xln021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Really looking for advice here

this is gonna be likely one of my last threads in these forums for now:

im male 23, 173cm height and 67kg, i've trained for like 2,5years in total, i started from the lowest possible spot (skinny fat who couldnt bench 25kg)

I followed "shortcut-to-size" for the first and half year, then i discovered these forums and trained Fierce 5 for another year:

I've never followed a diet plan, nor i tracked any calories, just tried to aim to sugar-free foods and high protein ones:

i currently lift:

squat 65kg 5reps
    bench 50kg 5 reps max
    lat pulldowns 40k 8 reps
    OHP 35kg 5reps
    barbell curl 20kg around 8reps

Im pretty sure i burned my noob gains and i can say that i definitely stalled, but my lifts are still pretty low even considering that i've always been a very skinny guy plus a hardgainer imo.

So i pretty much decided to start German volume training program for muscle hypertrophy (cos one big bodybuilder in my gym that competes and studies a degree related to gym/sports told me that my full body workout was not good enough for me and that i should be training with higher volume, he also offered me personal coach but i refused...), i've also read very good feedback from GVT.

So now the question, do you think its a good idea to do GVT? or the right choice is that i should track my calories and keep doing Fierce 5? maybe jump into the upper/lower fierce5? or is there any other workout routine that would fit better if im not willing to do a consistent lean bulk diet? Just tell me what you think of it. i pretty much know nobody in real life that can give me advice with this matter.

ty in advance, sorry for the big text

PD: the big thing i wanna make clear, i wont be able to track my calories and eat the **** i want untill i live alone, so thats another year of my life atleast, but i really wanna keep hitting the gym

LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50) LifterWest will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Considering you ran Fierce 5 for a year and with that height and weight, I think you didn't bulk enough. How much weight did you gain during that time?

Registered User dylanstephens54's Avatar
    dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm sure your parents feed you plenty though work on muscle mass shedding is easy compaired to muscle growth time wise dont worry if get little fat on you 1 year of strength training will be plenty of muscle mass when u leave home can can control eating patterns more and cut

Maybe you are not pushing hard enough and just sitting on weights your comfortable with for to long or starving yourself only reason I can see that your not gaining muscle unless your parents feed you fkall food

ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50) ExiledFromFit will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I also started out not being able to bench 30kg, not even once. That was one year ago. And my lifts right now are pretty much yours doubled (after one year of training).

What I can say is you have to eat, if you wanna get stronger. If you want to be lean, no problem just cut after your bulk.

And there is no point in my opinion to do those fancy programs while your squatting 60kg??

Gotta eat big to get big.

randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000) randomcrash is just really nice. (+1000)
    I weigh 190lbs and am 5'11". This morning i ate an 8oz steak, 2 eggs, 2 thick cut slices of bacon. Had a snack of grapes and strawberries, about a handfull of each. Lunch was a turkey and ham sandwich with 12 slices of meat and 2 slices of cheese. Snack on about 4 slices of homemade beef jerky from eye of round, 2 handfulls of sunflower seeds with salt washed off, and a cheese stick. Dinner was one chicken breast, about 2 handfulls of green beans, and 2 handfulls of rice. Whenever i run GVT i eat way more than this. On GVT it isn't uncommon for me to eat a full dozen homemade tacos with sides. On GVT it takes me about an hour to eat a meal i eat so much food.

Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000) Grizvok is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don’t think you followed Fierce 5 if those are your lifts. Did you strictly follow the progression protocol?
    Fierce 5 novice routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159678631

All Pros beginner routine: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169172473

Calculating calories and macros: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173439001

Multivitamin Creatine Monohydrate
    Fish Oil Whey

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    10 sets of 10, GVT etc were used by advanced bodybuilders for periods to shock their body out of a plateau developed during their normal programs or by some athletes during their sport's off season.

It's not a magic answer or long term program, just a means for a more experienced trainee to give themselves a period of volume, volume and then some more volume. It's probably entirely suitable occasionally for your big bodybuilding gym friend, but I'm not sure it's suitable for you.

Stick to fierce 5 but really set yourself the goal to drive up those weights on the "big lifts"

Track you calories. Use this calorie calculator to get an idea of how many calories you need for "muscle gainz" https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/macronutcal.htm

If you are ok to drink milk, it's a great resource for increasing calories if you need that. Drink some *after* each meal (sensible quantities, and drink after not before, so it doesn't make you feel full and prevent eating)

Enjoy...
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Bodyweight 70kg (25/Feb/2021)

xln021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by LifterWest View Post
    Considering you ran Fierce 5 for a year and with that height and weight, I think you didn't bulk enough. How much weight did you gain during that time?
    Not much, just a few kg.

Originally Posted by dylanstephens54 View Post
    Maybe you are not pushing hard enough and just sitting on weights your comfortable with for to long or starving yourself only reason I can see that your not gaining muscle unless your parents feed you fkall food
    Yeah pretty much. The thing is, when i push that hard i think im gonna get injured, so untill i cannot lift a certain weight with decent comfort, i just dont raise it. For example when i push harder the bench press, my shoulders (specially the right one) feel like they are gonna pop up.

Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    10 sets of 10, GVT etc were used by advanced bodybuilders for periods to shock their body out of a plateau developed during their normal programs or by some athletes during their sport's off season.

It's not a magic answer or long term program, just a means for a more experienced trainee to give themselves a period of volume, volume and then some more volume. It's probably entirely suitable occasionally for your big bodybuilding gym friend, but I'm not sure it's suitable for you.

Stick to fierce 5 but really set yourself the goal to drive up those weights on the "big lifts"

Track you calories. Use this calorie calculator to get an idea of how many calories you need for "muscle gainz"

If you are ok to drink milk, it's a great resource for increasing calories if you need that. Drink some *after* each meal (sensible quantities, and drink after not before, so it doesn't make you feel full and prevent eating)

Enjoy...
    Ok , thanks a lot for your answer. Im gonna follow it strictly and trying to gain weight while doing so. The thing is, i know you guys can just eat more and gain some weight while training because i know the majority of people do, but in my case, when i eat in a surplus a day, the next one i will feel completely bloated.
    Its like i have an autorregulation, i dont starve myself at all, i just eat when im hungry thats all.
    For example yesterday i had:

for breakfast 2 scrambled eggs 1 slice of bread with avocado and a milk coffee.
    for lunch like 150g of spaghetti with cheese and bacon and a 10g protein yogurt
    for snack another 10g protein yogurt
    for dinner a 4cheese pizza, +1000kcal with 40g of protein

but then the next day i probably wake up and dont wanna eat anything for breakfast because i really feel like i dont want to. I pretty much end staying in the same weight forever.
    Last edited by xln021; 01-31-2020 at 12:53 PM.

christin101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OldFartTom you shared great tips.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) OldFartTom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    People who suffer from low energy (not due to medical problem) find it very difficult to do more exercise. However if they persist and fight it, doing very gradually increasing (sensible) amounts of exercise after some time they discover that energy generates more energy.

In some cases (*I'm not qualified... this is not medical advice*) people who have eating disorders and really can't eat much find that if they force themselves and persist in gradually increasing the food intake, after some time their appetite picks up and eating become easier and even desired. Eating generates more eating.

I'm not saying that either of these situations above is you, but you can learn from the examples above. If the extreme cases above work, we can use their tactics too.

1) Measure/Baseline where you are now
    2) Don't have some crazy day where you decide you're going to eat huge, because as you mention that means tomorrow will be harder
    3) Accurately and consistently track calories, very boring to do, but very necessary
    4) Work out a plan of what you are going to eat and when -- then *do it*
    5) Very very gradually, slowly increase your daily intake over many weeks
    6) Don't do anything extreme or crazy, avoid junk as sensibly best you can

Then in a few months you'll find your appetite has increased and your lifts are going up
    It will take self control to eat at times when you didn't want to, but it'll work.
    Faith in Jesus first and faith in squats second.
    Then other details will start to slot themselves into place.
    Bodyweight 70kg (25/Feb/2021)