Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    KandeeMann has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sup brahs? Any of y’all ever quit alcohol or taken a long break from it?

I can’t remember last time I ever went more than two weeks without drinking on the weekend.

I’ve decided to make an attempt at going sober for at least 3 months. I’m really into the gym and losing weight right now so that’s where the motive stems from, but also want to change up my lifestyle as all I’ve ever done in my twenties is get drunk af and hit the clubs/bars.

I’m single with no kids so that the kind of freedom that allows me to do that all the time, but now I want to relax and only turn up in moderation.

Any of y’all ever take a break from alcohol or quit completely, and if so, what were your hobbies/leisure activities like after? Also did it have any impact on your social life?

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by KandeeMann View Post
    I can’t remember last time I ever went more than two weeks without drinking on the weekend.

I’ve decided to make an attempt at going sober for at least 3 months. I’m really into the gym and losing weight right now so that’s where the motive stems from, but also want to change up my lifestyle as all I’ve ever done in my twenties is get drunk af and hit the clubs/bars.

I’m single with no kids so that the kind of freedom that allows me to do that all the time, but now I want to relax and only turn up in moderation.

Any of y’all ever take a break from alcohol or quit completely, and if so, what were your hobbies/leisure activities like after? Also did it have any impact on your social life?
    I mean in single, no kids, live in/own my own place, and I drink maybe 1-2 drinks a year....

I just have zero interest in it almost ever.

Has zero impact on my social life... I do all the same things, just no drinking. I go out to bars less (not at all really), but that’s all...

I just chill with friends, lift, play golf, hang out in the city, go to movies, bowling...

If anything my life is much better, better sleep, better digestion...
    The power of carbs compels me!

Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Dre4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Only time I drink is with friends, I never drink alone because it feels to depressing. Even then, there are times where I'll decline a drink in those settings. I'm not into clubbing or big parties though so my situation is different.
    Oakland Raiders--Toronto Raptors--Toronto Blue Jays--San Jose Sharks
    UNC Tarheels--FSU Seminoles

Fresh BVB 09 Supporter

Canadian Crew

Originally Posted by Dre4 View Post
    Only time I drink is with friends, I never drink alone because it feels to depressing. Even then, there are times where I'll decline a drink in those settings. I'm not into clubbing or big parties though so my situation is different.

I’ve never been a solo drinker.
    I’m not the type of person who comes home and cracks one open.

But I am/was a BIG TIME party goer.
    Nightlife marauder of some sort.
    And all my friends are/were too.
    So going sober, it doesn’t make sense to be surrounded by that environment all the time.

Now that I’m a bit older and kind of over that lifestyle and really want to focus on fitness and financials, I’ve decided I want to eliminate it from my typical weekend routine.

Just seeing if anybody else has experienced this transition and what I should expect or be prepared for in order to maintain it.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I’ve never been a solo drinker.
    I’m not the type of person who comes home and cracks one open.

But I am/was a BIG TIME party goer.
    Nightlife marauder of some sort.
    And all my friends are/were too.
    So going sober, it doesn’t make sense to be surrounded by that environment all the time.

Now that I’m a bit older and kind of over that lifestyle and really want to focus on fitness and financials, I’ve decided I want to eliminate it from my typical weekend routine.

Just seeing if anybody else has experienced this transition and what I should expect or be prepared for in order to maintain it.
    Be prepared for? It’s not like you’re having a child, you’re just not drinking. You can do whatever you want...

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I mean in single, no kids, live in/own my own place, and I drink maybe 1-2 drinks a year....

Has zero impact on my social life... I do all the same things, just no drinking. I go out to bars less (not at all really), but that’s all...

I just chill with friends, lift, play golf, hang out in the city, go to movies, bowling...

If anything my life is much better, better sleep, better digestion...
    Same, rarely drink and not a big fan of it. I am an unfun drunk; I just get really lethargic and tired, fall asleep.

Think I have had a bottle of rum in my fridge for about 5 months and still almost full.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Same, rarely drink and not a big fan of it. I am an unfun drunk; I just get really lethargic and tired, fall asleep.

Think I have had a bottle of rum in my fridge for about 5 months and still almost full.
    I’m actually a really fun drunk, but, it just ain’t worth the hangover ;-)

Be prepared for? It’s not like you’re having a child, you’re just not drinking. You can do whatever you want...
    I don’t think you’re understanding which makes sense, since you said you don’t even drink or go out anyway.

This is a complete lifestyle change for me, so tips or pointers or a “heads up” would be appreciated from those who have made the same transition successfully.

But as already pointed out, I guess you wouldn’t be able to provide any of that since you only drink 1-2 times a year.
    Thanks for the input though.

I don’t think you’re understanding which makes sense, since you said you don’t even drink or go out anyway.

This is a complete lifestyle change for me, so tips or pointers or a “heads up” would be appreciated from those who have made the same transition successfully.

But as already pointed out, I guess you wouldn’t be able to provide any of that since you only drink 1-2 times a year.
    Thanks for the input though.
    You say that as though I didn’t used to drink a lot. I did.

That being said, when I want to change something, I do it.... it’s easy if you want it enough.

When I was with my Ex, I drank 2-3 nights a week, way back in college even more...

However, if it’s worth it to you, you just adjust.

I’m not sure what kind of lifestyle change you’re talking about because if it’s only on weekends, then clearly you just find other things to do....

You say that as though I didn’t used to drink a lot. I did.

That being said, when I want to change something, I do it.... it’s easy if you want it enough.

When I was with my Ex, I drank 2-3 nights a week, way back in college even more...

However, if it’s worth it to you, you just adjust.

I’m not sure what kind of lifestyle change you’re talking about because if it’s only on weekends, then clearly you just find other things to do....

Yeah that’s exactly it, a lifestyle change.
    Change of environment, usual friends, etc. lots of thing change.

After having done it for so long just looking for tips and pointers from others who’ve made the transition successfully.

But you don’t seem to have much advice or things to say in regards to it besides “do other things” lol.

Anyways, anybody else that’s made the same change would be cool to hear your experiences or differences in lifestyle, friends, etc. once you did.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

After having done it for so long just looking for tips and pointers from others who’ve made the transition successfully.

But you don’t seem to have much advice or things to say in regards to it besides “do other things” lol.

Anyways, anybody else that’s made the same change would be cool to hear your experiences or differences in lifestyle, friends, etc. once you did.
    I usually just drive so my friends can drink as much as they want; works out for everyone. My only rules are: No puking in my car, and they have to pay for any food I order.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000) jademonkey is just really nice. (+1000)
    Damn every once in a while I'll go a day without so much as a beer, but don't think I've gone a whole week without since I turned 21. Same with covfefe.
    Current.....................335 / 295 / 499............185 lbs
    July 1, 2019................9 week cut.................164 lbs
    Late April 2019.........285 / 275 / 440.............178 lbs
    Oct, 2018..............175x6 / 145x6 / 275x5......163 lbs

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ... I drink maybe 1-2 drinks a year....

This basically sums me up. I'd have a beer at Christmas and maybe if I went around someone's house and they offered me one, so 1 or 2 drinks a year. Eventually I realised I much prefer the taste of diet cola to beer, so now I don't drink at all. Not that I need to remain t-total for any particular reason, but alcohol has zero appeal to me now.

I feel quite lucky actually, because I know plenty of people that can't go more than a couple of days without an alcoholic drink.

Personally I don't particularly like the taste, and I hate that dehydrated feeling it leaves you with the next day. As for hangovers and waiting around in the cold for a cab, those days are decades behind me now.

Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    This basically sums me up. I'd have a beer at Christmas and maybe if I went around someone's house and they offered me one, so 1 or 2 drinks a year. Eventually I realised I much prefer the taste of diet cola to beer, so now I don't drink at all. Not that I need to remain t-total for any particular reason, but alcohol has zero appeal to me now.

I feel quite lucky actually, because I know plenty of people that can't go more than a couple of days without an alcoholic drink.

Personally I don't particularly like the taste, and I hate that dehydrated feeling it leaves you with the next day. As for hangovers and waiting around in the cold for a cab, those days are decades behind me now.
    I actually do really like the taste of beer, especially really hoppy IPAs, but with my reflux, low-tolerance, and how it effects my sleep, I can't really enjoy any amount that would be appealing, so I just don't bother.

I usually will have 1 drink during my annual family reunion and 1 drink on Thankgiving or something... or, if someone gets married etc, i'll have some champagne or wine... but it's always 1 glass/serving worth.

DadKnowsBetter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I actually do really like the taste of beer, especially really hoppy IPAs, but with my reflux, low-tolerance, and how it effects my sleep, I can't really enjoy any amount that would be appealing, so I just don't bother.

I usually will have 1 drink during my annual family reunion and 1 drink on Thankgiving or something... or, if someone gets married etc, i'll have some champagne or wine... but it's always 1 glass/serving worth.
    lol...Crazy I saw this... drank for past 20 years...everyday...at least 1 beer or glass of wine if not two or three or even more. As of Feburary 2nd,... I havent had a drink and plan not too. Srarting a challenge or experiance nutritionally over next 8 weeks and also focusing on my family and self. So far so good...past couple nights I have had some pycotic dreams though. They say it can take 3 months to a year for your body and mind to recover from even light daily drinking.

blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I like to drink, though I'm more of a social drinker than anything more serious. That said, I almost never drink anymore, it's just usually not worth the calories.

Originally Posted by DadKnowsBetter View Post
    lol...Crazy I saw this... drank for past 20 years...everyday...at least 1 beer or glass of wine if not two or three or even more. As of Feburary 2nd,... I havent had a drink and plan not too. Srarting a challenge or experiance nutritionally over next 8 weeks and also focusing on my family and self. So far so good...past couple nights I have had some pycotic dreams though. They say it can take 3 months to a year for your body and mind to recover from even light daily drinking.
    I never had an issue not drinking, I think because when I did drink more heavily, it was maybe 2 nights a week, while some nights I might just have 1 beer or something with roommates.

Now, coffee, THAT one was hard...

Up until last spring, I was a 30oz per day coffee drinker... one in the morning, one in the afternoon.

I stopped cold turkey due to some concerns over acid reflux and heart palpitations... and my God... I was felt like DEATH for 2 weeks.

I kid you not, I went to the emergency room because I felt so tired, weak, and disoriented... felt like I had a stroke, or the flu, I don't even know how to explain it.

After 2 weeks, it started to get better, than after 3 weeks, I never went back.

Now, I have 2 cups of decaf a day, simply because I love the taste of coffee, but the upside is that I don't need caffeine for energy now, so if I happen to be stranded without it, it has no effect on me. It's crazy what kind of dependencies you can develop over time even in moderate levels of consumption.

3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 3maj is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Why do you feel that they are mutually exclusive? Do you overindulge to the point that it affects you the next day (i.e. the hangover prevents you from functioning normally)?

It's completely possible to go out, get buzzed, and then resume normal programming the next day (including training, spending time with family, whatever), unless you're a child who gets completely obliterated every time you are in a social situation which involves alcohol.

Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000) Millz12323 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I used to party quite a lot in my teenage years and early twenties. Liked to get hammered pretty regularly.

Nowadays I only get sufficiently drunk a few times a year.

You'll find if you go out with your fiends and your sober AF that you'll probably get annoyed at the stupidity if drunk people. So you'll either need to tone down the partying or accept that people drunk people will aggravate you.
    Recent best lifts
    Bench - 225x13, 235x9, 250x5, 270x1
    Squat - 295x10, 340x5, 355x1
    Deadlift - 430x12, 450x9, 485x5, 505x1
    OHP - 150x11, 170x6, 185x2, 190x1
    3 mile run: 21:59 @ 170 bw.
    BW - 195 Getting fat mode
    531 Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177172201&page=6

snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) snailsrus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    4 years sober after years of trying to quit with some success followed by failure

-social life expanded I drank alone at home or when I was with my abusive ex. Now I have reconnected with old friends, made new friends in aa where ever I have moved. And a loving husband who is supportive and my family talks to me again.

Same hobbies but just started doing them again, always worked out no matter drinking or not, but drawing, cars, music, cooking, hikes, outdoors stuff, reading, going to the movies, gardening, also now I sponsor other women and active in aa.

I drank much heavier than you and it ruined my health, I quit because not only was I super depressed and isolated but it was hurting my family and doctors looked at my hollow body gravelly on my gin and diet soda diet....

Reading up bangs and coffee I over do still
    Insta is username snails.r.us

broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000) broceadin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i will only have a cocktail when im gambling as it calms the nerves a bit since when i gamble i always take a large amount (that i can afford to lose but im there for fun)
    yo bros its broceadin of the brocean up in this thread.

Harsh Truth Distributor xsquid99's Avatar
    xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Alcohol/partying/bars/clubbing was such a huge part of my life for many years, especially living in Japan on and off for the better part of my adult life where people over-indulge with alcohol to the extreme. When I left Japan in 2016 I went to Seattle for a couple years and after 6 months of being there I gave up drinking for the most part (thats when I started my fitness journey, and lost 55 lbs in the process). I moved back to Japan in late 2018 and was afraid to fall back into the alcohol trap again but nope, I managed to stay clear of it. The good side is that I feel great, my health is improved, I sleep better, hit the gym everyday, and have kept all the weight off. My social life is much quieter these days and mostly its just my wife and I and our dog hanging out and doing things (snowboarding trips, weekend getaways, etc), but I'm good with that.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It will be about as different as you make it. If you choose to start avoiding your friends and not going out with them since they all drink then yea it will be a big impact on your life. If you still go out and just don't drink it will make hardly any difference at all save for some of your friends probably teasing you and trying to get you to drink, at least initially. Don't make the mistake of alienating yourself though and you may have to take initiative to inviting friends to do non drinking type events once in awhile if they are all set on drinking every weekend.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Millz12323 View Post
    I used to party quite a lot in my teenage years and early twenties. Liked to get hammered pretty regularly.

Nowadays I only get sufficiently drunk a few times a year.

You'll find if you go out with your fiends and your sober AF that you'll probably get annoyed at the stupidity if drunk people. So you'll either need to tone down the partying or accept that people drunk people will aggravate you.
    Yeah, before I had kids I'd go out with friends but I wouldn't drink. The advantage was it was cheap, and I wasn't waiting for a cab at the end of the night as I'd drive. But it was an odd experience when everyone is hammered apart from you.

I remember one time I drank water all night, then got back to the car and had a parking fine. That pissed me off.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Alcohol/partying/bars/clubbing was such a huge part of my life for many years, especially living in Japan on and off for the better part of my adult life where people over-indulge with alcohol to the extreme. When I left Japan in 2016 I went to Seattle for a couple years and after 6 months of being there I gave up drinking for the most part (thats when I started my fitness journey, and lost 55 lbs in the process). I moved back to Japan in late 2018 and was afraid to fall back into the alcohol trap again but nope, I managed to stay clear of it. The good side is that I feel great, my health is improved, I sleep better, hit the gym everyday, and have kept all the weight off. My social life is much quieter these days and mostly its just my wife and I and our dog hanging out and doing things (snowboarding trips, weekend getaways, etc), but I'm good with that.
    Interesting, I had no idea Japan was so into the booze.

Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100) Xpiro is not very well liked. (-100)
    Age 21-24 I was on a pretty intense bender, making sure to stay drunk 24/7 via carrying rum or whiskey with me everywhere I went and just taking swigs every few hours. I quit cold-turkey during a songwriting process (strangely no withdrawal symptoms) and picked up the gym habit, stayed off for 3 months before slowly introducing it again in moderation. I set boundaries for myself: no drinking at home and no drinking alone. Kept me in check from then on. Nowadays I don’t really drink though, ****s with my sleep and makes me feel like shyt (28 now). Smoke a lot of weed outside of the gym tho; helps me sleep, focus at work, and helps my mood (ADHD/insomnia/depression/anxiety/mood disorder/who knows what else). I just make sure to select the right strains for my needs... medical is a thing in my state and recreational was just legalized. I’m a very one-track, obsessive person so the gym is my only full-time habit. I haven’t written any songs in a while but I still sing here and there.
    Last edited by Xpiro; 02-10-2020 at 02:38 PM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting, I had no idea Japan was so into the booze.
    Its not uncommon to see Japanese "salarymen" (businessmen) passed out drunk in a pool of their own vomit on the street or on the train station platforms. Bars stay open until the morning hours. "Drinking parties" are a common thing with office workers too, where they will all go out and get as smashed as possible until the wee hours of the morning. Its basically how the Japanese cope with the excessive work hours, miserable home-lives, and stringent rules of society.

I was driving to work last week at 6am and passed by a salaryman in a suit outside a bar completely tossed just standing there pissing on a lightpole on a busy street.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Its not uncommon to see Japanese "salarymen" (businessmen) passed out drunk in a pool of their own vomit on the street or on the train station platforms. Bars stay open until the morning hours. "Drinking parties" are a common thing with office workers too, where they will all go out and get as smashed as possible until the wee hours of the morning. Its basically how the Japanese cope with the excessive work hours, miserable home-lives, and stringent rules of society.

I was driving to work last week at 6am and passed by a salaryman in a suit outside a bar completely tossed just standing there pissing on a lightpole on a busy street.
    Damn! Japan sounds like a interesting place.

Damn! Japan sounds like a interesting place.
    Oh its awesome, I love it... But their obsession with drinking is over the top. And nearly a quarter of the country smokes too.

Oh its awesome, I love it... But their obsession with drinking is over the top. And nearly a quarter of the country smokes too.
    Amazing they live, on average, so long