LadyBelle85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Top weight gainer for medically food restricted person

Id love some help for my brother. After a string of life-saving medical and surgical interventions, hes lost a good portion of his intestines and stomach. To make things worse, the meds he's on wipe away his appetite. He's 21, 6'1 and 130lbs, down from 190-210lbs before he got sick. He eats kid sized meals every hour, but his muscles are evaporating and he's lost a ton of hair, has gray dull skin, and has insanely low energy reserves, so he tries to eat as much carbs as possible, otherwise he sleeps all day.

I've been researching mass gainers and notice there are tons of high calorie supplements, but theyre all like 300g serving for 1500 calories, vs 160g servings for like 700 calories, lol.

What gives!?

Can anyone help me find a calorie protein supplement that will have the highest number of a combination of calories/protein/carb/fat per gram of serving.
    Also, any clues as to what other additives to steer clear of as well as which supplement would be good (creatinine?)
    Bless!

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Make your own if possible, there are tons of recipes and it's must more cost efficient and you can more easily monitor the ingredients
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Registered User autisticwarrior's Avatar
    autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250) autisticwarrior has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    canned tuna, rice, broccoli

LadyBelle85 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I come over, I help him make healthier things. But he's 21 and living in dorms in college. So not having to blend things, given lack of consistent access, low energy, and dealing with classes is higher priority than the additives, as the opposite is lower consumption of any calories.
    This is why im trying to seek help finding a decent gainer with the most calories/protein, regardless of carbs as he'll need them for energy anyways. He has been taking regular vanilla protein, full fat milk, almond butter, and sometimes even 1/3 a stick of butter or an egg. Fat absorption is quite reduced, so he needs tons of it. Oats created too much bulk and prevents him from consuming more calories. Figured that a protein with tons of calories would be best.
    He already eats canned tuna, rice with tons of butter in it, but drinking his meals is def easier for him as he can sip it all day, vs pulling out food while in class.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LadyBelle85 View Post
    When I come over, I help him make healthier things. But he's 21 and living in dorms in college. So not having to blend things, given lack of consistent access, low energy, and dealing with classes is higher priority than the additives, as the opposite is lower consumption of any calories.
    This is why im trying to seek help finding a decent gainer with the most calories/protein, regardless of carbs as he'll need them for energy anyways. He has been taking regular vanilla protein, full fat milk, almond butter, and sometimes even 1/3 a stick of butter or an egg. Fat absorption is quite reduced, so he needs tons of it. Oats created too much bulk and prevents him from consuming more calories. Figured that a protein with tons of calories would be best.
    He already eats canned tuna, rice with tons of butter in it, but drinking his meals is def easier for him as he can sip it all day, vs pulling out food while in class.
    I don't know of any cost efficient options but in terms of ingredients it's hard to be PES Smart Mass
    My secret? Texting between sets.