Bmuir40 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Indefinate Personal Training?

Hello,

I am a member of a large chain gym, and I have had a personal trainer there since December (about 60 days now). At the start, I was about 100 pounds overweight. With her help (2x a week), I have lost significant weight (about 25 pounds so far), and she's better then other trainer's I've had in the past years.

I renewed for another batch of sessions, as I still have more weight loss to go. If I reduce to 1 session per week, I can afford to this Personal Training almost indefinitely.

I guess my questions is, is it common to retain a personal trainer long term? I don't pay for more than 8 sessions at a time, in case things deteriorate or she stops becoming effective. Or what is a typical duration of personal trainer & client relationship?

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Corporate gym sessions prices

Originally Posted by Bmuir40 View Post
    Hello,

I am a member of a large chain gym, and I have had a personal trainer there since December (about 60 days now). At the start, I was about 100 pounds overweight. With her help (2x a week), I have lost significant weight (about 25 pounds so far), and she's better then other trainer's I've had in the past years.

I renewed for another batch of sessions, as I still have more weight loss to go. If I reduce to 1 session per week, I can afford to this Personal Training almost indefinitely.

I guess my questions is, is it common to retain a personal trainer long term? I don't pay for more than 8 sessions at a time, in case things deteriorate or she stops becoming effective. Or what is a typical duration of personal trainer & client relationship?
    Usually people will pay 50-60 an hour for a personal trainer. If you buy more sessions, it usually is cheaper because usually people don't stick to more than 8-12 sessions which would be 2-3 sessions per week for a month.
    However, this is how business works. Similar to how if you buy two shirts a store may give you a discount on one of them to make it seem like you are saving money. Some people will hire a trainer for 6 months or a year depending on what they are setting out to achieve. Usually, the people that I have coached have been clients for one month to as long as a year. Once they reach there goal, then my job is done. lol But on average the people who want to reach their goal within 3-6 months depending on how much muscle they want to gain or fat they want to lose.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

Cornf1ake is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Bmuir40 View Post
    Hello,

I can say I have been using PT's for coming up on 4 years. I was with my first, and best PT for 3 years 9 months and she left on maternity leave(not sure if she is coming back). She did spoil me with multiple check-in's daily and such but she knew that I was paying more for accountability than training. The trainer I have now tells me often, you(I) don't need a trainer. And I reply yes I do, or I would not go. So depending what you want to do, for me it is accountability. And like it was mentioned, the longer you sign, usually the bigger the discount you get. But like you said, then your locked in and the gym I belong to modified their contracts so if the gym pauses due to say, a pandemic, so does your contract.