Tonii47 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Post Looking for a new program

I will have been working out for 8 months in few weeks. I was working out at home for first 5 months with only dumbbells and bodyweight and i got into the gym 3 months ago. So i always did as many sets and reps as i wanted. Only like a month ago i started watching my sets and reps properly but i still dont track it . So i did made some nice gains but recently i feel like my progress has stopped. So my question is what program to follow now. It would be nice to be at least 4 days a week because i've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week in this period. Also my volume is quite big of at least 16-28 sets per muscle group weekly. And will I lose some muscle if i lower the volume now and change the program almost completely or am I just exaggerating?

randa891 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tonii47 View Post
    I will have been working out for 8 months in few weeks. I was working out at home for first 5 months with only dumbbells and bodyweight and i got into the gym 3 months ago. So i always did as many sets and reps as i wanted. Only like a month ago i started watching my sets and reps properly but i still dont track it . So i did made some nice gains but recently i feel like my progress has stopped. So my question is what program to follow now. It would be nice to be at least 4 days a week because i've been going to the gym 5-6 days a week in this period. Also my volume is quite big of at least 16-28 sets per muscle group weekly. And will I lose some muscle if i lower the volume now and change the program almost completely or am I just exaggerating?
    It doesn 't matter how many sets you do, 10 sets of leg extension are less strenous than 4 sets of squat, the only things that matter are intensity and how hard you train.
    However you can do an upper lower split, a push pull, etc.
    Try to post something, there are a lot of training program in the site.
    English is not my first language

Ok then i will try to keep my sets no more than 20 but to make them taxing and effective with as much as possible compound work. About the program i was thinking since i can go to the gym 4 times per week and once per week workout at home is Vikings upper/lower push/pull/legs split good and that i will train legs at home once or just to stick with upper/lower split bcs i cant go to the gym more than 4 times weekly?
    Last edited by Tonii47; 01-26-2020 at 06:00 AM. Reason: Spelling

air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) air2fakie is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I will have been working out for 8 months in few weeks. ... So i always did as many sets and reps as i wanted. Only like a month ago i started watching my sets and reps properly but i still dont track it . So i did made some nice gains but recently i feel like my progress has stopped. ... Also my volume is quite big of at least 16-28 sets per muscle group weekly. And will I lose some muscle if i lower the volume now and change the program almost completely or am I just exaggerating?
    You'll likely see better gains if you lower volume significantly and follow a real program with an actual progression plan. For example, 20 sets of biceps or triceps would be unnecessary at your stage.

When you first start working out, often you'll make gains no matter what you do so ppl get a false sense that what they're doing is good even if they have no structured routine.

About the program i was thinking since i can go to the gym 4 times per week and once per week workout at home is Vikings upper/lower push/pull/legs split good and that i will train legs at home once or just to stick with upper/lower split bcs i cant go to the gym more than 4 times weekly?
    Doing ULPPL wouldn't matter if you have the equipment to replicate exactly what you'd do in the gym, but if it'd be a half-a**ed leg day at home then just do UL.

An U/L is prob more suitable for you anyway at this point though, and def watch your volume. No point doing extra work if it's not getting you anywhere.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    You'll likely see better gains if you lower volume significantly and follow a real program with an actual progression plan. For example, 20 sets of biceps or triceps would be unnecessary at your stage.

When you first start working out, often you'll make gains no matter what you do so ppl get a false sense that what they're doing is good even if they have no structured routine.

Doing ULPPL wouldn't matter if you have the equipment to replicate exactly what you'd do in the gym, but if it'd be a half-a**ed leg day at home then just do UL.

An U/L is prob more suitable for you anyway at this point though, and def watch your volume. No point doing extra work if it's not getting you anywhere.
    Ok men thx for explaining some stuff. Im gonna try Vikings upper/lower plan next week and i will see how it goes. Maybe i will add one exercise for my lacking muscles groups but no more than that.