itsarypie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question toning/leaning/diet help?

Hey I tried posting before but it didn't seem to go through but I'm an 18 year old female who's 5'8", skinny, and 113 lbs. I eat very healthy working out 7 days a week doing mostly bodyweight exercises. I have a workout plan that is for leaning and toning that I follow and I do have muscle but I want to get my abs and muscles more toned and defined. When I was underweight I was ripped! I'm not sure if I should consider tracking macros or if it's a matter of incorporating more cardio. I don't know that much about macros and found it confusing on what I should follow since i'm not trying to bulk. I eat a balanced diet high in lean proteins and healthy fats like eggs, turkey, chicken, avocados, ham, ***e 0 yogurt and all the veggies! I normally eat half a banana in my daily smoothie, granny smith apples, mixed berries, and an occasional pressed juice. I eat around 1600 calories but I am constantly hungry I think because of how active I am. I work so hard I'm just disappointed that my muscles (abs especially) arent as prominent as I would like! Thank you to anyone who can help

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    5-8, 113lb, and you’re worried about showing your abs and ‘toning’?

This is highly suspicious... I’m concerned about your body image.

I suggest you consider speaking to a therapist about this. If you’re hungry, you need to eat... you’re not in a position to be restricting food like this. 1600 calories is nowhere near enough for you.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 01-22-2020 at 07:11 PM.
    The power of carbs compels me!

I don't restrict myself at all that's an average and since I don't count calories it could be a lot higher I eat 7 plus meals! Mostly protein packed and healthy fats. But thanks for the concern.

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    5-8, 113lb, and you’re worried about showing your abs and ‘toning’?

This is highly suspicious... I’m concerned about your body image.

I suggest you consider speaking to a therapist about this. If you’re hungry, you need to eat... you’re not in a position to be restricting food like this. 1600 calories is nowhere near enough for you.

AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) AdamWW has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by itsarypie View Post
    I don't restrict myself at all that's an average and since I don't count calories it could be a lot higher I eat 7 plus meals! Mostly protein packed and healthy fats. But thanks for the concern.
    You said you’re hungry all the time ... you’re restricting. Hunger doesn’t happen when you’re eating enough, and you’re also under weight

Either get healthy or the cycle will never end
    The power of carbs compels me!

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    You said you’re hungry all the time ... you’re restricting. Hunger doesn’t happen when you’re eating enough, and you’re also under weight

Either get healthy or the cycle will never end
    I’m actually very healthy and my doctor said I’m at the perfect weight. I have healthy fat just like anyone should I’m not doing anything unhealthy. I just want to see my muscles that’s it! I don’t want to loose weight I want to tone them more and I don’t know if incorporating more muscle building workouts would help I know I eat more than the protein minimum. I just started reading other threads which are helping me greatly but thank you anyway

faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) faithbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    forget the "toning", a few bulk/cut cycles will probably get you to your goal. it's just a matter of building muscle and then cutting to get the fat off
    positive crew

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    forget the "toning", a few bulk/cut cycles will probably get you to your goal. it's just a matter of building muscle and then cutting to get the fat off
    Awesome I’ll definitely try that I did switch my workout routine up so I think I currently am not doing enough to build them so I’ll change that. thanks!!