Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) deadwoodgregg has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jeffaus View Post
    Yes I havent been around for a long time Karl. Thanks for noticing. Had some issues over last couple of years. Died once and the paramedics brought me back. Have spent last 18 months recovering and started back in gym this week after getting all clear from my doctors.

Started with legs first day back and I’d forgotten the beautiful pain of legs day until this week.
    Hey there ya mutt!!

Dude, you just can't die and not give us a backstory. Feel free to embellish to make it interesting. Bit by a funnel web? Caught up in a koala rumble?

Serious, glad that you are still with us and are back to lifting. Stay healthy and safe Jeff.
    []---[] Equipment crew member #51 []---[]

Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Karl_Hungus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes I havent been around for a long time Karl. Thanks for noticing. Had some issues over last couple of years. Died once and the paramedics brought me back. Have spent last 18 months recovering and started back in gym this week after getting all clear from my doctors.

Started with legs first day back and I’d forgotten the beautiful pain of legs day until this week. 😃
    Wow man...Sorry to hear about all that, but good to see ya back!
    It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man.

Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000) Irvine405 is just really nice. (+1000)
    jeffaus is a great American who died for our country !

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    The "taxation is theft" crew always make me laugh. Good luck putting that fire out in your house with the garden hose because you didn't want to pay for a fire department and your neighbors aren't answering their doors to help you. Hope you're good at math, 'cause you'll be missing work while yer home skewlin' yer kids. And get that machete and pitchork ready to defend your homeland against that army invading with tanks, planes, guided missiles, and nuclear weapons that their constituents paid for with their taxes.

I can't... stop... laughing!
    I live in the country. Our fire department and EMS are strictly volunteers. And they are just as effective.

I am for strong defense. Problem is our military no longer fights for freedom. The oligarchs use the military to further their nefarious agenda. this is fact.

And if you study strategies, no country is dumb enough to invade the US. Just look at our geographic location. Case in point, we can't even hold a piece of real estate in Afghanistan and we've been there almost 20 years, and we are supposed to be the world's greatest military.

History is full of battles won by militias and volunteer force. that includes the early America.

Defense can be privatize. Anything gubmint says it does, the private sector can do better for much less with greater efficiency.

How many bases do we have overseas? How many innocent brown people have we killed for freedom? And how much freedom have we lost?
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    Does taxation pay the defense bill? How should these "forces" be paid?

Thank you.
    There was a time when the Department of Defense was called War Department. There was a time when Americans truly fought for freedom. If you think our military is fighting for your freedom, look up in the sky and wait until the 82nd Airborne drops in your backyard to prevent your local officials from further raping you through more taxation. Look for the Civil Affairs unit to jam the equipment being used by NSA to spy on you. And look for the sniper to cover you while the local police is stealing your properties through Civil Asset Forfeiture.

You will never see the military fight for you. it's an illusion. Because they work for the same oligarchs who keep passing laws and Draconian measures to keep enslaving Humanity. Military men are paid to follow orders. Military men do not work for the People much like cops do not work for local citizens. Recall that the Supreme Court already ruled that cops have NO obligation to protect you.

And if you are okay with gun laws, spy without warrants, taxation without representation, immoral laws, then at least admit you're okay with slavery.
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    There was a time when the Department of Defense was called War Department. There was a time when Americans truly fought for freedom. If you think our military is fighting for your freedom, look up in the sky and wait until the 82nd Airborne drops in your backyard to prevent your local officials from further raping you through more taxation. Look for the Civil Affairs unit to jam the equipment being used by NSA to spy on you. And look for the sniper to cover you while the local police is stealing your properties through Civil Asset Forfeiture.

You will never see the military fight for you. it's an illusion. Because they work for the same oligarchs who keep passing laws and Draconian measures to keep enslaving Humanity. Military men are paid to follow orders. Military men do not work for the People much like cops do not work for local citizens. Recall that the Supreme Court already ruled that cops have NO obligation to protect you.

And if you are okay with gun laws, spy without warrants, taxation without representation, immoral laws, then at least admit you're okay with slavery.
    Private companies have no obligation to protect you either. And they can't exist without government protection.

Privatise everything, you'll still pay taxes. But then you'll have even less of a choice than you do now.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by IronCharles View Post
    The "taxation is theft" crew always make me laugh. Good luck putting that fire out in your house with the garden hose because you didn't want to pay for a fire department and your neighbors aren't answering their doors to help you. Hope you're good at math, 'cause you'll be missing work while yer home skewlin' yer kids. And get that machete and pitchork ready to defend your homeland against that army invading with tanks, planes, guided missiles, and nuclear weapons that their constituents paid for with their taxes.

I can't... stop... laughing!

Please dude, ever hear of paying a company to fix your ****? That’s something I’ve done my whole life because I’ve worked every single day since I was a teenager.

And learning institutions are not needed but again I can pay someone to tutor me if need be. I had a brainless job a monkey could do for many many years, I just worked more to make decent money to pay for all **** I needed fixed.

LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LWW has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Please dude, ever hear of paying a company to fix your ****? That’s something I’ve done my whole life because I’ve worked every single day since I was a teenager.

And learning institutions are not needed but again I can pay someone to tutor me if need be. I had a brainless job a monkey could do for many many years, I just worked more to make decent money to pay for all **** I needed fixed.

Now to continue, if a company don't fix my $hit, I don't pay 'em, much like if the fire company I call wants to say "hey we don't like this guy, we'll let it burn" well, then they don't get paid, in fact I'll instead call the company that puts out fires the quickest.

You guys got it backwards, with taxation it becomes "good luck with the fire department showing up in time and putting out that fire", the punks in Baltimore city burned the city all night long (where's Chaz).

.....this is what you've all been brainwashed in believing in those institutions, that get payed by taxation.

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Private companies have no obligation to protect you either. And they can't exist without government protection.

That's B.S. see my post above about what happens to the fire company that don't get there in time. With taxation, you only have ONE choice.

And they don't NEED government protection, that's just something the government creates on its own. A good company can get support from it's customers too.

Government soldiers ain't the only folks who can make bombs and start a war.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Now to continue, if a company don't fix my $hit, I don't pay 'em, much like if the fire company I call wants to say "hey we don't like this guy, we'll let it burn" well, then they don't get paid, in fact I'll instead call the company that puts out fires the quickest.

You guys got it backwards, with taxation it becomes "good luck with the fire department showing up in time and putting out that fire", the punks in Baltimore city burned the city all night long (where's Chaz).

.....this is what you've all been brainwashed in believing in those institutions, that get payed by taxation.
    How many homes do you have in this analogy?

Despite being libertarian, the government does have a place in this world. One of those places is emergency services.
    "it's likely one of us will have to spend some days alone"

Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    How many homes do you have in this analogy?

As with anything in life. Not everyone wants to be a firefighter, for those that do, there would be competition.

Despite being libertarian, the government does have a place in this world. One of those places is emergency services.

To add to my posts above, why does Government have to be thought of as having the "best" services? Again, that's what they've taught you since childhood.

The only reason you all think they are the only ones that can do it is because you let them, and tax you with no other choice.

7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 7Seconds has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    To add to my posts above, why does Government have to be thought of as having the "best" services? Again, that's what they've taught you since childhood.

The only reason you all think they are the only ones that can do it is because you let them, and tax you with no other choice.
    For many things I would agree, emergency response is not one of them. If my neighbour's house catches fire it is not just his problem. A small amount of socialism such as firefighters is needed in cluttered social environments like cities. My neighbour may not care if his house burns down but I certainly care about mine and the original fire can quickly spread. This is why the community comes together to put it out. But most of us have jobs and busy lives so we collectively pay a few of us to fix the problem for everyone. That company is called the fire department. We skip the hassle of organizing payments from everyone to one single company and pay them directly through taxes. A private company that I have not payed has little incentive to handle my problem and will only work to handle the problem of their customer.

And privatization of fire departments have been tried before with not much success in broad areas. There’s not really room for competition in fire response and even if you live in a big enough market for multiple services to exist you aren't gonna be researching them getting quotes etc.

Many people won't live in big enough markets to justify multiple services providing fire response there and they will just be price gouged.

This is why the community comes together to put it out. But most of us have jobs and busy lives so we collectively pay a few of us to fix the problem for everyone. That company is called the fire department.
    What you are describing is something the goat guy already brought-up, volunteer firefighters. The community raises funds to support them. If they need equipment etc. sure there could be some documented proof to get people to pay.

My great uncle who lived in a pretty small community was a volunteer firefighter his entire life, worked a paying job and then volunteered for his local volunteer fire department. He continued his work with the firefighters after he retired from paid work.

What you are describing is something the goat guy already brought-up, volunteer firefighters. The community raises funds to support them. If they need equipment etc. sure there could be some documented proof to get people to pay.

My great uncle who lived in a pretty small community was a volunteer firefighter his entire life, worked a paying job and then volunteered for his local volunteer fire department. He continued his work with the firefighters after he retired from paid work.
    Volunteers work good in areas which are economically stable and have a population capable of providing the necessary labor, but less so in poor areas and/or those which have a low population.

Volunteer firefighters are a good supplement, and often are the first responders in very rural areas, but if they lack manpower or necessary (expensive) equipment then they can't do much more than watch your home burn.

Especially in rural areas tax-funded services are still more capable of serving you than either an all-volunteer or privately-funded force. Again, it primarily issues of manpower and material resources. To prevent the spread of fires in neighborhoods, or the spawning of wildfires, you'd have to have some sort of covenant which obliged your community members to purchase fire prevention services or insurance of some sort. That's basically a tax, and a private force large enough and well-equipped enough to serve the whole community could be more economically and transparently run by that community, either as a public service or through a cooperative. Also, with a publicly-owned option you don't give an economic incentive to extortionary arsonists who could then charge to put out the fires they start.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Died... paramedics brought me back... ...Started with legs ...
    Good man, didn't make excuses to skip leg day Welcome back!

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by deadwoodgregg View Post
    Hey there ya mutt!!

Dude, you just can't die and not give us a backstory. Feel free to embellish to make it interesting. Bit by a funnel web? Caught up in a koala rumble?

Serious, glad that you are still with us and are back to lifting. Stay healthy and safe Jeff.
    thanks to all for best wishes. Gotta say man, Im sick of talking about what happened so here’s crib notes.

Got T boned in my car by drunk driver.

Internal injuries and external injuries.

External injuries healed allot faster than internal.

Ended up with sepsis which attacked my heart.

Got the all clear not long ago from cardiologist to start back in gym.

Currently extremely unfit. Need to work hard to get back to some level of fitness.

Thats about it.
    pick it up and put it down

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Oh my goodness Jeff, what an awful time you have been going through!
    My heart goes out to you. You are a real warrior and have a lot more fight in
    you. You've been to hell and back and returned to the O35's to stir the pot.

That is wonderful news from your cardiologist. Hope your recovery continues to
    improve and the new year brings much brighter times ahead....welcome back!

jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) jeffaus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Oh my goodness Jeff, what an awful time you have been going through!
    My heart goes out to you. You are a real warrior and have a lot more fight in
    you. You've been to hell and back and returned to the O35's to stir the pot.

That is wonderful news from your cardiologist. Hope your recovery continues to
    improve and the new year brings much brighter times ahead....welcome back!
    Thanks Lou1se,
    Yep you are right, back, to stir the pot. Are OTL, DBX and CB still perma banned?

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks Lou1se,
    Yep you are right, back, to stir the pot. Are OTL, DBX and CB still perma banned?
    Yes, all except CB. He still posts, only rarely these days. OS is also pb, at times
    we feel his aura lurking the forums. I think he's trying to tell us something.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Yes, all except CB. He still posts, only rarely these days. OS is also pb, at times
    we feel his aura lurking the forums. I think he's trying to tell us something.
    oh yes how could i have forgotten about OS 🤣