SQmartca is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Outdoor gym questions

I just finished assembling the rack out in my backyard which has right in front of it a 4 x 6 stall mat for when i do deadlifts. I live in Nevada so it rarely rains but we do get extreme weather in that for 3 months out of the year, it gets to be over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. We also get a lot of sun here as well.

My plan is to always bring the barbell back inside after i'm done lifting and leave the rack, mat, and weight plates outside. Should i buy a tarp to cover the rack up every day to prevent it from sun and wind damage?

I am not really concerned about the weight plates nor the stall mat, mainly i would just like to take care of the rack.
    Link to the home equipment I am planning on buying. Input would be greatly appreciated.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177887171

Link to the workout regime I am planning on implementing.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177887211

BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BulkMore is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    What exactly will the sun do? Probably fade the paint over time. I wouldnt worry about it. I would be more concerned with the bench...you'll want to bring that inside.

SQmartca is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have yet to get a bench but will do just that when i do
    Link to the home equipment I am planning on buying. Input would be greatly appreciated.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177887171

Link to the workout regime I am planning on implementing.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177887211

ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ampire is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SQmartca View Post
    I just finished assembling the rack out in my backyard which has right in front of it a 4 x 6 stall mat for when i do deadlifts. I live in Nevada so it rarely rains but we do get extreme weather in that for 3 months out of the year, it gets to be over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. We also get a lot of sun here as well.

My plan is to always bring the barbell back inside after i'm done lifting and leave the rack, mat, and weight plates outside. Should i buy a tarp to cover the rack up every day to prevent it from sun and wind damage?

I am not really concerned about the weight plates nor the stall mat, mainly i would just like to take care of the rack.
    Rust proof the inside of the rack just in case with something like this automotive sprayable internal frame coating, as you may eventually develop rust from condensation, even if minimal rain. https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-in...z-aerosol.html Spray it into the holes in the rack, tape over the holes you aren't spraying into. The tube and nozzle is designed to let you spray deep into metal tubing. Wear a paint project respirator to protect your lungs. Theres a video on the page that shows how it works.

christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100) christin101 is not very well liked. (-100)
    there is nothing you need to worry.