JordiLifts is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I really seek professional help?

Hi guys,

I've been lifting on and off for a few years now and I am trying to get back into it, only this time I want to do it right since my belly/chest is getting more and more fat.

I have been looking for a dietician in my neighbourhood to motivate me even more and help me reach my weight goals,
    but I just cannot seem to find that person that really speaks to me you know? All of these people are into the modern day "Create" your food, "healthy modern recipes" "homemade granola" "ban pasta from your life", type of stuff making me really doubt if I really need that kind of advice..
    I would rather have someone that tells me, okay you can eat pasta - but like only x grams of it!

I have been watching some of "GokuFlex" diet/transformation videos where he guides his clients through an x week program.
    In this series a couple of people have come by that just DO NOT decrease their macros at all, only add cardio in the week like 200-300kcal/week.

This is making me wonder, at what point do you really NEED a dietician's help?

I don't actually eat A LOT during the day, just basic upkeep morning/noon/evening, sometimes a cookie/candy during the day and sometimes ofc pizza or kebab for dinner you know how it goes.
    I am wondering what if I just ban the pizza/kebab/really unhealthy stuff out and push forward with doing cardio sessions before working out, do you all think this would be a better approach?
    Or am I just looking at this the wrong way?

Thank you kindly for reading at least!

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You already know the answer, you just want to hear it from someone else, listen to your instinct, it doesn't matter what we think, it's Your Life!
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.

ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProYeo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not a dietitian, I have a sports nutrition cert and I have several years of experience now. Are my services necessary? Nope... you can learn the same stuff I've learned.

So why do people hire me? Well one reason is something you seem to be running into - cutting through fads, hype, information overload, conflicting information, etc. There are many ways to accomplish goals, two people with two different approaches doesn't mean someone's wrong, ya know? Being able to find something that works for someone is one benefit of a good dietitian, nutritionist, etc.

Some people can reach their goals on their own, some people need to be told exactly what to do, some people just need a bit of help. The right person can provide the right services, but there are a lot of not the right people out there too - which can make it hard. It's really up to you to decide if you need the help, and what kind of help you need. People do everything from one-time consults to full programming, there's a lot out there!

Oh, and I eat pasta!
    2020 Olympia Bound | NPC WPD Nationally Qualified | 2018 Arnold Amateur WPD Top 3 | 2x WPD Pro World Champion (INBA/DFAC)

Meet Lifts: S: 305 | B: 205 | D: 370 * Gym Lifts: S: 380 | B: 275 | D: 415

WEB: proyeo.com | IG: ankhjii_pro_yeo

ISSA: CFT SNS | Westside Barbell Certified

blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) blissful88 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "This is making me wonder, at what point do you really NEED a dietician's help?"

You don't, educate yourself on the basics as much as you can over time.

"and push forward with doing cardio sessions before working out"

Don't do this, cardio before weight-training depletes your glycogen stores prematurely, making your lifting less optimal. I don't believe in treadmills personally, in my opinion they're gimmicks to get people into commercial gyms. Running on a regular basis is a great way to end up with knee and hip problems later on, there are better ways to get your heart rate up for cardiovascular benefits.

"since my belly/chest is getting more and more fat."

Let's make this simple, don't even necessarily focus on what it is you're eating. The real answer is to track your calories and eat below your TDEE. You can eat chips and kebabs every single day, as long as you're below your TDEE you'll still lose body fat(albeit not as quickly as clean food)

Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500) Ukiyo3k is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by JordiLifts View Post
    Hi guys,

my belly/chest is getting more and more fat.

I don't actually eat A LOT during the day

You'll see improvements when you become honest with yourself about eating.