BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Endomorph, hypothyroidism, trying to lose body fat

Hi guys,

I really really need advice. I am really frustrated and my self-esteem is -1. I recently had my thyroid killed, I was hyperthyroid and had to do radiation to become hypothyroid for health reasons. Since March 2019, I gained 20lbs of body fat. Originally I was 140lbs, now I am 160lbs.

I have been trying everything recently to shed the weight including sticking to simple, non/limited processed foods. I can tell you 65% of what I have been trying to eat daily is raw vegetables. I've tried counting calories and I am back to gaining and gaining and gaining.
    10 years ago I would gain 2lbs a month until I was 210lbs, even on a restricted diet. I have poor genetics ad I am told.

My boyfriend wants me to do P90x for 12 weeks to try to help me lose weight. I am afraid I am going to do more damage and gain more as that is what always has happened all my life.

I need to know what I can do to lose 20lbs by Summer. I have my thyroid under control and I do take synthroid daily as well as a birth control. Yes, I have done macros and have gained weight that way too. I feel the only way I can be under 180lbs if I do 6 hrs of steady cardio daily. That is how I lost weight to begin with as well as my sanity some days.

My self esteem is -1. I don't even feel good enough to want to go out or go on a date or do anything. I hate how I have to buy new nice clothes cause of the weight gain. I am also a former smoker and everybody tells me I am going to gain another 20-30lbs just by quitting alone.

I am also an endomorph which everybody tells me that I have to work 5x harder than an average person and I have to be on a very restricted diet. Can't even have a slice of bread or a sprinkle of cheese. No sugars or processed anything. I have to forget about eating out on future dates for rest of my life. I was told 1 day of eating out can sabotage everything.

No, I cannot afford to go on Paleo/Keto diets.

InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50) InspectahDeck will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BlueSystem200 View Post
    Hi guys,

I really really need advice. I am really frustrated and my self-esteem is -1. I recently had my thyroid killed, I was hyperthyroid and had to do radiation to become hypothyroid for health reasons. Since March 2019, I gained 20lbs of body fat. Originally I was 140lbs, now I am 160lbs.

I have been trying everything recently to shed the weight including sticking to simple, non/limited processed foods. I can tell you 65% of what I have been trying to eat daily is raw vegetables. I've tried counting calories and I am back to gaining and gaining and gaining.
    10 years ago I would gain 2lbs a month until I was 210lbs, even on a restricted diet. I have poor genetics ad I am told.

My boyfriend wants me to do P90x for 12 weeks to try to help me lose weight. I am afraid I am going to do more damage and gain more as that is what always has happened all my life.

I need to know what I can do to lose 20lbs by Summer. I have my thyroid under control and I do take synthroid daily as well as a birth control. Yes, I have done macros and have gained weight that way too. I feel the only way I can be under 180lbs if I do 6 hrs of steady cardio daily. That is how I lost weight to begin with as well as my sanity some days.

My self esteem is -1. I don't even feel good enough to want to go out or go on a date or do anything. I hate how I have to buy new nice clothes cause of the weight gain. I am also a former smoker and everybody tells me I am going to gain another 20-30lbs just by quitting alone.

I am also an endomorph which everybody tells me that I have to work 5x harder than an average person and I have to be on a very restricted diet. Can't even have a slice of bread or a sprinkle of cheese. No sugars or processed anything. I have to forget about eating out on future dates for rest of my life. I was told 1 day of eating out can sabotage everything.

No, I cannot afford to go on Paleo/Keto diets.
    Have you looked into supplementing with iodine? Low iodine levels is common with hypothyroidism and can be of help. Would talk with your doctor prior to proceeding but it's worth looking into as this could be a major contributor

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It doesn't matter how low your thyroid is at the end of the day the only way you can lose weight is being in caloric deficit.

May it be harder likely but then you will have to simply eat less and move more.

I wish there was another solution but I am afraid that is how fat storage works it is an excess of energy intake (aka food) therefore to lose it you have to be in a negative energy state (caloric deficit).

Try counting calories again, weight all food/ drink sources then deduct 500 calories from this number if no weight loss after 2-3 weeks drop calories again.

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    It doesn't matter how low your thyroid is at the end of the day the only way you can lose weight is being in caloric deficit.

May it be harder likely but then you will have to simply eat less and move more.

I wish there was another solution but I am afraid that is how fat storage works it is an excess of energy intake (aka food) therefore to lose it you have to be in a negative energy state (caloric deficit).

Try counting calories again, weight all food/ drink sources then deduct 500 calories from this number if no weight loss after 2-3 weeks drop calories again.
    this 6 hours of cardio a day is not the solution or really do able if you work
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10) BlueSystem200 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by InspectahDeck View Post
    Have you looked into supplementing with iodine? Low iodine levels is common with hypothyroidism and can be of help. Would talk with your doctor prior to proceeding but it's worth looking into as this could be a major contributor
    I asked my doctor. Not recommended in my case for now

I will add, when I was on the low iodine diet for radiation, I dropped weight really quick. 15lbs in 30 days. Downside is I am not allowed to have salt. Imagine eating steak without even a pinch of salt. Sea salt is not allowed either.
    90% of foods in a grocery store is forbidden.

I've tried the calorie deficit with exercise. The counting 1200 calories. I'm not sure if this is right, by the time I hit lunch, I only have 400 or less left and I am hungry all the time. I've even had it where I get dizzy spells and empty stomach grimbles from not eating enough. All drinking water does is give me that empty stomach feeling with a loud case of grumbles. Any advice to make this stop?

Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    this 6 hours of cardio a day is not the solution or really do able if you work
    Basically it was school. Speedwalk home from school 45-1hr, get dressed and work at martial arts school, then 2 hrs back to back classes, then go home, get ride to gym, 3 hrs on elliptical.
    Last edited by BlueSystem200; 01-27-2020 at 05:44 AM. Reason: Replying to all

Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a friend with a similar issue. He thought his thyroid is making him gain weight. Once he really started paying attention to his food and counting calories using a scale for EVERYTHING, well..guess what happened. Its easy to count calories incorrectly...

Also, get a second opinion from another doctor as soon as possible. Oh, I am also having problems with my thyroid and weight loss math still works for me.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've tried the calorie deficit with exercise. The counting 1200 calories. I'm not sure if this is right, by the time I hit lunch, I only have 400 or less left and I am hungry all the time. I've even had it where I get dizzy spells and empty stomach grimbles from not eating enough. All drinking water does is give me that empty stomach feeling with a loud case of grumbles. Any advice to make this stop?
    I can understand it must be frustrating and I am afraid it won't be easy. I would first speak to your medical professional for treatment as I believe hormone treatment of Levothyroxine is utilised with individuals with hypothyroidism.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/undera...ism/treatment/

This in itself may help balance your thyroxine levels (the cause of hypothyroidism) as an hormonal replacement. But then again the only way you can lose weight is through your diet. Having hypothyroidism generally means you have a lower basal metabolic rate then the average person but it doesn't out weigh the effects of reducing calories as simply it can't.

Therefore you may be to adopt some strategies to help with your rather extreme caloric levels therefore some options may help you these include:-

- Try forms of fasting in order to control hunger 16:8 or even one meal a day if you really can't lose weight and your hunger cues are troublesome.

- Eat meals containing only lean meats, veg, fruit and fibres

- Ensure you weigh all foods

- If you really are only 1200 calories you need to be very tight with your intake so limit it to all whole foods and ensure veg/ fruit is your main source.

- Add in exercise to cause the deficit further. From my reading it is best for hypothyroidism sufferers to incorporate a mixture of both resistant and cardio exercise as well as a caloric deficit.

Also here is a list of foods that are high in the satiety index (make you feel full) incorporate them where you can.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...-filling-foods

Hope this offers some help.

I can understand it must be frustrating and I am afraid it won't be easy. I would first speak to your medical professional for treatment as I believe hormone treatment of Levothyroxine is utilised with individuals with hypothyroidism.

This in itself may help balance your thyroxine levels (the cause of hypothyroidism) as an hormonal replacement. But then again the only way you can lose weight is through your diet. Having hypothyroidism generally means you have a lower basal metabolic rate then the average person but it doesn't out weigh the effects of reducing calories as simply it can't.

Therefore you may be to adopt some strategies to help with your rather extreme caloric levels therefore some options may help you these include:-

- Try forms of fasting in order to control hunger 16:8 or even one meal a day if you really can't lose weight and your hunger cues are troublesome.

- Eat meals containing only lean meats, veg, fruit and fibres

- Ensure you weigh all foods

- If you really are only 1200 calories you need to be very tight with your intake so limit it to all whole foods and ensure veg/ fruit is your main source.

- Add in exercise to cause the deficit further. From my reading it is best for hypothyroidism sufferers to incorporate a mixture of both resistant and cardio exercise as well as a caloric deficit.

Also here is a list of foods that are high in the satiety index (make you feel full) incorporate them where you can.

Hope this offers some help.
    I am on Synthroid and have monthly blood tests to check my levels. I am on 88mcg M-Thurs and Friday-Sund on 75mcg. I do fast in the mornings because of my medication and I find myself not eating past 8pm because I am so exhausted unless I did not eat most of day due to work, to which I limit to a small snack.

I do have a scale, I can stick to 6oz protein daily and just eating vegetables all day. I limit fruit as I do not like sweet things. I prefer to eat radishes over strawberries.

When it comes to fitness. My boyfriends wants me to do P90x with him for 12 weeks. Thoughts?

shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10) shmanks is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have hashimoto’s diseases and am at a higher dose of synthroid than you. My body is slowly killing my thyroid and I have to get blood work done every few months to monitor my levels and have had to increase my dose several times.

But with that being said you are definitely not eating what you are saying...for someone that is 160 pounds and only eating 1400 calories you should be losing a minimum of 1 pound a week at the very least. This whole body type is complete bull as well, you have led a life of neglecting your body, you can’t blame that on anything but yourself. I could tell you I have the same body type being 192 pounds in June and now down to 169. I was always flabby and didn’t diet properly or exercise and now I am in the best shape of my life just from exercising and finally counting calories and weighing and logging my food at a 500 calorie deficit since mid October.

Weigh everything you eat and log it and do it for a week I guarantee with exercise you will start losing weight only if you do it properly

I am on Synthroid and have monthly blood tests to check my levels. I am on 88mcg M-Thurs and Friday-Sund on 75mcg. I do fast in the mornings because of my medication and I find myself not eating past 8pm because I am so exhausted unless I did not eat most of day due to work, to which I limit to a small snack.

I do have a scale, I can stick to 6oz protein daily and just eating vegetables all day. I limit fruit as I do not like sweet things. I prefer to eat radishes over strawberries.

When it comes to fitness. My boyfriends wants me to do P90x with him for 12 weeks. Thoughts?
    The P90x wont cause any harm and any exercise will cause extra calories burnt but will it cause a miracle in weight change no. Nutrition and calories are the key to weight loss, exercise can help but you can't out exercise too many calories it simply wont work.

So if you want to do it for health benefits and the extra calories burnt go ahead (I personally don't recommend any set commercial paid programs as you don't need to spend anything to lose weight).

Its a balancing act exercise helps but you will need to focus on your food intake everyday, weighing everything, no meals out, or anything which may add calories if that is controlled you will lose weight.

The P90x wont cause any harm and any exercise will cause extra calories burnt but will it cause a miracle in weight change no. Nutrition and calories are the key to weight loss, exercise can help but you can't out exercise too many calories it simply wont work.

So if you want to do it for health benefits and the extra calories burnt go ahead (I personally don't recommend any set commercial paid programs as you don't need to spend anything to lose weight).

Its a balancing act exercise helps but you will need to focus on your food intake everyday, weighing everything, no meals out, or anything which may add calories if that is controlled you will lose weight.
    How do I make sure I do not go into starvation mode? How will I know my body thinks it is starving and hold on to every ounce of water and body fat.

Fyi. I drank about 5 16oz bottles of water today and I am still thirsty as hell. My thirst will not go away. I'm trying.

I can also tell my boyfriend not to bother with Valentine's day. Hey he can save money by not taking me out to dinner anymore!
    Last edited by BlueSystem200; 01-27-2020 at 01:55 PM.

How do I make sure I do not go into starvation mode? How will I know my body thinks it is starving and hold on to every ounce of water and body fat.

Fyi. I drank about 5 16oz bottles of water today and I am still thirsty as hell. My thirst will not go away. I'm trying.
    You don't have to worry starvation mode it doesn't exist. Think of people who are Africa in famine they don't go in to starvation mode they just lose weight until they are skin and bones therefore someone like you and me are very very unlikely to experience true starvation.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You don't have to worry starvation mode it doesn't exist. Think of people who are Africa in famine they don't go in to starvation mode they just lose weight until they are skin and bones therefore someone like you and me are very very unlikely to experience true starvation.
    Yep, this. However, there is such a thing as metabolic slowdown, where your body reacts to your reduced caloric intake by reducing your NEAT (fidgeting etc) which can reduce your TDEE to a degree. When that occurs you can accept a slower rate of weight loss or dial back the calories further.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181179323&p=1658333353#post1658333353

Height: 185cm (6'1")
    Weight: 79.3kg (175lb)

Personal best lifts
    Bench - 6 x 65kg (143lb), 8 x 62.5kg (138lb)
    Bent Over Row - 10 x 70kg (154lb)
    Front squat - 5 x 67.5kg (149lb)
    Back squat - 1 x 95kg (209lb), 8 x 77.5kg (171lb)
    RDL - 9 x 87.5kg (193lb)
    Deadlift - 6 x 107.5kg (237lb)
    Overhead Press - 6 x 40kg (88lb)
    Chin Ups - 7 x bodyweight + 12.5kg (27.5lb), 14 x b.weight

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    Yep, this. However, there is such a thing as metabolic slowdown, where your body reacts to your reduced caloric intake by reducing your NEAT (fidgeting etc) which can reduce your TDEE to a degree. When that occurs you can accept a slower rate of weight loss or dial back the calories further.

Yeah, last night I only had 800 calories. I ended up calling asleep at 8pm and waking up at 7am to go to work. I am trying the intermittent fasting of not eating for 16hrs and eating only at work for 8. It is hard cause I have massive headaches and my eyes were twitching. I had to keep telling myself I can't eat for the cause.

Got my blood results back. My TSH is on the low end and my T3s are normal. I didn't see my t4 test yet.

Sucks too because I look at my refrigerator and I can barely have anything except for water. I have a giant piece of smoked salmon waiting to be opened and eaten. However, can't eat it. I get home after the window so no food for me.

Boyfriend is hesitant at this point. He can eat anything he wants and he can burn it off by breathing. He has such a high metabolism. We canceled Valentine's day. I wouldn't be able to go out to eat anyways because of the food and the window I can only eat in. He is not happy but he knows I'm not happy I gained 30lbs after radiation.

Yeah, last night I only had 800 calories. I ended up calling asleep at 8pm and waking up at 7am to go to work. I am trying the intermittent fasting of not eating for 16hrs and eating only at work for 8. It is hard cause I have massive headaches and my eyes were twitching. I had to keep telling myself I can't eat for the cause.

Got my blood results back. My TSH is on the low end and my T3s are normal. I didn't see my t4 test yet.

Sucks too because I look at my refrigerator and I can barely have anything except for water. I have a giant piece of smoked salmon waiting to be opened and eaten. However, can't eat it. I get home after the window so no food for me.

Boyfriend is hesitant at this point. He can eat anything he wants and he can burn it off by breathing. He has such a high metabolism. We canceled Valentine's day. I wouldn't be able to go out to eat anyways because of the food and the window I can only eat in. He is not happy but he knows I'm not happy I gained 30lbs after radiation.
    You can move your window of eating it doesn't matter it's just a time frame to limit your calories.

And eating out for valentines day will not cause significant fat increase in one day. Why not enjoy valentines day and then ensure strick adherence for the rest of the week.

Calories are based on long term numbers aka total week calories not daily calories. Remember weight loss is a long process and it will take time one day will make no difference if really concern eat a lower calorie meal out.

You can move your window of eating it doesn't matter it's just a time frame to limit your calories.

And eating out for valentines day will not cause significant fat increase in one day. Why not enjoy valentines day and then ensure strick adherence for the rest of the week.

Calories are based on long term numbers aka total week calories not daily calories. Remember weight loss is a long process and it will take time one day will make no difference if really concern eat a lower calorie meal out.
    Is there anything I can take to reduce my appetite severely? Like not have one at all? Oatmeal doesn't seem to work, only makes me hungrier, even if I eat it really slow. I am always hungry from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep and periodically I wakeup in the middle of the night hungry with my stomach grumbling.

Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Davezor96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Intermitten fasting might not be the right thing for you at all since you have medical issues.

Stop following everything that some random dude on a forum says and consult another doctor (not the one you currently have) or
    a nutritional specialist.

Apparently, you have some serious issues to take care of... so get professional help from a specialist.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How about for 4 weeks you try eating a normal well-rounded and nutrious diet at 1600 calories per day, spread out however you choose? Use a digital scale to weigh all solids and semi-solids and measuring cups/spoons for all liquids. Look up all food nutrition info either on the foods' labels or in the USDA Nutrition Database. Log it all. Weigh yourself once per week. Then see what changes between your first weigh-in and your last. If your weight stays the same or increases, you can then easily figure out how many calories to drop it by because you'll have actual data to work with. Right now you are working with hyperbole and emotion, neither of which are useful when it comes to losing weight.

Originally Posted by Davezor96 View Post
    Intermitten fasting might not be the right thing for you at all since you have medical issues.

Stop following everything that some random dude on a forum says and consult another doctor (not the one you currently have) or
    a nutritional specialist.

Apparently, you have some serious issues to take care of... so get professional help from a specialist.
    I would like to point out that I personally am not someone who believes in Intermittent fasting (IF) it is not required for weight loss and my point isn't that this is needed for anyone trying to lose weight. However for individuals who need possible methods to limit hunger IF is a tool available that some people and research shows can limit appetite.

Yes seeking a nutritionist may help but at the end of the day weight loss is caused by calories therefore that is what the OP must focus on.

Is there anything I can take to reduce my appetite severely? Like not have one at all? Oatmeal doesn't seem to work, only makes me hungrier, even if I eat it really slow. I am always hungry from the moment I wake up until I fall asleep and periodically I wakeup in the middle of the night hungry with my stomach grumbling.
    There are legal aids but I don't know them personally as I don't recommend them. Speak to a doctor or pharmacist for guidance related to your condition as the stimulants used maybe counter effective with your current medication.

Here are some tools you can used to aid in appetite:-

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...unger-appetite

https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/...-with-hunger#1

There contain some useful ideas but one that is very helpful is bulk up your meals with very low calorie sources such as celery, lettuce, cabbage, soups, broths etc

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/zero-calorie-foods

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/low-calorie-foods

Another food I can suggest is this:-

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...ki-noodles-101

It is basically all fibre noodle and can made into many many dishes. They are quite expensive but some places sell them cheaper in local Asian shops. They absorb the flavor of other stuff so basically are tasteless.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I"ve had some success doing IF - I chose an eating window that allowed me to have dinner at home with my family. It's generally easiest to fast when you are too busy to think about it, such as at work. My fasting days would look something like this:

5am - black coffee, workout
    7am - head to work (7:30 start)
    8am - green tea
    11am - first break at work, eating window begins with a 300 calorie snack
    1:30pm - 600 calorie lunch
    3:30pm - 300 calorie snack
    5:00 - head home
    6:00 - 800 calorie dinner
    7:00 - end of eating window
    9:00 - bed

Of course you'd need to adjust the calories and times to suit your day, but this plan worked well for me. All of my food choices were some combination of high protein, high fibre, high water to be as filling as possible.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=181179323&p=1658333353#post1658333353

Personal best lifts
    RDL - 9 x 87.5kg (193lb)

I am in the middle of day 2 using MyFitnessApp and tracking 1250 calories daily. I've had a pounding headache since last night, Im clenching my jaw from this pain. It is 3pm and I already hit my limit.

I give up.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I am in the middle of day 2 using MyFitnessApp and tracking 1250 calories daily. I've had a pounding headache since last night, Im clenching my jaw from this pain. It is 3pm and I already hit my limit.

I give up.
    Stop being dramatic. Eat in a moderate deficit. 1600 is a good start.

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

I give up.
    It took you nearly a year to gain the 20lbs and you're going to quit after 2 days trying to lose it? You can't expect instant results and you can't blame anyone/anything but yourself if you're quitting already. The headache could of been caused by anything. Try counting cals consistently for a few weeks and see if you notice some weight loss. I'll assume you used a calculator of some sort to come up with 1250, if its just a random number than use the calc in the calculating TDEE sticky of the nutrition forum for a better starting point. Space your meals out better so you don't max out so early in the day.
    On another note, Vday is 1 day out of the entire year. It will make no significant difference in your dieting by going and enjoying dinner. Go enjoy your dinner date.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

Originally Posted by Ghawk21 View Post
    It took you nearly a year to gain the 20lbs and you're going to quit after 2 days trying to lose it? You can't expect instant results and you can't blame anyone/anything but yourself if you're quitting already. The headache could of been caused by anything. Try counting cals consistently for a few weeks and see if you notice some weight loss. I'll assume you used a calculator of some sort to come up with 1250, if its just a random number than use the calc in the calculating TDEE sticky of the nutrition forum for a better starting point. Space your meals out better so you don't max out so early in the day.
    On another note, Vday is 1 day out of the entire year. It will make no significant difference in your dieting by going and enjoying dinner. Go enjoy your dinner date.
    Using my fitness pal plus measuring portions of food.

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    Stop being dramatic. Eat in a moderate deficit. 1600 is a good start.
    According to the myfitnesspal app, if I want to lose weight, I have to have 1250. 1600 calories is for me to maintain my weight

And try hitting your head against a support beam and tell me if your head really hurts and your eyes are twitching. That is what is the pain level in my head.

Using my fitness pal plus measuring portions of food.

According to the myfitnesspal app, if I want to lose weight, I have to have 1250. 1600 calories is for me to maintain my weight
    MFP doesn't base your goal on total calories burned. I would never use it for a calorie goal.

If you eat 1600 for a month and your weight is completely steady, you'll know it's your maintenance. Then you can subtract 10-20% in order to lose weight. Right now you're already failing on 1250. Try a more moderate approach and you'll be more apt to stick with it.

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    MFP doesn't base your goal on total calories burned. I would never use it for a calorie goal.

If you eat 1600 for a month and your weight is completely steady, you'll know it's your maintenance. Then you can subtract 10-20% in order to lose weight. Right now you're already failing on 1250. Try a more moderate approach and you'll be more apt to stick with it.
    Great advice - you'd do well to follow it. I also agree with the previous poster that you should enjoy your Valentine's Day dinner.

Personal best lifts
    RDL - 9 x 87.5kg (193lb)

Update: Blood work and Speaking with my doctor. He is my progress since last post.

Before: 185lbs. Now: 161lbs.

What did I do?

1. Calorie Counting - Everything measured and tracked with my fitness app. This includes the milk in my coffee!
    2. Workouts - 3x week minimum
    3. Thyroid Levels are normal, no change to Synthroid
    4. Ended up talking to my other doctor about switching birth control.
    5. Migraines were likely caused by Pollen as I was also breaking out in hives for the past 2 weeks however (see below)

6. Vitamin B12 deficiency! Needed to take a daily supplement! This is likely the cause of my headaches and it adding this supplement will help aid in thyroid function (although to note, I radiated my thyroid a year ago).
    7. Continued on my Vitamin D, Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc and Iron supplements 3x week.
    8. Continued drinking water

I am guessing I lost retained water weight first before I lost any body fat.