Tonii47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question New program analysis

Hello boyz, me again 😂.
    Just wanted to know what are the toughts on my new program. I have less than 1 year of lifting experience so I hope that this will work. My main goal is to hit the selected number of reps and sets with same weight and then i add weight and I will try to hit the number of reps again with more weight.

The program is upper/lower split and goes like this:

Upper 1:
    Bench 4 x 8
    Barbell row 4 x 8
    Military press 3 x 10
    Pullups/lat pulldown 3 x 10
    Incline db press 3 x 10
    One arm db row 3 x 10
    Face pull 3 x 10
    Straight arm pulldown 3 x 10
    Close bench 4 x 8
    Preacher curl 3 x 10
    Incline db curl 3 x 10
    Triceps dips 3 x 10

Lower 1:
    Squat 4 x 8
    Deadlift 3 x 8
    Romanian deadlift 3 x 8
    Front squat 3 x 8
    Leg curl 3 x 10
    Single leg press 3 x 12
    Calves 3 x 16
    10 minutes of ab work

Upper 2:
    Bench 4 x 8
    Barbell row 4 x 8
    Military press 3 x 10
    Lat pulldown/pullups 3 x 10
    Lateral raise 3 x 10
    Shrugs 3 x 12
    Ez bar curl 3 x 10
    Triceps cable pulldown 3 x 10
    Hammer curl 3 x 12
    Overhead cable extension 3 x 12

Lower 2:
    Back squat 4 x 8
    Romanian DL 3 x 8
    Leg press 3 x 10
    Leg curl 3 x 12
    Leg extension 3 x 12
    Calves 3 x 16
    10 minutes of ab work

I am 17 yrs old and around 141 lbs. My max bench is 150 lbs, squat 133(my squat is bad because i started doing only a week ago) and deadlift 200 lbs.

paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paulinkansas is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Seems like too much volume i.m.o. (but I'm old enough to be your grandfather). What is your progression?

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TolerantLactose is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    So much duplication with the isolations...
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Prob too much volume for you. If you're going to do it, drop some of last exercises on Upper Day 1 and Day 2, and get rid of Romanian DL on Lower Day 1 - and maybe drop a quad exercise from each lower day.

Originally Posted by paulinkansas View Post
    Seems like too much volume i.m.o. (but I'm old enough to be your grandfather). What is your progression?
    I recently started following this program. Before i was doing what i wanted in the gym and never tracked any sets or reps. I decided that needs to stop so i made this program which i have been following for a week now. I just wanted to see some opinions if i need to change something.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Prob too much volume for you. If you're going to do it, drop some of last exercises on Upper Day 1 and Day 2, and get rid of Romanian DL on Lower Day 1 - and maybe drop a quad exercise from each lower day.
    Yeah i was thinking about taking out 1 quad exercise but with the upper volume i was even thinking to add an aditional arm day to my upper/lower routine so that would be 5 days of training then. My weak points are my arms and lats so i thought that i need more volume for them.

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Tonii47 View Post
    Yeah i was thinking about taking out 1 quad exercise but with the upper volume i was even thinking to add an aditional arm day to my upper/lower routine so that would be 5 days of training then. My weak points are my arms and lats so i thought that i need more volume for them.
    As ppl said above and in your last post, you'll do better with less volume esp since you've worked out for a year without any structure. Your weak points are likely your entire body. But it's your workout, so add the extra volume day if that's what you feel is best.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    As ppl said above and in your last post, you'll do better with less volume esp since you've worked out for a year without any structure. Your weak points are likely your entire body. But it's your workout, so add the extra volume day if that's what you feel is best.
    Ok then thanks for suggestions. I will not do any extra volume and im gonna stick to this program and eliminate one exercise for quads. Maybe even for biceps and triceps im gonna see how the progress goes