mattjames1984 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

New guy here, 35yo beginner

You know, when I turned 30 I was gonna try an live my life like the song my next 30 years cause I havent done crap as far as getting myself off my own ass on a consistent basis. I smoke like a fiend, I eat like ****. Im overweight, I'm 35 and can hardly carry my 1 y/o up a flyte of stairs without being out of breath. Anybody ever get a cramp wiping their own ass? Yup that's me.. so 2 days ago a sat here all depressed like I get sometimes thinking about everything I'm doing (which is nothing) and how my clothes dont fit like they did a month ago or how I just dont feel like doing **** about anything because I dont see a point in anything or a way out.

Now I suck at preparing stuff to eat especially good stuff but I know its gotta start there, plus actually moving around and getting excersize. I cant set a goal for myself because I usually never finish anything anyway so I dont set goals anymore cause then I wont have to feel like **** when i let myself down.

I started small yesterday i picked up my phone and downloaded an app for diet and exersize and to my surprise i actually worked out a bit and completed it.. then i went to the store and grabbed ingredients for a healthy bean salad that made and eat in between meals when I'm hungry.

Today is day number 2 which was a rest day but I did some stretching, some stair walking and 3 sets of as many sit ups as I could do, will go for a walk later too.

I might not be eating everything exactly the way I should or at the right time but atleast its healthy stuff and I'm semi proud of myself

So after all that "hi, I'm matt and I wanna change my life" by the way I'm 5'6 and 220lbs

jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi mate, keep it up and I am sure you will get better at everything as you go along.

Thanks jstar

So I kinda made up a routein for myself for a home workout for the first 2 weeks.

-Start with doing up and down my flyte of stairs 5 times to warm up.
    -Stretches after that
    -20 jumping Jack's right into 10 pushups ×3
    - 8 squats ×3
    - cool off is 5 more times up and down the stairs
    This will be 3 days a week with cardio days in between and on week 2 the reps will increase

All this is being done with no weights, I figure I'll add those on week 3 and 4

And ofcourse eating as healthy as I can. Oatmeal, grilled chicken salad, bean salad. More grilled chicken chicken

iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keep going. Don't stop. You're holding your 1 year old right now. RETAIN consistency so that you can carry your kid's kid in the future.

I'll be very honest. It's great that you've changed up your diet. BUT have you done the basics; this includes cutting ALL unhealthy snacks and sugar based drinks? You'll be so so surprised how much this actually contributes towards fat gain.

lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) lwxcodein has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by mattjames1984 View Post
    You know, when I turned 30 I was gonna try an live my life like the song my next 30 years cause I havent done crap as far as getting myself off my own ass on a consistent basis. I smoke like a fiend, I eat like ****. Im overweight, I'm 35 and can hardly carry my 1 y/o up a flyte of stairs without being out of breath. Anybody ever get a cramp wiping their own ass? Yup that's me.. so 2 days ago a sat here all depressed like I get sometimes thinking about everything I'm doing (which is nothing) and how my clothes dont fit like they did a month ago or how I just dont feel like doing **** about anything because I dont see a point in anything or a way out.

Now I suck at preparing stuff to eat especially good stuff but I know its gotta start there, plus actually moving around and getting excersize. I cant set a goal for myself because I usually never finish anything anyway so I dont set goals anymore cause then I wont have to feel like **** when i let myself down.

I started small yesterday i picked up my phone and downloaded an app for diet and exersize and to my surprise i actually worked out a bit and completed it.. then i went to the store and grabbed ingredients for a healthy bean salad that made and eat in between meals when I'm hungry.

Today is day number 2 which was a rest day but I did some stretching, some stair walking and 3 sets of as many sit ups as I could do, will go for a walk later too.

I might not be eating everything exactly the way I should or at the right time but atleast its healthy stuff and I'm semi proud of myself

So after all that "hi, I'm matt and I wanna change my life" by the way I'm 5'6 and 220lbs
    eat rice (easy to cook) and beans (you can freeze for the week) and eggs that's what you need to eat healthy and avoid junk food