jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jonjonx5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Help with Routine

Hey guys anyone here that can recommend a routine that incorporates Olympic movements along with a hypertrophy/bodybuilding approach?

Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10) Robertcw3rd is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by jonjonx5 View Post
    Hey guys anyone here that can recommend a routine that incorporates Olympic movements along with a hypertrophy/bodybuilding approach?
    Well I got off to a bad start here due to unpopular opinions in the nutrition section, but I have incorporated olympic style lifts in my routine since my varsity athlete days.

I do cleans, Romanian deadlifts and squats in my workout. Along with bench press.

And that's about all I do, aside from lat pulldowns, pullups and gymnast style bodyweight rows on parallel bars.

You can set it up in a push/pull split.

So, for example:

Day 1:

3x8 benchpress
    3x8 lat pulldowns
    3x8 power cleans
    3x8 squats

Day 2:

Rest, or:

3x8 Bodyweight Rows
    3x8 Seal pushups
    3x8 or 3 sets to failure wide grip pullups.
    2x3 Narrow grip pull-up and shoulder grip pull-up
    3x15 dumbbell CalfRaises
    3x8 handstand pushups, or bodyweight vertical pushups off of a box or elevated platform (bed mattress, table, chair whatever works).
    3x8 Romanian barbell deadlifts
    3x8 barbell shrugs

Day 3:

40 second Boat Pose
    20 second rest
    40 second superman pose
    Seal stretch

40 second rocking boat pose
    20 second rest
    40 second rocking superman pose
    seal stretch
    Repeat the rocking boat and superman sets one time for two total sets of this.

3x25 second l-sits or until failure
    3x25 second full planches or planche progressions

3x30 second pullup bar hangs engaging upper back and rear shoulders OR if you can 3x4-6 bar muscle ups OR something on rings, like ring muscle ups, ring pull-ups, ring dips or ring l-sits.

That's it.

Repeat the workout with rest as needed. Works for me.

As far as weight, I go light enough so that by the end of the 8th rep on the third set I struggle. I typically will struggle between rep 6-8 on each set.

So it will be relatively light weight at first, but then it will start to get easier over time. When it all gets too easy I swap the plates for the next heavier weight in the gym.

So I'll do my lifts with just a pair of 25's for a while until it's too easy. Then I'll take those off and put on a pair of 35's. And so on.

The bodyweight stuff I leave alone. I track strength improvements by how much easier bodyweight exercises become over time. Same goes for the barbell lifts. Size should start increasing in week one and increase linearly with strength increases.

If size decreases, I find strength decreases linearly with size.

Only downside I find with this is that I can lose size very quickly if I accidentally run a calorie deficit for a few days. It can be frustrating and unpleasant to have to go backwards to lighter wights and start the process over.
    Last edited by Robertcw3rd; 02-05-2020 at 12:23 PM.