BangkokBaller is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cut or Bulk - WITH PICTURES and numbers. Help much appreciated!

Good afternoon all:

HEIGHT: 178cm
    WEIGHT: 89.5kg
    BODY FAT - Approx 20% - 25% (last time I checked 3 months ago 23%)

Last year I trained 5 days a week without fail, first of all following a Max OT programme (4-6 heavy reps), adjusting to 6-8 reps at the end of the year. I ate sufficient protein and ate more than my maintenance calories.

I feel I made quite good progress. I gained strength and went from 80kg to 89kg, but that includes some fat also.

Now I am not sure whether to continue bulking or start cutting. In my mind I was sure to continue clean bulking, but I often read people saying that if you are above 20% body fat then cut down to 15% first. This has confused me.

I have attached pictures of my upper body. Pretty simple question really - Cut or Bulk?

Thanks in advance.

iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cut. You obviously want to gain weight so that you look good. Therefore, get rid of the fat and then work with a clean bulk. I'm confused by how you could be confused by the fact that you're c.20-25% BF. You should try to keep yourself between 10-15% if you want to pile on muscle incrementally whilst still looking good. Otherwise you'll delude yourself like many people (including myself at one point) that you're getting bigger, when in fact fat is taking over.

lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BangkokBaller View Post
    Good afternoon all:

HEIGHT: 178cm
    WEIGHT: 89.5kg
    BODY FAT - Approx 20% - 25% (last time I checked 3 months ago 23%)

Last year I trained 5 days a week without fail, first of all following a Max OT programme (4-6 heavy reps), adjusting to 6-8 reps at the end of the year. I ate sufficient protein and ate more than my maintenance calories.

I feel I made quite good progress. I gained strength and went from 80kg to 89kg, but that includes some fat also.

Now I am not sure whether to continue bulking or start cutting. In my mind I was sure to continue clean bulking, but I often read people saying that if you are above 20% body fat then cut down to 15% first. This has confused me.

I have attached pictures of my upper body. Pretty simple question really - Cut or Bulk?

Thanks in advance.
    don't cut don't bulk only eat what your body needs and lift weights for life and don't eat junk food.

NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500) NikitaHench is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    bulk