Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tracking macros - label confusion

Wegmans. 95% lean 5% fat.

I scan it into MyFitnessPal and it gives me the details for 16oz uncooked. I weigh it and it's 16oz uncooked. The issue is the back of the label says a serving is 4oz uncooked and it has 12 servings per a container. I'm thinking because it came in a pack of 3? Just seems weird to put that on individual label. 600 calories and 96g protein for a pack of lean ground beef seem right?

Also, when do you season your meat in the skillet? Before or when it's pretty close to well done?

XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XinXom is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Southgeorge View Post
    Wegmans. 95% lean 5% fat.

I scan it into MyFitnessPal and it gives me the details for 16oz uncooked. I weigh it and it's 16oz uncooked. The issue is the back of the label says a serving is 4oz uncooked and it has 12 servings per a container. I'm thinking because it came in a pack of 3? Just seems weird to put that on individual label. 600 calories and 96g protein for a pack of lean ground beef seem right?

Also, when do you season your meat in the skillet? Before or when it's pretty close to well done?
    If it shows the serving for 4oz and it weighs 16oz its 4x the label not 12x. I season before but I'm no top chef I can barley use a blender without catching my house on fire .

MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000) MrCarrot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I seal the meat, then add seasoning. Sealing is where you cook the meat on all sides, but not all the way through. Season and then cook it all the way through.

Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Southgeorge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MrCarrot View Post
    I seal the meat, then add seasoning. Sealing is where you cook the meat on all sides, but not all the way through. Season and then cook it all the way through.
    Interesting so you brown all the sides. Season. Then break it up and cook it thru?