SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Good workout routine for beginner?

I have tried a push/pull/legs split on a 6 times a week basis, 3 days on, 1 day off, repeat.

I enjoyed the idea of the programme but I noticed that my workouts were severely compromised, after push day my pull workouts sucked, I felt fatigued and as a result my workouts suffered massively. I feel I am not getting enough time to rest my body with this programme and obviously my progress is taking a hit because of it.

Ideally I would like to do a max of 4/5 days a week in the gym, can someone point me to a good workout programme to a beginner that promotes growth but also allows fair rest times.

Thanks all!

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SBB1 View Post
    I have tried a push/pull/legs split on a 6 times a week basis, 3 days on, 1 day off, repeat.

I enjoyed the idea of the programme but I noticed that my workouts were severely compromised, after push day my pull workouts sucked, I felt fatigued and as a result my workouts suffered massively. I feel I am not getting enough time to rest my body with this programme and obviously my progress is taking a hit because of it.

Ideally I would like to do a max of 4/5 days a week in the gym, can someone point me to a good workout programme to a beginner that promotes growth but also allows fair rest times.

Thanks all!
    What exercises are you doing for your routine? Hopefully not volume deadlifts...

Keep doing your PPL routine but don’t do it so much. You are compromising any gains you might make and just killing yourself. A PPL routine with a day between each workout and 2 days before starting a new week would be optimal.

Also, make sure your diet is in check. Plenty of protein, clean carbs, a calorie surplus (if you aren’t overweight) and most importantly plenty of sleep. Rest is the most important thing to do in order to build muscle. Your body needs more time to repair itself.

SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) SBB1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    What exercises are you doing for your routine? Hopefully not volume deadlifts...

Keep doing your PPL routine but don’t do it so much. You are compromising any gains you might make and just killing yourself. A PPL routine with a day between each workout and 2 days before starting a new week would be optimal.

Also, make sure your diet is in check. Plenty of protein, clean carbs, a calorie surplus (if you aren’t overweight) and most importantly plenty of sleep. Rest is the most important thing to do in order to build muscle. Your body needs more time to repair itself.
    I am doing deadlifts on leg day and I only do relatively low reps. As for the rest of the days it’s just the usual bench press and tricep extension etc on push, pull ups, rows, lat pull downs on pull day.

I always felt slightly fatigued due to the previous workout the day before but lately it is severely effecting my ability to utilise progressive overload, I am struggling to increase weight whilst keeping form due to muscle fatigue.

So would you recommend something like this.

M - Push
    T - Rest
    W - Pull
    T - Rest
    F - Legs
    Sat & Sun - Rest

If so, I read online that I should be looking to workout each muscle twice a week,

Thanks for the advice by the way

christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I am also a beginner please suggest me something as well

Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Mmjk1500 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Grey skull Lp with arms plug is what I wish I would have done.
    We are all self made but only the successful will admit it. -Earl Nightingale

JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100) JuanLee56 is not very well liked. (-100)
    you perform wrong you try this CHEST DAY. WEIGHTS (if you can implement :30 second breaks) Flat Barbell Bench Press, 3 sets of 10. ...
    BACK DAY. Seated Cable Row, 3 sets of 10. ...
    SHOULDER DAY. Seated Dumbbell Military Press, 3 sets of 10. ...
    LEG DAY. Leg Press Machine, 3 sets of 10. ...
    ARMS DAY. Dumbbell Curls, 3 Sets of 10.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Here is a list of proven novice routines (the names are links) plus a brief note. However, before you read through this, know that any of these programs would be an excellent start for any novice trainee.

Novice does not mean newb/noob, novice simply refers to the rate at which you are able to progress. You want to follow novice programming as long as possible, because it has the fastest rate of progress with the least training complexity. Novice applies to those coming back after a layoff just as much as it does to first time lifters. Don’t let the simplicity and relatively low volume fool you, linear progression full body three times per week routines can be grueling when the weight gets heavy. Following any of these as written with proper nutrition will get you places as quickly as any program can.

Fierce 5
    Well rounded routine for novices seeking strength or muscular size written by one of our resident posters/mods. Lots of knowledge about the program within this forum.
    See also https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=162916931

5/3/1 For Beginners
    Well rounded program with a lot of options once you have experience under the bar and learn a thing or two.
    Jim Wendler is a very smart guy with lots of experience as an elite lifter and a coach. Don’t let his hardcore four-letter-word persona fool you, he knows things. 5/3/1 has many templates and many variations to suit virtually any trainee at any stage and with any goal, and is currently one of the most popular and common programs, no matter what forum or federation or group you check with. If you are up for learning more and think you might be in this game for the long haul, I strongly suggest picking up a copy of 5/3/1 Forever https://jimwendler.com/products/5-3-1-forever-book . If you search for info on 5/3/1 you will find it everywhere...but there’s no better source than the book (Wendler’s own forum might come close)

Starting Strength
    Starting Strength

As the name implies, if you are after strength, this might be the best place to start. Author Mark Rippetoe has decades of coaching experience (and was strong himself with competition bench of 396 lbs and squats and deadlfits exceeding 600 lbs). I wrote the FAQ linked above, and answer questions as they arise. There are a couple variations included in that FAQ, including the Advance Novice routine, which saves you from having to do power cleans while still following the program to a T

All Pros
    If you are an aspiring bodybuilder after looks much more than after strength, you may want to start here. all pro is (or was) a forum regular, and he left us this simple routine to help guide novices. There is a lot of knowledge about this routine in this forum as well.

Greyskulls LP
    If you are after strength or are an aspiring powerlifter, this might be the program to start with. More explanation at the provided link.

Training for Strength vs Training for Size
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=175493881

Nutrition is at least as important as your routine. Check Nutrition Forum stickies. Track calories and carbs/fat/protein daily, as well as bodyweight. (www.myfitnesspal.com or www.fitday.com is popular for this) Eat in a daily calorie surplus to build muscle, eat in a daily calorie deficit to lose fat.

Form is critical. The lifts must be performed correctly. The reference book for this is Starting Strength

The best starting point (IMO) to learn about the nuts and bolts of programming…the why…is Practical Programming for Strength Training

Free videos that are excellent can be seen here, use the suggested and related videos suggestion to find more