Charlieburg21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

rope hammer curls

hey bros. if done effectively/properly, do rope hammer curls hit the upper portion of the forearms too?? or do they strictly isolate the biceps? I always feel it in my outer/lower bicep and upper portion of the forearm when I do these

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Charlieburg21 View Post
    hey bros. if done effectively/properly, do rope hammer curls hit the upper portion of the forearms too?? or do they strictly isolate the biceps? I always feel it in my outer/lower bicep and upper portion of the forearm when I do these
    That is where you are supposed to feel them

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'll feel both.
    How you position your upper arms and elbow will dictate where you will feel more stress.
    Example if you keep the elbows more to the sides while you curl your upper forearm will feel it more,if you have your elbows and upper arms out away from the body and curl in an arc fashion the outer bicep(brachialus)gets a good hit.
    But no they don't strictly isolate one area.
    Other areas will always be involved to some degree or another as we cannot totally isolate an area.

Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    You'll feel both.
    How you position your upper arms and elbow will dictate where you will feel more stress.
    Example if you keep the elbows more to the sides while you curl your upper forearm will feel it more,if you have your elbows and upper arms out away from the body and curl in an arc fashion the outer bicep(brachialus)gets a good hit.
    But no they don't strictly isolate one area.
    Other areas will always be involved to some degree or another as we cannot totally isolate an area.
    thanks man. my forearms are definitely weaker than my bi's, so I think I'm gonna keep em in there. I usually perform them with my elbows back and pinned to my sides, and I feel both my forearm and bicep that way. as long as its typical to feel both

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice thing about using cables is you can maintain a constant tension on an area because it's always pulling against it, vs having a "resting spot" with a free weight during certain exercises. The rope shouldn't change much about a hammer curl from a dumbbell beyond that, same muscles and motion.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000) davidnc67 is just really nice. (+1000)

Wrist Roller

If you want to work your forearms, nothing beats an old fashioned, wrist roller.

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    Nice thing about using cables is you can maintain a constant tension on an area because it's always pulling against it, vs having a "resting spot" with a free weight during certain exercises. The rope shouldn't change much about a hammer curl from a dumbbell beyond that, same muscles and motion.
    my forearms always seem to fatigue first or I feel them more than my biceps, it isn't a form issue. I think they just might be weaker than my bi's? because post workout my biceps and forearms are super sore so I know I'm hitting the biceps well