ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Ectomorph Program

Hi everyone.

Im 30y/o male, 5.7" and 60kg. Just starting to workout this couple of month. My question is does my program is ok for Ectomorph or too little volume?

My goal is to build muscle, get bigger and increase weight.

For compound exercise my rep/set is 5x5, while the accessories exercise is 8x4.

Monday
    - Bench Press
    - Close Grip Bench Press
    - OHP
    - Bent over delt raise
    - Lateral Raise

Tuesday
    - Squat
    - Barbell Row
    - Hammer Curl
    - Any bicep exercise

Wednesday = Rest

Thursday
    - Bench Press
    - Skull Crusher
    - OHP / Arnold / Dumbbell Shoulder Press
    - Bent over delt raise
    - Lateral Raise

Friday
    - Squat
    - Barbell Row
    - Any bicep exercise
    - Any bicep exercise

Saturday & Sunday = Rest

My TDEE is maybe around 1900. Im doing calorie surplus at 2700cal.

Note:
    I avoid Deadlift due to Hernia history last year. So im not dare to do Deadlift atm.

Thanks.

rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rsid97 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There's so much wrong with this in general, yet alone you trying to think that a routine is based on being an 'ectomorph' or not (coming from someone who used to be 45kg at 6ft tall). How easily you gain weight is going to be based on your calorie intake and TDEE, not specifically your routine (although it does contribute slightly to your energy expenditure).

The routine itself is a mess, lacking pulling work, lacking hamstring work, too much pushing.

I'm suspecting that you're still lifting novice numbers so try running a properly constructed full body routine instead (fierce 5, SL 5x5, Vikings etc). If you're not going to deadlift off the floor, then try replacing it with some form of a hip hinge movement (RDL or good mornings perhaps, but as with deadlifts off the floor, be meticulous about your technique and work within your constraints of what your doctor has suggested you to do).
    Some regular lifting posts (IG) - @rsid_97

My Growth Stimulus Training journal - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175699161

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Choose a good pre-made routine and don't design your own. Your cal intake is relevant to your body type, not the routine.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Personally I'm a heteromorph (I have ectomorph arms, mesomorph legs but endomorph stomach) so I can say with much morphic experience that the previous 2 posts about programs and eating levels are excellent advice. If at all possible get some advice from someone qualified (single session with a physical therapist?) about whether you need to adapt substitute anything due to your hernia concerns

ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ZintoZin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Will follow Fierce 5 program and see how the progress.

Yup currently im lifting beginners or novice weight.

Bench Press = 45kg
    Squat = 50kg
    OHP = 30kg
    Barbell Row = 46kg
    Barbell Curl = 22kg

xln021 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ZintoZin View Post
    Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

Will follow Fierce 5 program and see how the progress.

Yup currently im lifting beginners or novice weight.

Bench Press = 45kg
    Squat = 50kg
    OHP = 30kg
    Barbell Row = 46kg
    Barbell Curl = 22kg
    I've always been naturally skinny, i consider myself an ectomorph since i eat like a horse but i dont seem to put weight, i've never weighted more than 69kg and right now i am at 67, back when i started at the gym my lifts were:

Squat 20Kg
    Bench 20Kg
    Lat pulldown 20Kg
    OHP null
    dumbbell curl 3kg

now, after 2,5 years of inconsistent training/diet, following jimstoppani shortcut to size for 1 year and fierce 5 for another year :

squat is 65kg
    bench is 50kg 5rep max
    lat pulldowns 40kg 8 reps
    OHP 35kg
    curl idk, the bar plus 5kg each side, so i think its 20kg, 6-10reps

Personally, i think i've made some progress, and i barely look anymore the skinny fat i was but, i still dont look any close to what the monsters of my gym look. I've always struggled to follow i diet because im not willing to track everything i eat every day, and my parents would not definitely let me to, but apart from that, im still frustrated because my friends who are naturally fatty going, they just go training, lose some fat, build some muscle mass and they will still look 10 times stronger and bigger than me.

It really seems like if i dont follow a serious lean bulk plan and be consistent, i will never make real progress.

Hi there.

Thanks for your sharing. Yes i understand the feeling of frustration for ectomorph body type compare to the others. I guess the most challenging for us is to maintain eat at calorie surplus consistency. I my self still struggle with this. Hopefully i can made the change as my new lifestyle and not just for the sake of hobby.

Wish you the best in this journey.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A lot of ppl were ectomorphs until they weren't, so don't let that be your roadblock.

dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000) dgoyena216 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Body types like ectomorph, endomorph, etc. are all based on a theory that is yet to be proven to be actually applicable and supported by any scientific literature.

Designing a program around these things is as flawed as it gets.
    Current Program: 5-3-1
    e1RMs:
    D: 295 S: 275 B: 250 Press: 115

Burst/Wedge fracture L1 May 3, 2013 - no surgery
    Medial and Lateral Collateral Ligament tears right elbow March 2014
    - All Non-lifting related injuries -