benparr232 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm 14 and don't know if i should cut or bulk!

This probably sounds stupid, but i don't know if i should cut or bulk. I'm 5'7 and weight 130 lb but my body fat percentage is around 16%-20% and i really want to lower to make my abs more visible. I train 6 days a week with a push pull leg split and train my abs five of those days. If anyone could please give me advice on how i can make my abs more visible i would really appreciate it. I have been eating in a calorie deficit of around 200-500 calories (I burn between 2,600-3,000 daily and eat around 2,100-2,600). Thanks everyone!

Tonii47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by benparr232 View Post
    This probably sounds stupid, but i don't know if i should cut or bulk. I'm 5'7 and weight 130 lb but my body fat percentage is around 16%-20% and i really want to lower to make my abs more visible. I train 6 days a week with a push pull leg split and train my abs five of those days. If anyone could please give me advice on how i can make my abs more visible i would really appreciate it. I have been eating in a calorie deficit of around 200-500 calories (I burn between 2,600-3,000 daily and eat around 2,100-2,600). Thanks everyone!
    If you are 14 you shouldnt cut by any means if you are not excessively overweight. But since you are only 130 lbs you should defo bulk. If you want abs just train them like 3 times per week and be in small caloric surplus like 200-300 calories and aim to get around 2-3 lbs per month. I did what you are thinking about and ended up 122 lbs at 5'10 and skinny af but i did get somewhat visible abs because i had low muscle mass so i dont suggest cutting at such young age. About training follow something like fierce 5 or any good structured program. I personally follow vikings upper/lower split and I am pretty happy with it for now.

Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kauzza is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tonii47 View Post
    If you are 14 you shouldnt cut by any means if you are not excessively overweight. But since you are only 130 lbs you should defo bulk. If you want abs just train them like 3 times per week and be in small caloric surplus like 200-300 calories and aim to get around 2-3 lbs per month. I did what you are thinking about and ended up 122 lbs at 5'10 and skinny af but i did get somewhat visible abs because i had low muscle mass so i dont suggest cutting at such young age. About training follow something like fierce 5 or any good structured program. I personally follow vikings upper/lower split and I am pretty happy with it for now.
    i agree with this
    '

BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BenMcLeodNZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't cut because it will stunt your growth. Don't necessarily bulk either. Just eat the calories you need and you will gain muscle and not fat, it will be slow at 14 though.

marcuscouch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    stop worrying about everything you mentioned for a few years. just lift and make smart choices when you can

Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Matt11222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by benparr232 View Post
    don't cut

you're 14 and should be hitting a growth spurt soon if you haven't already and as your body is developing at a significant rate you need the nutrients and calories to fuel it

regardless of your current bodyfat, bulk. you will make awesome noob gains that you'll lose out on if you cut.

don't give a **** about what people think of you, if you're unhappy with bodyfat percentage you can do that at a later date. this will only be a blip on the radar further down the line. get the muscle first, then focus on losing the bodyfat

ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Don't ever cut if you're still developing. Only if you're like 300lb or above. The body needs the nutrients you're giving it right now the most. You only got one body, I wouldn't run experiments with it. And cutting right now is definitely one. Your body and brain might not fully develop if you run longer cuts during your childhood. In particular, you might not reach your height potential, iq potential etc.