bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Muscle growth question

Hi. Is there any way to make your muscles grow really fast, like making them recover as fast as possible or giving them lot of protein and training as hard as possible. Or is 0.5-1 pound the body's absolute maximum capability for muscle growth. Thank you.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Serious question?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) bodyguy55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Serious question?
    Yeah I was just thinking about the actual science behind muscle growth and was wondering if we could, from a scientific perspective, stimulate fast muscle growth.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    No (short of drugs which may not be discussed on this forum) otherwise we'd all be doing it.

I understand that as a novice, you might dream up smart tricks or hacks to do better than everyone else is doing (I'm sure I've thought that way in the past). But sanity check yourself: did I really come up with the holy grail of lifting which has eluded everyone else for decades...?

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Avoiding the elephant in the room...

If you could do something that would make muscles grow faster than other parts of you (like ligaments, tendons, joints, bones and other what not) comparatively speaking they'd then be weak, which isn't a good scenario

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This is the fastest way:-

Literally seconds once you get the hang of it.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hardyboysare View Post
    This is the fastest way:-

Literally seconds once you get the hang of it.
    Wow, and in your avatar you've matched your skin color so closely I didn't realize at first
    You should have kept your secret, you had me fooled

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Train hard, sleep at least 8 hours, good diet, drink enough water, give muscle groups adequate time to recover before using them again. Just gotta take your time with it, the best physiques don't come quick and easy - if they did, everyone would look like greek gods haha. Personally, i'm glad bodybuilding takes that long, takes that kind of consistency and devotion, that attention to detail. It keeps you not only goal oriented, but hungry for more, and eager to find out what will happen in the next 3 months, how much you'll have changed, and in what way. I wouldn't want it to be like a video game you can just enter cheat codes into and beat in minutes, there'd be nothing left to do and would feel empty. An empty sport, empty accomplishment, an empty victory, and not one i'd earned. The true reward goes to those who keep going year after year, not for a few months and then switch hobbies. The progress will come if you're patient, but only if you are. It's a long quest, but worth every second of time spent travelling down that road to reach where it takes you.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Wow, and in your avatar you've matched your skin color so closely I didn't realize at first
    You should have kept your secret, you had me fooled
    As they say sharing is caring :-)