knotty150 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

L-Glutamine - Can it cause cancer?

Hi all. First post on here so apologies if I've posted in error or if I'm asking a question that's already been answered. I've been on and off with the gym for a number of years now and one of the things that's always hindered me is poor gut health. Recently I've been looking into taking L Glutamine as a means to try and repair any intestinal damage to see if that makes a difference, and I'm going to continue researching - but as part of that research I figured it can't hurt to ask the question on here and see if anyone has been in a similar situation to me with this.

My understanding is that I need to build up to a 'megadose' of about 30g per day over 6 intakes. I've read some articles which suggest that cancer cells feed off Glutamine. My question is will taking Glutamine in the first instance increase my predisposition to getting cancer? Appreciate this is more of a question for a Dr, but has anybody else looked into this?

Thanks.

OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OT2000 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Glutamine is helpful for gut health. Adding it does not make you predisposed to cancer. 30g seems like a lot as well. I would maybe do a third of that. See your doctor for any health questions especially gut related.
    Your nutrition and workout program determines your success.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by knotty150 View Post
    Hi all. First post on here so apologies if I've posted in error or if I'm asking a question that's already been answered. I've been on and off with the gym for a number of years now and one of the things that's always hindered me is poor gut health. Recently I've been looking into taking L Glutamine as a means to try and repair any intestinal damage to see if that makes a difference, and I'm going to continue researching - but as part of that research I figured it can't hurt to ask the question on here and see if anyone has been in a similar situation to me with this.

My understanding is that I need to build up to a 'megadose' of about 30g per day over 6 intakes. I've read some articles which suggest that cancer cells feed off Glutamine. My question is will taking Glutamine in the first instance increase my predisposition to getting cancer? Appreciate this is more of a question for a Dr, but has anybody else looked into this?

Thanks.
    Ive investigated supplements for over 20 years. I've never heard of a report of glutamine causing cancer. Remember that you make glutamine. Cancer cells use glutamine and other amino acids too. To say this is complicated is an understatement,. If someone had cancer, I'd suggest speaking to an oncologist before taking it. As an aside, I've not seen any good proof glutamine supplements make people stronger. I agree 30 g (about 1 oz) is a lot to take.
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

Gingers are human too HannoCometh's Avatar
    HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000) HannoCometh is a complete loser! (-2000)
    What's glutamine got to do with cancer?

Are you a troll?
    ##Only enemies of progress, enemies of science, feminazis and jealous bishes accuse me of "using steroids".##

Extraterrestrials arrive on Earth in 2021 and insist they received powerful signals from Earth circa 260,000 years ago.

*Aspiring Sasquatch crew*
    *All-natural-male crew*
    #ThirdWorldWarCrew