Thread: Ammonia Sweat

rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Ammonia Sweat

So I’ve started running for the last few weeks and I’m getting the ammonia sweat thing going on after every run.

I’ve had this in the past on and off, but not every day.

I run in the morning on an empty stomach.

I eat healthy. I don’t measure macros, but I eat lean protein and whole vegetables, beans, and a grain (quinoa, brown rice, couscous) for pretty much every meal. I feel like I drink enough water. I drink 3 glasses of wine per night.

I don’t lift weights right now. Just the running and beginner yoga.

I do understand the body breaking down protein into nitrogen into urea or ammonia part and that a high protein/low carb diet is usually the culprit for this.

My blood work is good. A CT of my liver was negative (had a ct for another issue).

I’m not sure what’s going on...

I’m thinking maybe starting some weights might force my body into not burning protein or maybe a handful of peanuts before my run?

BTW, my goals right now are just getting health and slimming down. 6ft 196 lbs with a small gut.
    In the words of Julius Caesar: "War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished."

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You know that exercising in a fasted state does not burn extra fat? Assuming that you are comparing to another diet with equal calories - but with a meal before training.

3 glasses every night is a lot of alcohol, definitely cut back on that. Put the calories in the morning before your run.

If you are trying to lose weight, you should certainly do weight training otherwise you risk muscle loss and all the downsides associated with that. Such as your shape not improving, just shrinking, downrated metabolism, rebound fat gain etc.

rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10) rood_boi is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You know that exercising in a fasted state does not burn extra fat? Assuming that you are comparing to another diet with equal calories - but with a meal before training.

3 glasses every night is a lot of alcohol, definitely cut back on that. Put the calories in the morning before your run.

If you are trying to lose weight, you should certainly do weight training otherwise you risk muscle loss and all the downsides associated with that. Such as your shape not improving, just shrinking, downrated metabolism, rebound fat gain etc.
    Yeah, I just prefer to do cardio when I first get up on an empty stomach. You think a handful of peanuts will do the trick? 170 calories without a bunch of matter sloshing around white I run
    In the words of Julius Caesar: "War gives the right of the conquerors to impose any conditions they please upon the vanquished."

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Try a banana. If you think that the body burning protein is the issue then give it carbs which is a preferential fuel source.