AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best supplement for recovery and power

So I am hoping to accelerate my muscle gains by recovering faster so I can get back into the gym faster, and something that will also increase the power of my lifts. I have heard that creatine does this, but I don't like the idea of gaining mass by means of water weight. I want to know that my gained mass is ME, not just water weight.

Do they make a creatine that doesn't increase water retention in the muscles?

If not, I have been googling other options. There are articles that say BCAAs, Glutamine, L-Arginine are all good for muscle recovery. If I were to take a pre/during workout BCAA supplement, what would you recommend? I'm willing to pay for good quality.

Is there anything else I should be aware of?
    Last edited by AdamFrostburg; 01-26-2020 at 01:33 PM.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Avoid BCAAs, glutamine and l-arginine as they’re varying levels of useless.

Food is number one option. Aim for carbs & protein in particular for recovery.

Creatine isn’t going to make you a monster with water weight, many people use it with little/no water retention.
    Strong & Unstable

AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) AdamFrostburg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by faipdeooiad View Post

Creatine isn’t going to make you a monster with water weight, many people use it with little/no water retention.
    Yeah, that's my concern. That BCAAs and Glutamine are all amino acids. So I figure if you are eating meat, fish or taking whey, you are already getting all those amino acids because all complete proteins have all the amino acids. It doesn't make sense to me at all why people take amino acid supplements when meat, fish and whey already have all the amino acids.

Originally Posted by AdamFrostburg View Post
    Yeah, that's my concern. That BCAAs and Glutamine are all amino acids. So I figure if you are eating meat, fish or taking whey, you are already getting all those amino acids because all complete proteins have all the amino acids. It doesn't make sense to me at all why people take amino acid supplements when meat, fish and whey already have all the amino acids.
    Am I wrong?

Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Evkanguish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Am I wrong?
    You are right my dude. If you get the proper amount of protein in your diet amino supplements are a non-factor.

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

That ^
    Controlled Labs Rep
    nathan @ controlledlabs.com

Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Iluvmud has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    That ^
    Basically this...

Bcaa’s aren’t really needed at all if you’re getting all the protein you need. Even better if you can get it all from whole foods bs powders.

So basically
    Protein
    Carbs
    Rest
    Salty.......... like Extra salty.......

So this brings me to my next question. I am considering taking Creatine to help improve my explosive lifting power, to get more muscular exertion in the gym, and thus advance faster, and to recover faster. What I DON'T want, however, is to have water weight muscle swell. I want to know that my growth is me. I don't plan on staying on creatine forever. Just to help me get to my goal faster, and once I stop taking the creatine, I don't want to shrink due to water loss. Is there a creatine out there that works like this?

Lastly, not only do I lift, I run as well. Will creatine hurt my runs at all?

faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faipdeooiad has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You’re not going to lose size stopping creatine. It won’t negatively affect running either
    Strong & Unstable

Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    So this brings me to my next question. I am considering taking Creatine to help improve my explosive lifting power, to get more muscular exertion in the gym, and thus advance faster, and to recover faster. What I DON'T want, however, is to have water weight muscle swell. I want to know that my growth is me. I don't plan on staying on creatine forever. Just to help me get to my goal faster, and once I stop taking the creatine, I don't want to shrink due to water loss. Is there a creatine out there that works like this?

Lastly, not only do I lift, I run as well. Will creatine hurt my runs at all?
    You don't want bigger muscles? Then just stop (everything). Train for marathons. Problem solved.

" I don't plan on staying on creatine forever."

Why not?

But, even still, something that helps you put in a little bit more quality work and make a little bit more progress, helps you make progress. Take it.

Also, do you plan to resistance train and keep your protein intake up forever?

No it won't hinder running

Just take the creatine. Or don't if you're going to be all worried and compulsive about everything even when there's no reason to be. This is a silly line of thought you have going.
    Controlled Labs Rep

Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    You don't want bigger muscles? Then just stop (everything). Train for marathons. Problem solved.

" I don't plan on staying on creatine forever."

Why not?

But, even still, something that helps you put in a little bit more quality work and make a little bit more progress, helps you make progress. Take it.

Also, do you plan to resistance train and keep your protein intake up forever?

No it won't hinder running

Just take the creatine. Or don't if you're going to be all worried and compulsive about everything even when there's no reason to be. This is a silly line of thought you have going.
    No, I do want bigger muscles. But I want bigger muscles due to gained muscle tissue, not water volume. That's why if/when I stop creatine, I want to retain the muscle. If it's water volume, then you are just inflating your muscles with fluid. It almost feels fake to me. Protein/carbs comes in your food. It's natural to consume. Creatine just feels artificial. I feel like it would be a good tool for me to get an edge in my workouts, but I don't see it as a permanent part of my physiology.

Last question. Which tub of creatine monohydrate should I buy? Which is most effective, but will avoid water swelling of the muscles? I'm looking for something that is effective, but not too expensive that I could find on say, amazon.

Last question. Which tub of creatine monohydrate should I buy? Which is most effective, but will avoid water swelling of the muscles? I'm looking for something that is effective, but not too expensive that I could find on say, amazon.
    It's creatine. It's all creatine. Buy the creatine that's readily available from a reputable brand. It's really very simple.

It's natural to consume.
    Correct, creatine is in foods and is natural to consume. Our bodies also produce their own

BTW...this is the top stickied thread in this section...

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173714091
    Controlled Labs Rep

Okay, I bought the ON brand creatine. The dosing instructions are fairly imprecise. It says to consume one rounded teaspoon in a glass of water (which is 5 grams). How much is a rounded teaspoon exactly? The company was too cheap to include a premeasured scoop cup?? I'm the OCD type always worried I'm not getting enough. So I tend to make my teaspoons heaping. Google didn't give me a consistent image of what a "rounded teaspoon" looks like.
    Last edited by AdamFrostburg; 02-06-2020 at 08:42 PM.

Jesus wept, just stick a teaspoon of the stuff into a glass and drink the bleedin’ thing.

If you get a teaspoon full and it looks flat, that’s not a rounded spoonful. If it has a sort of ‘rounded’ thing going on, you’re on the money.
    Strong & Unstable