BritMat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Just started up 3 weeks and a day ago.

OK so I'm sure some of you may judge me I hope not.

Years ago I was in great shape. I did boxing, Thai boxing, grappling, I lifted weights, I was a 10 to 12% body fat at one point, 5 ft 8".

So last year and a half I ended up with a bad coke problem, very bad, I almost lost everything including my home. I lost my company my gf everything. It was my gd that introduced it back into my life on a regular basis. I lost my children for 2 months, I saw them but they had to stay with there mother.
    I have them back I am there main carer.
    I was losing my daughter I could see her distancing herself. My skin was terrible, bottoms of my legs had a yellow Tonge to them. I went from 12 nd a half stone to 10stone.
    Weakest I've been.

Anyway over 3 weeks clean to date by far the longest clean in a year and a half and I don't want coke. But I've had to replace it with the gym. Well I wanted to.

And some may judge me here also. I do 5x5 and I know how important rest days are. But I need those endorphins, I need to get to the gym. So I started very very light and building slowly. But I am loving the gym. Monday Tuesday Wednesday I did A, b, a. Today Thursday is rest day, Fri sat Sunday ill try B, a, b. I also add on bicep curls dips and such.

Yeah I know I need to rest but I won't add weight on second half of week just reps if I can.

I have to be honest. I'm going to the gym no matter what as its keeping me from the coke. I've been adding weight well. But I may even go today even just to do anything.
    If it's a choice of over doing coke or ver doing the gym I'm over doing the gym all day long even if I am slowing progress.

On 3 and a bit weeks I've gone from 10st the 11 stone 8lbs.and yes added alot of fat. I really don't mind. I'm eating to get to 12 to 12 and a half stone. And I've started now I see the belly to eat cleaner.

I was adding weight easily, but now I'm at the point I need ideas on quick cheap easy ways to keep gaining weight. I know me I know if I'm looking fat but training and I hit 12 and a half stone ill be doing a body recomposition so I'll stay at that weight and lose fat and build muscle.

I feel better than I have in years. And like I say I'm probably going to the gym today. Coke or gym, I need gym.

Any advice on how to get that extra food in. Its easy to eat mince pies to bulk calories but I want better cleaner than that. I guess I could just add more orlf what I'm eating. An extra bowel of museli

ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50) ItalianDomenic will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Congrats on getting clean. Replacing it with the gym is a great idea. You should look into active rest days. Different types of cardio, kettlebell exercises, etc. This will keep you in the gym while also giving your muscles the rest they need.

You only need a 200 to 300 calorie surplus to keep growing. Aim for 1 to 2lbs a week to start off. Your newbie gains will kick in pretty quick, but after a few weeks it will get a become slower for the gains. Don't let it discourage you, it's just how the body works.

Best of luck on your recovery.
    I Do It Because I Can...
    I Can Because I Want To...
    I Want To Because You Said I Couldn't

1/11/20: 194lbs / 22% BF. Goal: 200lbs / 10 - 12 % BF

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Only advice I have is to think of fitness as a lifestyle change that is now a part of your daily life and not a new replacement thing that has a start or finish. No need to rush to get it all back. You have gained 22 pounds in 3 weeks. I know some of that is rebound weight from being underweight from using coke but that is still a pretty extreme bounce in weight.

Extremes in fitness or anything in life are what burn people out. Be the tortoise not the hare. No rush to add all the weight back at once. Fat added will be fat you will eventually want to lose again to uncover the muscle gained.

As far a going to the gym, if you want to spend more time there it’s doable. I go 6 days a week. 4 days lifting and 2 for doing cardio. On your off lifting days you can going in and do some easy cardio or hit the sauna if your gym has one. Point is it doesn’t always have to be a killer session at the gym to accomplish something.

Originally Posted by ItalianDomenic View Post
    Congrats on getting clean. Replacing it with the gym is a great idea. You should look into active rest days. Different types of cardio, kettlebell exercises, etc. This will keep you in the gym while also giving your muscles the rest they need.

You only need a 200 to 300 calorie surplus to keep growing. Aim for 1 to 2lbs a week to start off. Your newbie gains will kick in pretty quick, but after a few weeks it will get a become slower for the gains. Don't let it discourage you, it's just how the body works.

Best of luck on your recovery.
    Much appreciated mate, I went today on rest day. Did some light isolation excercise. I'll have a good read up.
    But where I used to do boxing and Thai boxing I noticed a skipping rope. Set timer for 5 mins. After 3 mins pulled a calf muscle can't believe it. Resting it as much as I can but going gym tomorrow and if I can't do anything but bench so be it.

Thank you again for the good wishes.

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Only advice I have is to think of fitness as a lifestyle change that is now a part of your daily life and not a new replacement thing that has a start or finish. No need to rush to get it all back. You have gained 22 pounds in 3 weeks. I know some of that is rebound weight from being underweight from using coke but that is still a pretty extreme bounce in weight.

Extremes in fitness or anything in life are what burn people out. Be the tortoise not the hare. No rush to add all the weight back at once. Fat added will be fat you will eventually want to lose again to uncover the muscle gained.

As far a going to the gym, if you want to spend more time there it’s doable. I go 6 days a week. 4 days lifting and 2 for doing cardio. On your off lifting days you can going in and do some easy cardio or hit the sauna if your gym has one. Point is it doesn’t always have to be a killer session at the gym to accomplish something.

Thank you man, I appreciate your reply also.
    Yep it's extreme weight gain. I was eating and eating.
    I've started changing the way I eat.
    I'll be going for the 6 days a week.
    At moment all I'm focusing on is getting fit and ignoring the want for coke which is minimal for the first time in a year and a half.

I knew I'd add alot of fat but I literally hated looking in the mirror a few weeks ago. I was always in good shape. And to see a druggu wretch staring back at me made me upset and angry. I'd rather have some fat that I know ill lose. And I'm still adding more. I'm basically eating for 12 and a half stone. By summer I'll be in great shape I hope.

1st day bk in a gym after years. I had stopped the coke and had been eating hard.

Last photo 2 nights ago been eating hard for a few weeks.
    Attached Images