benchill is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Massage Gun Recommendations??

Hi, hope this is the right forum to ask, but besides the Theragun and the Hypervolt (and a homemade jigsaw), has anyone tried a massage gun that they really like? Looking for something to assist recovery. Thanks in advance.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah, alternatives I'm not sure about.... but the Hypervolt works well..... I didn't want to risk a jigsaw blade breaking off.... and didn't see much point in wasting a good milwaukee tool as a massage gun. I do like the different heads as well. Mind you, it's not a cure all device, but it works well for me.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    My wife bought a super-cheap knock-off 1 for my teenaged son & it actually works surprisingly well and feels good. As for how long it lasts, we'll see about that.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I have one that i used for years called the "Thumper" just like my chiropractor used.
    Recently got one of the hyper volt knock offs and like it much better.
    From what i understand these are made at the same factor they just don't have the name hyper volt on the devise.
    Worth it IMO and you can get one for around $120 dollars.

boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500) boxer_for_life is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by rpark View Post
    Yeah, alternatives I'm not sure about.... but the Hypervolt works well..... I didn't want to risk a jigsaw blade breaking off.... and didn't see much point in wasting a good milwaukee tool as a massage gun. I do like the different heads as well. Mind you, it's not a cure all device, but it works well for me.
    I did just that with a brand new Milwaukee jigsaw. A couple of minutes out the box and I had the tool in pieces to remove the adjustable shoe. I bought one of those percussion massage adapter kits off eBay that took 2 weeks to arrive from China IIRC. $100 all-in considering I got the jigsaw for around $85 new. The variable speed trigger is so good. Only negative is that it's loud, but we always have the music blasting and a huge warehouse fan going in the summer time so noise is a non-issue to me.

Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bench905 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'll put my two cents in here as I currently own 3 separate units:
    1. Hyperice Hypervolt
    2. Milwaukee M12 Jigsaw with Mobility Bit
    3. Knockoff Hypervolt

They all have their advantages and disadvantages.

A jigsaw plus mobility bit (or DIY bit) is usually the cheapest route if you already own a jigsaw.
    - Upsides: Power (generally more power than dedicated massager), price (if you already own a jigsaw)
    - Downsides: Noise (much louder), some units have triggers with no trigger locks which mean that you will have difficulty self-massaging certain areas while holding a trigger, harder to lock in certain speed depressing a trigger, have to remove parts to function better as massager than traditional jigsaw (I had to remove a plastic guard and some other part)

Hyperice Hypervolt
    - Upsides: Decent power (between knockoff and M12), trusted brand, relatively quiet, speed settings set by button
    - Downsides: Price (most expensive option), still not that quiet compared to knockoff, 3 speeds vs. 6 of knockoff

Knockoff Hypervolt
    - Upsides: Price (you can find them for $50-100 now), quiet (it's definitely quieter than my hypervolt and WAY quieter than the jigsaw), speed settings set by button, 6 speeds
    - Downsides: Least power, Up and down movement of jigsaw is not nearly the depth of the jigsaw or hypervolt, undetermined reliability

If I had just bought the knockoff, I would probably not know any better and would keep it. But having the two other options, the knockoff really lacks power. It does go up and down, but not nearly to the degree of the other two. It's more vibrating with some up and down.
    But having the other two, I'm keeping the Hypervolt.

Originally Posted by boxer_for_life View Post
    The variable speed trigger is so good.
    Disagree. I don't think these units should have triggers on them at all, especially if you are using them for personal use. If you have to hold the trigger and hit your own pec or shoulder, it puts you into a very uncomfortable wrist position unless you reverse it up and use your thumb on the trigger. Ideally, the unit should be able to stay on without any trigger manipulation - i.e. hit a button to get it to a certain power and then it stays on. That's one of the reasons I much prefer a dedicated massage unit to my M12 jigsaw + bit.
    Last edited by Bench905; 01-30-2020 at 08:06 AM.
    Garage Gym Owner

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Garage Rat View Post
    I have one that i used for years called the "Thumper" just like my chiropractor used.
    Recently got one of the hyper volt knock offs and like it much better.
    From what i understand these are made at the same factor they just don't have the name hyper volt on the devise.
    Worth it IMO and you can get one for around $120 dollars.
    Do you know what the knockoff brand you got was?

avacarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was once a licensed massage therapist and already owned quite a few massage guns. The bob and brad is pro the best (and a fraction of the cost). I've had the theragun, hypervolt, kraft, etc. I held off on buying these when they first became a thing because I didn't think it was that useful and boy was I wrong. The percussive therapy increases blood flow to the area, improves range of motion, gets rid of lactic acid build up in the site, and essentially aids in overriding pain signals to the brain.

BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BiGx5MurF is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    My wife bought 3 of these, we gave one to each of my parents. We've been using ours almost daily for almost a year. They're all still working far as we know. I love it, let's me squat so much more often, long as I use it on my inner thighs after squat days.

https://www.amazon.com/FITINDEX-Perc.../dp/B07Z53123L

Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Steinway53 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    This is King of the Mountain, everything else pales in comparison. I almost bought one years ago when they were $1800. Then all of a sudden people realized how good they were and they shot up in price.

It's intense but worth it. Around eight years ago, I think it was 4 or 5 30 minute sessions at $40 a pop at a therapist's office in Santa Monica cleared up a bad sciatica problem I had related to running.

https://www.balkowitsch.com/producti...ctdetails.aspx

https://healthvibed.com/dms-deep-mus...ssager-review/
    https://soundcloud.com/dave-ferris

Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000) Corbets is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I know you said “besides” the Theragun, but I’ve had mine for about two months now and I have to say that it’s pretty darned good. I haven’t compared to any others, but I have zero complaints about it.

The app it comes with, on the other hand, kind of sucks. ;P
    My home gym: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1623181551&viewfull=1#post1623181551

My Strava profile: https://www.strava.com/athletes/3015113

Brvvvve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I would say I love my Urikar AT1 and Pro 3 Massage Gun. And they are enough for my daily relief. I highly recommend Urikar AT1 Massage Gun. It is intelligent, well-built, solid, powerful and quiet. When I inset one massage head, Urikar AT1 will recognize and show it on its intelligent dashboard. Its dashboard can instruct me and tell me which body parts to massage when I use one certain massage head. Besides, it will also adapt the perfect speed for me. This device is pretty awesome for a newbie like me. Till now I love it very much.
    Last edited by Brvvvve; 05-18-2021 at 06:45 PM. Reason: I would love to make my comment more detailed for those considering to buy one massage gun.

Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100) Soniyaa is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by benchill View Post
    Hi, hope this is the right forum to ask, but besides the Theragun and the Hypervolt (and a homemade jigsaw), has anyone tried a massage gun that they really like? Looking for something to assist recovery. Thanks in advance.
    Breo Massage Gun is the best if you are looking for something affordable and effective. I have used it and it is best to relax muscles and get relief from pain. you can see complete features at breocare.com

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Old thread but I see Costco has them now. Might be worth checking out for anyone interested.

https://www.costco.com/massage-accessories.html

No idea if the ones they carry are good. Not something I'm into

DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100) DutchB1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    We have purchased two on Amazon that were will under $100. Flow is one brand. Work great and have held up. Noise can be a factor for some.

annahuge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I did a lot of research and compared with many options including the top brands Theragun and hypervolt. The bob and brad came up too because of its value - light weight, has many attachment options, good battery life, a case, and affordable price. This is perfect for me since I just need some light muscle relaxation from having a desk job. Definitely not worth getting the super overpriced ones that don’t even have all these features

mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100) mattpobrien4 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Yes, there are other popular massage guns that people like, including:

TimTam Power Massager, Opove M3 Pro, Nekteck Shiatsu Deep Tissue Massager, ExoGun Pro, TheraGun G3PRO
    These are just a few examples, and there are many other options available. It's always best to do research and read reviews before making a purchase to ensure it fits your needs.