HogToFit is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Started lifting and losing weight 3 months ago

I have cut my calories and began lifting

I have got stronger while losing weight
    I started at 290 now 260-258
    I’m trying not to decrease the calories to low so I don’t hurt my metabolism
    17 btw
    I’m looking at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet/ temporary
    I hit each body part at least once a week

My lifts are
    225x3 bench
    225x8 on squat

jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000) jstarcarr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Hi and welcome. Try carb cycling to keep your metabolism going, I find it works really well.

Registered User dylanstephens54's Avatar
    dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by HogToFit View Post
    I have cut my calories and began lifting

I have got stronger while losing weight
    I started at 290 now 260-258
    I’m trying not to decrease the calories to low so I don’t hurt my metabolism
    17 btw
    I’m looking at it as a lifestyle change and not a diet/ temporary

My lifts are
    225x3 bench
    225x8 on squat
    Yeah nah

Change your diet

Originally Posted by dylanstephens54 View Post
    Yeah nah

Change your diet
    Wym? I keep protein high and cutting on 1800 calories at 6’3
    All lean meats good carbs

Originally Posted by jstarcarr View Post
    Hi and welcome. Try carb cycling to keep your metabolism going, I find it works really well.
    Thanks I’ll look into it

iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iRaii has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You're looking at it the right way already. As a lifestyle, rather than a diet. You're 17, so your metabolism is going to do a lot of the work. Don't worry too much about your diet aside from keeping fat controlled, carbs before workout (and careful with them before sleep), whilst ensuring you're hitting your protein. You don't really want to mess around with low fats (manipulates homeostasis) and low carbs (energy levels). Instead, I would highly suggest changing your training program. You mentioned you hit each body part once a week; this probably means that you're following a "bro split" (Mon - Chest, Tues - Shoulders, Wed - ...). I would possibly suggest training full body 3 days a week and incorporating cardio 2 days a week.