Thread: Matt Hardy

words and guitar yieldtonothing's Avatar
    yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Matt Hardy

has anyone been following the 'free the delete' or 'matty hardy in limbo' video series? i watched of it today, took like 15-20 minutes. it's entertaining.

do you think he's gonna be the leader of the dark order. unless there's some kind of major work going on, all signs point to him going to aew. i think he'll shine on that television program honestly. the chit he produces is of better quality (i'm talking strictly vis a vis visuals and audio) than what they produce.

i guess my question is do you think this guy has one more top of the card run in him? i personally think the answer is yes.
    i like the one that says "some pulp".

Registered User BuckNakedinBama's Avatar
    BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BuckNakedinBama has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He barely scratched top of the card in his prime. He's 45 and looks like a bloatlord.

If he's at the top of the card in AEW they have a problem.
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------LIBERTY------------------------
    --or-----------------------------------
    ---GIVE-------------------------------
    -----ME-------------------------------
    ------DEATH-------------------------

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BuckNakedinBama View Post
    He barely scratched top of the card in his prime. He's 45 and looks like a bloatlord.

If he's at the top of the card in AEW they have a problem.
    If he is as over as he was during the peak of his Broken Matt Hardy TNA days, that isn't a problem. Being at the top of the card isn't about looking good, it's about being a star and being over. Jericho also looks pretty tubby these days, doesn't mean he isn't at the top of his and the wrestling game.

Cool, Seth Rollins is at the top of your company WWE as a babyface, and he is getting boo'd, that's a problem. Roman being boo'd for years at the top of the company is a problem.

Matt won't be put into the main event anyway in AEW. Everyone pretty much assumes he'll be the leader of the Dark Order as they have a ton of potential and so far have sucked in live action. If he gets creative control to do him and the Dark Order, I have super high hopes for the faction.

As for if he joins AEW, he was squashed by Erick Rowen in 1 minute last RAW, there's no doubt in my mind he's leaving and joining AEW in a months time.
    Not part of any crews crew

devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) devin45k has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Broken Matt Hardy is the only thing that’d make the dark order good.
    NDSU Crew
    Kansas City Royals Crew
    Winnipeg Blue Bombers Crew
    Over the Top is the GOAT Movie Crew
    HTC 4 life brother!!!

Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IMO matt and jeff are both shot at this point. matt got his fun run as broken/woken in WWE, it really did work at the time, but after that point you're 40 plus and you've done everything a dozen times. apparently he's going to be one of those guys who can't hang them up. if that's the case be my guest AEW.

AEW should not be signing more 40-50 year old WWE castoffs IMO.

ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250) ChunkBuster has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Murph0408 View Post

AEW should not be signing more 40-50 year old WWE castoffs IMO.
    Agree. That was WCWs MO.

BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BallGameFan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He's in no worse shape than...

***GODDESS BLISS CREW***

Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Murph0408 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BallGameFan View Post
    He's in no worse shape than...

it isn't just shape. and i don't mean to rag on jericho with that comment above either. but you don't want to get a reputation like TNA where they basically picked up every guy who left WWE past their prime. having chris jericho is good for business and he does reach a wider audience than just wrestling.

to me, matt hardy, especially with the broken/woken stuff, just speaks to the same audience you already have. do you want to keep feeding that niche hardcore mark fanbase by grabbing WWE castoffs? or are you trying to bring new viewers in? no WWE castoff should be hired unless they bring a brand new audience with them, or they're at least still in their prime.

hell i'd rather get a guy who can talk and is still psychically gifted like wade barrett/stu bennet (no clue if he'd even want to anymore), you could sell me on that vs a broken down matt hardy in his mid 40s

kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) kneeonbelly is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Matt Hardy doesnt need to be younger or built as big as brock. some of you as too superficial to appreciate a good angle or faction I guess.

Broken Matt Hardy being the influence and leader of a faction of younger team of weirdos works; it plays to his insane character while lending those wrestlers his career credibility and legacy. Mr. Fuji didnt need to do situps to manage demolition or Yokozuna , and at any age, it worked. same thing here.

When Ultimate warrior needed to learn the darkside to face undertaker Jake the Snake was involved , not because he was an Adonis but because it played up the character.
    So yeah I hope AEW brings Matt in to allow him to be creative and do cool stuff again.

marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) marinevet63031 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kneeonbelly View Post
    Broken Matt Hardy being the influence and leader of a faction of younger team of weirdos works; it plays to his insane character while lending those wrestlers his career credibility and legacy.
    So yeah I hope AEW brings Matt in to allow him to be creative and do cool stuff again.
    I agree. I mean seriously, if he has gotten over with the gimmick and is the ring leader of the faction then good. He is practiced and knows what he is doing quite well.
    *INBA/PNBA - PNBA (Professional) Wheelchair Natural Bodybuilder*
    *Disabled US Marine Corps Combat Veteran*
    *St. L Cardinals, St. L Blues, KC Chiefs*
    *Hogan is G.O.A.T. Sting Fanatic - Miss Bliss Crew*

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Murph0408 View Post
    it isn't just shape. and i don't mean to rag on jericho with that comment above either. but you don't want to get a reputation like TNA where they basically picked up every guy who left WWE past their prime. having chris jericho is good for business and he does reach a wider audience than just wrestling.

to me, matt hardy, especially with the broken/woken stuff, just speaks to the same audience you already have. do you want to keep feeding that niche hardcore mark fanbase by grabbing WWE castoffs? or are you trying to bring new viewers in? no WWE castoff should be hired unless they bring a brand new audience with them, or they're at least still in their prime.

hell i'd rather get a guy who can talk and is still psychically gifted like wade barrett/stu bennet (no clue if he'd even want to anymore), you could sell me on that vs a broken down matt hardy in his mid 40s
    I don't think you realize how big Matt Hardy was in his Broken Matt days in TNA. You're talking about his WWE run like it was relevant, WWE absolutely butchered it because they had to write everything themselves. Matt is arguably the only reason TNA still exists/is relevant after his Broken run.

Matt as the leader of The Dark Order gives the faction credibility and could easily be the most over thing in the wrestling business if he does whatever he wants to do. He has a mind for the business and would help AEW grow.

I take that every day over some muscle head who can't cut a promo.
    Not part of any crews crew

words and guitar yieldtonothing's Avatar
    yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) yieldtonothing has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by JPeeper View Post
    I don't think you realize how big Matt Hardy was in his Broken Matt days in TNA. You're talking about his WWE run like it was relevant, WWE absolutely butchered it because they had to write everything themselves. Matt is arguably the only reason TNA still exists/is relevant after his Broken run.

Matt as the leader of The Dark Order gives the faction credibility and could easily be the most over thing in the wrestling business if he does whatever he wants to do. He has a mind for the business and would help AEW grow.

I take that every day over some muscle head who can't cut a promo.
    he's a bit of a mark.

the broken character had a life of its own in 2016. its not like they are signing alberto del rio or some chit.

i think matt is most interested in doing character work these days. i mean he's paying to make his own youtube videos just to do character work. being the leader of a stable where his ring time would be limited is the perfect spot for him at this point in his career.in aew, you can wrestle 20-30 times a year and still be a full timer on tv. plus you'd imagine matt would be doing a lot more final deletion type matches that aren't shot live, edited heavily and are generally more gimmick oriented.
    i like the one that says "some pulp".