TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000) TheHaws is a name known to all. (+5000)

Debt & Investment Question: Canadian Tradies GTFIH

Currently working on paying off a line of credit (14.6%) I have for 8k, expect to have it paid off in roughly 10 months maybe less due to my pending bonus I receive in March.

I want to get started in trading, I have no clue what I am doing though. I want to open a TFSA Investing account through TD, I heard good things about their interface and feel like it would integrate well with my life considering I bank with TD and my line is with them.

My question is, should I wait to open the account and putting money into it until I have completely paid the LOC? If I did open the account I probably would only invest a few hundred a month until the LOC is paid off anyway, then the bulk of what I was putting on the LOC will go into investing after that. What do you boys think?

Also any helpful resources to an aspiring Canadian tradie would be nice.
    <Overly Friendly Canadian Crew>
    Some people die at 25 and aren't buried until 75. - Benjamin Franklin