Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100)

Post Muscle building per workout

This is probably a stupid question. But do you get 'gains' (visible or otherwise) per-workout? I read that your muscles start to deteriorate after 2-4 weeks of inactivity and I was wondering if working out once per-week would illicit gains, hypertrophic or strength-wise, or if that would only be good for maintenance.

If I worked out once a week for 2 years, ate slightly higher than my calorie maintenance dose, and got my macros, how much better shape would I be in when that two years was up. Would I have gained much muscle, more strength, or... ?

I don't plan on doing this lmao, I've been a 3 day / week guy for about half a year now and before that I was a 5-6 day a week kinda guy but mostly did cardio. I'm just curious.

Registered User dylanstephens54's Avatar
    dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I notice strength gains every week but physical gains not so much takes more time to notice

Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100) Tahminatah is not very well liked. (-100)
    Interesting. Thanks for the answer

ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ChangeOfStyle has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I don't think you will gain as much by doing a workout once a week (at least to my knowledge). In order to gain mass, you need to critically hit the targeted muscle group at least 2-3 times a week so you can keep strengthening it because it only takes like 24-48 hours for your muscles to fully recover before you can start tearing the micro-fibres to make them grow once again but doing something is better then doing nothing at all so it's all to you bud.
    if you need someone to chat with, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Those who claim success training once a week do so at VERY high intensities, they've already built a foundation after years of more traditional training, they're at an advanced level, and all too often they're using chemicals I would not recommend.

For us mere mortals to do it, it probably wouldn't work so well.

And yes, if you are a beginner you can achieve gains with each workout. That's the basic theory behind most novice programs. Once you reach a certain level, those gains will slow significantly.

So, get 'em while they're hot!
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

bstatic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've made gains working out once a week. I used to only work out three days a week and everyone under the sun would be like, "You're doing what? OMG LOOK AT WHAT THIS FOOL IS DOING! HE ONLY WORK OUT 3 DAYS a week". Then two weeks later they lose 5 lbs of muscle after ending some cycle and become a high pitched angry person again. Consistency is key. I continue to get stronger for up to two months after stopping lifting weights. Everyone is different though.

bstatic is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've made gains working out once a week. I used to only work out three days a week and everyone under the sun would be like, "You're doing what? OMG LOOK AT WHAT THIS FOOL IS DOING! HE ONLY WORK OUT 3 DAYS a week". Then two weeks later they lose 5 lbs of muscle after ending some cycle and become a high pitched angry person again. Consistency is key. I continue to get stronger for up to two months after stopping lifting weights. Everyone is different though.

asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) asrl78 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I'm not sure about per workout, but since I have been doing a beginner full body compound movement dominated program, with small increases in weight if I make the target reps, I am noticing small changes. My body just somehow feels different. I have just found my weight has increased about 7 lbs this year so far, and none of it has gone on my waist, so I would like to believe that at least some of that weight gain is muscle.