SQmartca is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Bought stall mat with button top/base?

Just bought a 4x6x3/4inch stall mat with one side having a button like surface and the other side being flat. I plan on doing squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, and barbell rows on this mat. Will it having a button surface be any issue? I was just thinking of flipping it over to the flat side and using it as such? By the way, is the button surface suppose to be the base or the top?

My concern is that the button like surface might not give me a perfectly flat surface of which could cause imbalances over time?
    Link to the home equipment I am planning on buying. Input would be greatly appreciated.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177887171

Link to the workout regime I am planning on implementing.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177887211

Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by SQmartca View Post
    Just bought a 4x6x3/4inch stall mat with one side having a button like surface and the other side being flat. I plan on doing squats, deadlifts, overhead presses, and barbell rows on this mat. Will it having a button surface be any issue? I was just thinking of flipping it over to the flat side and using it as such? By the way, is the button surface suppose to be the base or the top?

My concern is that the button like surface might not give me a perfectly flat surface of which could cause imbalances over time?
    I recently watched a youtube video of someone who made a deadlift platform with the bumpy side up. In his comment section he wrote "I liked the bumpy side at first but I would recommend just going flat side. The bar won't roll around as much when your setting up." (The Segovias video on how to make a deadlift platform for under $100)

From what I read, the bumpy side is the base part of the stall mat and it helps prevent impact by allowing air between the buttons to cushion the slam. Do normal gyms have button based stall mats? Can a button base cause imbalances over time?
    Link to the home equipment I am planning on buying. Input would be greatly appreciated.

Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rakshar will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From what I read, the bumpy side is the base part of the stall mat and it helps prevent impact by allowing air between the buttons to cushion the slam. Do normal gyms have button based stall mats? Can a button base cause imbalances over time?
    I ended up getting Regupol rolled rubber flooring at the recommendation of multiple forum members here. I am extraordinarily happy with it but that doesn't help me further answer your questions regarding stall mats. Hopefully someone else will weigh in soon.

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    The button side goes down. This is standard construction for stall mats. They are typically either buttoned like yours, though in some of the older mats you'll also find horizontal channels. Either way, there are always gaps on the underside. From an agricultural position, this provides some improved protection against impact for horses, but it also provides a way for moisture to escape. That can be a plus in a basement as well where even the driest basements often get some seepage around the perimeter walls. You will have no issues with it provided the floor underneath is flat (just as with any flooring).

I will have this stall mat outside since the flooring in my garage is not leveled. I live in Nevada so we don't get much rain at all but will there be any maintenance i will have to do due to it being outside?

Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000) Duplicitous is just really nice. (+1000)
    I will have this stall mat outside since the flooring in my garage is not leveled. I live in Nevada so we don't get much rain at all but will there be any maintenance i will have to do due to it being outside?
    Just hose them off now and then. If they're going to be in the Nevada sun for a large portion of the day, tarping them would help with breakdown from UV rays, but honestly they're likely to last 10+ years easy regardless.

We have had a dozen of them outside our barn in northeastern weather (humid, fair amount of precipitation) for the last 14 years with 2 horses using them daily. They're in decent enough shape I could still probably get $20/ea for them on FB Marketplace.

BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000) BulkMore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Button side goes down. Mine also have these. Do not over complicate this.