Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)

Top Nutritional Myths

Every day I hear friends and colleagues regurgitating common nutritional myths. I was thinking, there ought to be a sticky in the nutritional section that catalogues all of these myths for newbies. I know there is "Nutrition For Newbies & Must Read Threads" (https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=136691851) which covers some of the myths, but they are scattered across different sub-threads, some of which are now invalid.

So anyway, here are the myths that I constantly hear in no particular order (I tend not to correct people when I hear them, I just lol inside). Please feel free to add your own as I'd be interested to hear them. I'm also open to being corrected if any of the myths I've posted are actually true:

#1 Eating simple carbs/sugar will make you fat. False.

#2 Eating fat will make you fat. False.

#3 Eating healthy fats (nuts, avacados, etc) will convert belly fat into a "better" fat that will burn off more easily. False.

#4 Eating only protein and fat will put your body into fat burning mode. False.

#5 Bread is bad for you. False.

#6 Bread contains lots of added sugar. False. Granted it can contain added sugar (for example, brioch buns), but there is plenty of bread with only naturally occuring sugar.

#7 Eating food late at night or before bad will be converted straight into fat. False.

#8 You need 1 gram of protein, ideally more, per pound of body weight. False, I think studies have shown that 0.7 - 0.8 grams per pound of LEAN body weight is adequate.

#9 You shouldn't eat fruit because it's high in sugar. False. As well as numerous health benefits (some of which we might not even know about or understand yet) fruit is generally very low in calories.

#10 Brown rice/pasta/bread is healthy but white varieties aren't. False.

#11 Protein can't be converted into fat. False.

#12 Diet soda will cause an insulin spike which will cause fat gain. False. Diet soda has no calories so where is the fat going to come from, thin air?

#13 Diet soda is worse than regular soda for weight loss/gain. False.

#14 If you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode where it clings on to fat and only burns muscle. False.

#15 High-glycemic carbs will make you fat. False.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Good list.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Read good to me. I have a few more fun ones that keep appearing.

#16. Training fasted causes greater fat loss then fed when calorie diet are matched. False

#17. You can't get fat eating healthy foods. False

#18. Only 'complete' proteins count towards protein amount. False

#19. Processed foods are bad and will cause fat gains beyond total calories. False

#20. Intermittent Fasting causes greater fat loss then calorie matched restrictive eating due to rise in human growth hormone and decrease insulin level. False

(edited as I can't count)
    Last edited by hardyboysare; 02-09-2020 at 06:43 AM.

CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CaptKirk90 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Should be a sticky

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    # 21 Insulin makes you fat - False, it only stores what you consume - so blaming insulin is shooting the messenger. And fat can be stored without it in any case

* edit - what happened to 16?

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    # 21 Insulin makes you fat - False, it only stores what you consume - so blaming insulin is shooting the messenger. And fat can be stored without it in any case

* edit - what happened to 16?
    I cant count let me edit one :-)

Sure I can think of one more.

faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) faithbrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    good thread, tldr: cico & iifym
    positive crew

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    14. Is a little off if you are under weight very, for an extended amount of time there is a starvation mode which is different though hyper metabolism where a much much much higher amount of calories is needed to cause weight gain 4,500+ even at a low weight but stay in the restrict state you lose muscle, fat, then bone after the other two are gone equally
    Insta is username snails.r.us

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

It's overall carbs that cause fat gain and not calories

It's genes that dictate bodyfat and not nutrition
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)
    Some of these are ambiguous and/or complicated. For example:

Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    #3 Eating healthy fats (nuts, avacados, etc) will convert belly fat into a "better" fat that will burn off more easily. False.
    The ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in the diet is known to associate with development of Metabolic Syndrome, of which "belly fat" is a hallmark.

#4 Eating only protein and fat will put your body into fat burning mode. False.
    An increase in dietary fat will induce a mitochondrial increase in fatty acid oxidation. If you were to replace all dietary carbs with fat, then quite literally your cells would be forced to become "fat burners" because of which substrate is available. While this doesn't necessarily mean increased adipose-tissue lipolysis, it highlights the ambiguity of your term "fat burning mode".

#10 Brown rice/pasta/bread is healthy but white varieties aren't. False.
    People should know that the nutrients in white varieties are only there because governments mandate that they be fortified since they are so nutrient-poor.

#11 Protein can't be converted into fat. False.
    This one is a real stretch. It's incredibly inefficient for the body to convert protein to triglyceride. It's orders of magnitude more likely that it will oxidize it, use it for constructive purposes, or pee it out.

#12 Diet soda will cause an insulin spike which will cause fat gain. False. Diet soda has no calories so where is the fat going to come from, thin air?
    IMO the current nutritional viewpoint on "diet soda is bad" has less to do with its effect on insulin and more to do with its effect on liver function. As for the calories, diet soda is almost always consumed with a meal and even the drink itself contains substrates that contribute to various metabolic cycles. Any xenobiotic must be dealt with by the liver and kidneys--taking their attention away from other important tasks. The concerns are more about long-term implications, not short-term.

#14 If you don't eat enough, your body will go into starvation mode where it clings on to fat and only burns muscle. False.
    I think this one is true for obese people. They have metabolically become "fat trappers" in the sense that they have reduced fat oxidation capabilities. When energy deprivation becomes severe, their metabolism thinks "oh **** this is bad I REALLY need to burn sugar right now, screw trying to mess around with this fatty acid stuff." They will preferentially break down lean tissue for gluconeogenesis rather than break down fat tissue for lipolysis. Their metabolism considers lipolysis to be a waste of time because downstream beta oxidation never materializes anyways. Eventually it says "forget it--just leave the fat alone".

For healthy / non-obese people, I'd say the point is fair.

Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    #16. Training fasted causes greater fat loss then fed when calorie diet are matched. False

#17. You can't get fat eating healthy foods. False

#19. Processed foods are bad and will cause fat gains beyond total calories. False

#20. Intermittent Fasting causes greater fat loss then calorie matched restrictive eating due to rise in human growth hormone and decrease insulin level. False
    Every one of these has less to do with "nutritional myths" and more to do with defending the CICO status quo. IMO they are harmful points to put into a sticky because they downplay the benefits of eating unprocessed food and fasting by intentionally obfuscating the obvious ways that those two things lead to appetite suppression. The best predictor of weight loss is dietary compliance, so why do you want to trivialize these strategies to people who struggle with compliance the most? Does it make you feel smarter to do that?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    So why are type-1 diabetics always lean until they start treatment, at which point they become just as fat as the general population?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that I've said my piece, y'all can continue with the CICO circlejerk. For anybody reading this in the future, not everyone here in 2020 was blinded by modern dogma.

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by rtpmarine View Post
    Some of these are ambiguous and/or complicated. For example:

The ratio of omega-3 to omega-6 fatty acids in the diet is known to associate with development of Metabolic Syndrome, of which "belly fat" is a hallmark.

An increase in dietary fat will induce a mitochondrial increase in fatty acid oxidation. If you were to replace all dietary carbs with fat, then quite literally your cells would be forced to become "fat burners" because of which substrate is available. While this doesn't necessarily mean increased adipose-tissue lipolysis, it highlights the ambiguity of your term "fat burning mode".

People should know that the nutrients in white varieties are only there because governments mandate that they be fortified since they are so nutrient-poor.

This one is a real stretch. It's incredibly inefficient for the body to convert protein to triglyceride. It's orders of magnitude more likely that it will oxidize it, use it for constructive purposes, or pee it out.

IMO the current nutritional viewpoint on "diet soda is bad" has less to do with its effect on insulin and more to do with its effect on liver function. As for the calories, diet soda is almost always consumed with a meal and even the drink itself contains substrates that contribute to various metabolic cycles. Any xenobiotic must be dealt with by the liver and kidneys--taking their attention away from other important tasks. The concerns are more about long-term implications, not short-term.

I think this one is true for obese people. They have metabolically become "fat trappers" in the sense that they have reduced fat oxidation capabilities. When energy deprivation becomes severe, their metabolism thinks "oh **** this is bad I REALLY need to burn sugar right now, screw trying to mess around with this fatty acid stuff." They will preferentially break down lean tissue for gluconeogenesis rather than break down fat tissue for lipolysis. Their metabolism considers lipolysis to be a waste of time because downstream beta oxidation never materializes anyways. Eventually it says "forget it--just leave the fat alone".

For healthy / non-obese people, I'd say the point is fair.

Every one of these has less to do with "nutritional myths" and more to do with defending the CICO status quo. IMO they are harmful points to put into a sticky because they downplay the benefits of eating unprocessed food and fasting by intentionally obfuscating the obvious ways that those two things lead to appetite suppression. The best predictor of weight loss is dietary compliance, so why do you want to trivialize these strategies to people who struggle with compliance the most? Does it make you feel smarter to do that?

So why are type-1 diabetics always lean until they start treatment, at which point they become just as fat as the general population?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that I've said my piece, y'all can continue with the CICO circlejerk. For anybody reading this in the future, not everyone here in 2020 was blinded by modern dogma.
    Overall useless post

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You'll never know the degree of temptation I am ignoring right now to not respond critically to your post

But alas, I am trying not to start endless forum arguments this year.

So i'll just say, 'cool story, bro'.
    The power of carbs compels me!

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Overall useless post
    Don't give in... do not engage... you'll end up going down an endless, pointless rabbit hole with him.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Don't give in... do not engage... you'll end up going down an endless, pointless rabbit hole with him.
    Hence my short and to the point response.

kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From the very little I know, good list +poverty reps

pls aware me on (#10) white rice/bread isn't healthy

Hence my short and to the point response.
    Well played

Originally Posted by kenjoshx View Post
    From the very little I know, good list +poverty reps

pls aware me on (#10) white rice/bread isn't healthy
    It's inaccurate because the 'healthiness' of a food is a vague and nebulous concept which depends on context.

If you're an athlete, you're lean, you have normally functioning insulin control, then your body can utilize the nutrients in white/refined carb sources just fine.

Additionally, white rice, white bread, white pasta, they all contain some amount of vitamins and minerals, though less than their whole-form counterparts.

So really it comes down to how you're defining 'healthy'. 'Healthy' is a spectrum... not an absolute. Certain foods contain more health-promoting aspects than others, some contain more health-harming aspects than others, but it's all a balance.

If it isn't a poison in normal doses, and it contains some kind of substance known to assist in aiding the performance or health of a person, how can it be absolutely 'unhealthy'?

calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000) calumscotland is a name known to all. (+5000)
    this should be a sticky will rep on recharge
    Degenerate Crew
    HTC
    banned crew
    blue cheese master race

5'7 @ 170lbs

bench 260lbs
    squat 300lbs
    DL 405lbs

kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kenjoshx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It's inaccurate because the 'healthiness' of a food is a vague and nebulous concept which depends on context.

If you're an athlete, you're lean, you have normally functioning insulin control, then your body can utilize the nutrients in white/refined carb sources just fine.

Additionally, white rice, white bread, white pasta, they all contain some amount of vitamins and minerals, though less than their whole-form counterparts.

So really it comes down to how you're defining 'healthy'. 'Healthy' is a spectrum... not an absolute. Certain foods contain more health-promoting aspects than others, some contain more health-harming aspects than others, but it's all a balance.

If it isn't a poison in normal doses, and it contains some kind of substance known to assist in aiding the performance or health of a person, how can it be absolutely 'unhealthy'?
    For what it's worth, on spread. OP got my last of today

#24 - You can only absorb 20-40 grams of protein per meal. Anything beyond that is pissed out and wasted completely.

Is that closer to your theory cupcake.

[img]https://ctl.s6img.com/society6/img/Ww9ICJhXghIovnTIeN3dc-CU2lI/w_700/prints/~artwork/s6-original-art-uploads/society6/uploads/misc/01a3df5b1ece4ad6822929ce7fda3de2/~~/calories-funny-dictionary-definition-prints.jpg[img]

definitely chuckled on this one

It's unfortunate that a good thread gets derailed by someone attempting to sound informed but proves the opposite just to hear himself speak.

rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000) rtpmarine is just really nice. (+1000)

By your own admission (i.e. use of “calorie-matched”, “when calories are equal”, etc.) you make clear that fasting and avoiding processed foods are helpful strategies to reduce calories. So why would you prefer to trivialize those things if they can help people who need calorie reduction the most?

To put it another way, if your world revolves around the idea of calorie balance, why would you dismiss the best ways to achieve calorie restriction? It seems illogical.

By your own admission (i.e. use of “calorie-matched”, “when calories are equal”, etc.) you make clear that fasting and avoiding processed foods are helpful strategies to reduce calories. So why would you prefer to trivialize those things if they can help people who need calorie reduction the most?

To put it another way, if your world revolves around the idea of calorie balance, why would you dismiss the best ways to achieve calorie restriction? It seems illogical.

And, you literally just went against YOUR own argument: "fasting and avoiding processed foods are helpful strategies to reduce calories. So why would you prefer to trivialize those things if they can help people who need calorie reduction the most?"

You said it right there, fasting etc is a means of arriving at the CI/CO conclusion... fasting in NO way negates it, nor did anyone say fasting can't help you achieve it... what we said is that fasting does not cause greater fat loss when calories are matched. THAT is a fact...

So, why tell people the truth? Gee, I dunno, cuz it's the right thing to do? What would you prefer? Would it be better to lie and tell people fasting is magic and negates CI/CO cuz insulin and dat dere authophagy bra?

You seem unable to understand the difference between stating a fact and claiming there is zero purpose to anything mildly related to the concept being discussed.

CI/CO is a fact. Fasting can help you manage it, it does not render it any less true.

This will be my only response. Carry on.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 02-09-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bigdumogre has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    CrossFit + intermittent fasting = quicker gains
    Good looking miscer crew *Rank 4*

And, you literally just went against YOUR own argument: "fasting and avoiding processed foods are helpful strategies to reduce calories. So why would you prefer to trivialize those things if they can help people who need calorie reduction the most?"

You said it right there, fasting etc is a means of arriving at the CI/CO conclusion... fasting in NO way negates it, nor did anyone say fasting can't help you achieve it... what we said is that fasting does not cause greater fat loss when calories are matched. THAT is a fact...

So, why tell people the truth? Gee, I dunno, cuz it's the right thing to do? What would you prefer? Would it be better to lie and tell people fasting is magic and negates CI/CO cuz insulin and dat dere authophagy bra?

You seem unable to understand the difference between stating a fact and claiming there is zero purpose to anything mildly related to the concept being discussed.

CI/CO is a fact. Fasting can help you manage it, it does not render it any less true.

This will be my only response. Carry on.
    haha so much for not going down the rabbit hole with this guy

haha so much for not going down the rabbit hole with this guy ������
    I tried man I really tried but sometimes it’s just so damn tough.... I’ll do better next time

Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I tried man I really tried but sometimes it’s just so damn tough.... I’ll do better next time
    Yea...pretty disappointed in you guys for indulging his nonsense again. I don't think he's trolling per se, but he cannot be stopped from his ridiculous proselytizing. Then again, maybe I'm just another sheep who has been brainwashed by evidence-based science and yet another clueless CICO shill
    Last edited by Strawng; 02-09-2020 at 08:42 PM.

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This article I just read in the news is gold store bought pasta sauce ruins your metabolism

https://www.shefinds.com/collections...p-cooking/amp/

We wonder why people post ridiculous things
    Insta is username snails.r.us