an additional two-minutes between exercises to give myself time to switch up the weights on the barbell, etc. without having to rush.

Because time is a factor, I'm not aiming to unload/reload the barbell within an exercise between sets. Instead, I'd just set my rep goals for the first set and use the same weight for subsequent sets. I've read this is effective but I've never lifted that way before.

Most exercises are for five sets, with a 5-rep goal on deadlift and power clean, 15 for squats, AMRAP for pullups, and about 10 for everything else.

I'd be curious about your thoughts on this approach and any tweaks/recommendations you might have.

Thanks in advance!
    Looks similar to what I was doing in the past when MA was my primary training. As long as it's meeting the goals you have for it that's what's important.