Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 46 of 46

Thread: New Nissan Z

  1. #31
    Get The Table!!!!! stev0n's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2014
    Age: 34
    Posts: 1,495
    Rep Power: 8021
    stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000) stev0n is a name known to all. (+5000)
    stev0n is offline
    I work at a Nissan/Hyundai dealership. Most of the techs drive silverados. All the "car guys" including me drive camaros & corvettes. Besides my LS swapped 240sx only one other guy there drives a Nissan & its a young kid with a 350z.

    Girl I had been dating just bought a new Rogue & I've taken it to Nashville several times & really like it. But I think it's saying something that almost no one at our Nissan dealership even dives a Nissan.
    Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King, Jr.
    I'm not saying I'm sorry. One day, maybe, we'll meet again - Jared Leto, 30 Seconds To Mars

    ~Distal Biceps Tear Crew~ 10/18/2018
    ~Former 300+lbs Crew~ Never Again
    9/8/14 - 325.0Lbs. (147.7kg) 36%BF (Omron)
    8/10/16 - 226.2Lbs. (103.2kg) 17%BF (Omron)
    Reply With Quote

  2. #32
    I'm Batman KilaByte's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2010
    Location: Massachusetts, United States
    Posts: 9,492
    Rep Power: 223106
    KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    KilaByte is offline
    Originally Posted by stev0n View Post
    I work at a Nissan/Hyundai dealership. Most of the techs drive silverados. All the "car guys" including me drive camaros & corvettes. Besides my LS swapped 240sx only one other guy there drives a Nissan & its a young kid with a 350z.

    Girl I had been dating just bought a new Rogue & I've taken it to Nashville several times & really like it. But I think it's saying something that almost no one at our Nissan dealership even dives a Nissan.
    It could also be your location, just saying
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.


    2jz, S55
    PL
    Reply With Quote

  3. #33
    RN and vette crew 1QWIK7's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Posts: 4,741
    Rep Power: 7871
    1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1QWIK7 is offline
    Originally Posted by stev0n View Post
    I work at a Nissan/Hyundai dealership. Most of the techs drive silverados. All the "car guys" including me drive camaros & corvettes. Besides my LS swapped 240sx only one other guy there drives a Nissan & its a young kid with a 350z.

    Girl I had been dating just bought a new Rogue & I've taken it to Nashville several times & really like it. But I think it's saying something that almost no one at our Nissan dealership even dives a Nissan.
    Techs would usually want to work at dealers where there's more "work", IE: cars that break down a lot.

    Salesmen would usually want to work where most average consumers would wanna buy, IE: honda, toyota, nissan etc.

    The average consumer doesn't know chit about cars and are looking for the best deal. The commercials that market them are the ones that lure them in. And even that didn't help nissan with all their commercials. I don't even watch TV a lot and i think i see more nissan commercials than any other car maker. Toyota being second.

    Honestly, what killed or is killing nissan is the CVT and their poor tech service. All of the auto tech graduate rejects seem to be scattered all over nissan dealers.

    I agree with your point, i understand if not everyone wants a V8 in their life but car makers these days, especially dodge, has made the "big V8 car" so attractive, how can you NOT like to own one? Even if you never considered one ever?
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol


    I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL
    Reply With Quote

  4. #34
    Banned tunafishha's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2014
    Age: 30
    Posts: 7,123
    Rep Power: 0
    tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500) tunafishha is not very helpful. (-500)
    tunafishha is offline
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    Honestly, what killed or is killing nissan is the CVT and their poor tech service. All of the auto tech graduate rejects seem to be scattered all over nissan dealers.
    CVTs are goat. People don't know how to use it properly which causes it to wear out qwik7er.
    Reply With Quote

  5. #35
    Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 16,259
    Rep Power: 52245
    Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jasonw1178 is offline
    Originally Posted by stev0n View Post
    I work at a Nissan/Hyundai dealership. Most of the techs drive silverados... But I think it's saying something that almost no one at our Nissan dealership even dives a Nissan.
    Checks out. I work at a Nissan dealer as a tech and drive a Silverado. One of the other master techs drives a Tahoe, most guys drive other than a Nissan mainly because you work on them all day you don't want to drive one too. I want something different than what I work on. Don't mix business with pleasure.

    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post

    Honestly, what killed or is killing nissan is the CVT and their poor tech service. All of the auto tech graduate rejects seem to be scattered all over nissan dealers.
    Nissan Master Technician here and I kind of have to agree with you on some except with Nissan is great when it comes to customer service. We cover vehicles way past their warranty periods and do more than most places to take care of customers. Better than we should honestly. However I agree about the tech service thing believe it or not. It's very hard to get people to come work as a technician for Nissans. First of all, everyone grew up working on Fords and Chevy's, even Chryslers. On the Japanese end, Hondas and Toyotas are easier to work on. A lot of guys will tap out rather quickly and they will go down the road to Hyundia, across the street to Honda or down the other side to Toyota and they will come back to visit telling us they are so glad they made the move because it's so much easier. Nissan's are quirky. Their information is very hush hush. Even Assist which is our service manual system is all in PDF form and a total bish and even after 7 years it pisses me off. I swear they do things just to fool you. All the online training they require, then the classroom requirements and finally ASE requiremets they make you complete before you can get paid diagnostic time is pretty harsh. Most of my buddies in the independent fields totally despise Nissans. We hire someone, watch them get pissed off and leave. Like I had one not long ago where sometimes it would hesitate from a stop, and then lose power going up hills. The cause of the problem was the brake lamps in the back of the vehicle. That crap will make you throw wrenches. Now once you understand Nissan's logic, which is unique, these things somewhat make sense, but I've been there 7 years, and a total of 20 years experience as a profiessional tech.

    Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    CVTs are goat. People don't know how to use it properly which causes it to wear out qwik7er.
    Right, nobody services them. That fluid gets hot and undergoes a lot of friction. Should be changed more often. However, I'll have to say this. They fixed the CVT. More reliable than most transmissions out there. Haven't replaced a single 2019+ model, few 2018's. Kind of has me worried to be honest. Not much else breaks on those things.

    EDIT: There is a new Nissan Z concept as well as a new GTR in the works. Really doubt it's going to use the 3.7L engine on the Z so probably won't be a 370Z. Don't be surprised of the new R36 GT-R shakes up the industry like the R35 did.
    Last edited by Jasonw1178; 01-25-2020 at 10:48 PM.
    Reply With Quote

  6. #36
    RN and vette crew 1QWIK7's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Posts: 4,741
    Rep Power: 7871
    1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1QWIK7 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    Checks out. I work at a Nissan dealer as a tech and drive a Silverado. One of the other master techs drives a Tahoe, most guys drive other than a Nissan mainly because you work on them all day you don't want to drive one too. I want something different than what I work on. Don't mix business with pleasure.



    Nissan Master Technician here and I kind of have to agree with you on some except with Nissan is great when it comes to customer service. We cover vehicles way past their warranty periods and do more than most places to take care of customers. Better than we should honestly. However I agree about the tech service thing believe it or not. It's very hard to get people to come work as a technician for Nissans. First of all, everyone grew up working on Fords and Chevy's, even Chryslers. On the Japanese end, Hondas and Toyotas are easier to work on. A lot of guys will tap out rather quickly and they will go down the road to Hyundia, across the street to Honda or down the other side to Toyota and they will come back to visit telling us they are so glad they made the move because it's so much easier. Nissan's are quirky. Their information is very hush hush. Even Assist which is our service manual system is all in PDF form and a total bish and even after 7 years it pisses me off. I swear they do things just to fool you. All the online training they require, then the classroom requirements and finally ASE requiremets they make you complete before you can get paid diagnostic time is pretty harsh. Most of my buddies in the independent fields totally despise Nissans. We hire someone, watch them get pissed off and leave. Like I had one not long ago where sometimes it would hesitate from a stop, and then lose power going up hills. The cause of the problem was the brake lamps in the back of the vehicle. That crap will make you throw wrenches. Now once you understand Nissan's logic, which is unique, these things somewhat make sense, but I've been there 7 years, and a total of 20 years experience as a profiessional tech.



    Right, nobody services them. That fluid gets hot and undergoes a lot of friction. Should be changed more often. However, I'll have to say this. They fixed the CVT. More reliable than most transmissions out there. Haven't replaced a single 2019+ model, few 2018's. Kind of has me worried to be honest. Not much else breaks on those things.

    EDIT: There is a new Nissan Z concept as well as a new GTR in the works. Really doubt it's going to use the 3.7L engine on the Z so probably won't be a 370Z. Don't be surprised of the new R36 GT-R shakes up the industry like the R35 did.
    I said tech service, not customer service. Meaning the technicians.

    I have 2 friends that work at nissan and they tell me what goes on in the shop. They graduated tech school 4-6 years ago between the 2 of them. And i know more mechanic chit than them. They went to school just to get the piece of paper saying they graduated. Same with the rest of the techs. I'm sure it's different at every other dealer but the dealers by me, they blow. Cars that go in for "inspection" end up staying there for DAYS. You want a brake job?? Cool no problem. Good price too. But you have to pick up your car after 1 full week. Why? because the techs don't know what they're doing. They can't assign jobs to 1 tech because they all need help. They take long. They fool around.

    I don't visit my friends at work often but during warmer months i'll stop by to pick them up for lunch and i see all the techs just hanging out like their shop is their own personal speed shop and they can do whatever they want. Just talk outside and have fun. Meanwhile a bunch of customer cars are on lifts, with no techs near it.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol


    I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL
    Reply With Quote

  7. #37
    Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 16,259
    Rep Power: 52245
    Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jasonw1178 is offline
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    I said tech service, not customer service. Meaning the technicians.

    I have 2 friends that work at nissan and they tell me what goes on in the shop. They graduated tech school 4-6 years ago between the 2 of them. And i know more mechanic chit than them. They went to school just to get the piece of paper saying they graduated. Same with the rest of the techs. I'm sure it's different at every other dealer but the dealers by me, they blow. Cars that go in for "inspection" end up staying there for DAYS. You want a brake job?? Cool no problem. Good price too. But you have to pick up your car after 1 full week. Why? because the techs don't know what they're doing. They can't assign jobs to 1 tech because they all need help. They take long. They fool around.

    I don't visit my friends at work often but during warmer months i'll stop by to pick them up for lunch and i see all the techs just hanging out like their shop is their own personal speed shop and they can do whatever they want. Just talk outside and have fun. Meanwhile a bunch of customer cars are on lifts, with no techs near it.
    These tech schools mostly (UTI, wyotech) do not teach them to become techs. It's a typical for-profit trade school. Nascar U... lol. 4-6 years in the business you're feet aren't even really wet yet. Most guys on that level are still in the express lube part and if you try to bring them back to the main shop they tap out within a few days to weeks. Nissan fukd us most places, they started this level of tech garbage where the lower techs get all the gravy work, and the higher level techs just get the headaches and warranty work, so a lot of top level techs left. A lot of people REFUSE to be promoted. That's because even if the pay rate is higher, when you are a level 2, or C tech and all you do is customer pay flushes and brakes all day you will turn 80hrs a week, then you step up and now you are turning 40hrs a week, and make less. As of right now, I'm backed up at least a week. A lot of the cars I'm getting now are cars that came from other dealers and techs who declared them as "no problem found" and they called Nissan corporate and they are being sent to me because they will know it will get fixed, but it's when I can get to it. I've given a lot of my work away to other techs but there is a lot of work only I can do, such and the electric cars, diesel titan, and rebuilding CVT transmissions. I'm one guy and I can only get so much done. Maybe if they tried to keep some guys we lost it wouldn't be so bad. Like I said, a lot of these guys left for other dealerships and lines of the business and they are a lot happier.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #38
    RN and vette crew 1QWIK7's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Posts: 4,741
    Rep Power: 7871
    1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1QWIK7 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    These tech schools mostly (UTI, wyotech) do not teach them to become techs. It's a typical for-profit trade school. Nascar U... lol. 4-6 years in the business you're feet aren't even really wet yet. Most guys on that level are still in the express lube part and if you try to bring them back to the main shop they tap out within a few days to weeks. Nissan fukd us most places, they started this level of tech garbage where the lower techs get all the gravy work, and the higher level techs just get the headaches and warranty work, so a lot of top level techs left. A lot of people REFUSE to be promoted. That's because even if the pay rate is higher, when you are a level 2, or C tech and all you do is customer pay flushes and brakes all day you will turn 80hrs a week, then you step up and now you are turning 40hrs a week, and make less. As of right now, I'm backed up at least a week. A lot of the cars I'm getting now are cars that came from other dealers and techs who declared them as "no problem found" and they called Nissan corporate and they are being sent to me because they will know it will get fixed, but it's when I can get to it. I've given a lot of my work away to other techs but there is a lot of work only I can do, such and the electric cars, diesel titan, and rebuilding CVT transmissions. I'm one guy and I can only get so much done. Maybe if they tried to keep some guys we lost it wouldn't be so bad. Like I said, a lot of these guys left for other dealerships and lines of the business and they are a lot happier.
    You are right about that. 4-6 years in the field, and they still don't lube the o-ring on the oil filters. It could be because they don't care, they forgot, or frankly they don't even think about it as if no one mentioned to them ever in their automotive life.

    I went to lincoln tech, i won't lie. But left after 2 months. They taught me nothing. Kids were too busy shooting the chit in the parking lots talking about racing, i'm in the classroom actually trying to figure out if it was a good idea me being there. The female staff is flirting with the students. I saw one financial lady get fired because she got pregnant with one of the students. It was such a waste of time and money.

    I left and studied nursing. Now not only am i making more but i think for the long term, obviously a better choice. Soon there's going to be robots phucking fixing our EV's lol. Kids were graduating, then some ended up at pepboys making 14 bucks an hour. Even though this was over a decade ago, i was making more than that, doing a regular 9-5 job lol.

    Automotive industry is phucked.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol


    I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL
    Reply With Quote

  9. #39
    Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 16,259
    Rep Power: 52245
    Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jasonw1178 is offline
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    You are right about that. 4-6 years in the field, and they still don't lube the o-ring on the oil filters. It could be because they don't care, they forgot, or frankly they don't even think about it as if no one mentioned to them ever in their automotive life.

    I went to lincoln tech, i won't lie. But left after 2 months. They taught me nothing. Kids were too busy shooting the chit in the parking lots talking about racing, i'm in the classroom actually trying to figure out if it was a good idea me being there. The female staff is flirting with the students. I saw one financial lady get fired because she got pregnant with one of the students. It was such a waste of time and money.

    I left and studied nursing. Now not only am i making more but i think for the long term, obviously a better choice. Soon there's going to be robots phucking fixing our EV's lol. Kids were graduating, then some ended up at pepboys making 14 bucks an hour. Even though this was over a decade ago, i was making more than that, doing a regular 9-5 job lol.

    Automotive industry is phucked.
    Yeah most people don't care and it shows up in their work. I don't know how many times I've had to go in behind someone and found some really stupid mistakes, such as the brake pads being upside down where the spring was on the wrong side causing uneven wear, causing noise. Where they didn't do the burnish proceedure because it takes time so they can't get onto the next gravy job, they fast cut the rotors, didn't index them properly, now it's making noise and/or vibrating. They pay me to fix it, but it doesn't come out of their pay. I feel you need to master everything you do. When I was in Nissan's training facilities I remember most guys there just did the modules so they could get past the class and go home early, and I would actually stay and try to learn things. I can't stand it if I don't know what I'm doing. When we were put in groups or had partners, you can imagine I wasn't some guys favorite partner.

    I went to a local tech college and there was some of that but not on that level. We were young and dumb back then. Of my class I was in, I only know of one other guy in that class that actually made a living working on cars. A few of them work at auto parts stores for a while, but most just did something else. Yes generally it is screwed. Yes, when you get to my level it's pretty good, but keep in mind I've been doing it 20 years and the road to this point wasnt' worth it. If I were to do anything else it would be nursing probably. Although I'm generally not cut out for that I've been told by many people I'm a good caregiver. Now nursing, there is a field where 80% of people in it aren't worth the uniform they wear. Anyways, if I had applied myself in any other field, I would have made good money sooner. First 10 years or so I went from making about 20K a year to maybe 40K a year, but it wasnt' until about 5 years ago I cracked over 50K. Not to mention how much of that money has gone to tools.
    Reply With Quote

  10. #40
    test the limits RobParks2M's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2016
    Posts: 7,017
    Rep Power: 41743
    RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) RobParks2M has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    RobParks2M is offline
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post

    Automotive industry is phucked.
    Lets be real there are a lot of things wrong with mechanic shops and most of it goes back to apathetic employees who are there to collect their hourly and nothing else. Good service comes from ownership who are hungry for every dollar they can get. If you don't have the owners doing customer service and working front lines with people things aren't going to get done particularly well.

    For example, I busted up my snowmobile and needed a few parts replaced. I went to the local dealer to see if they even had the parts and how long it would take to replace them. I went to the service department to inquire and the dummy sitting there looked up after I stood there for 3 minutes and after I explained the situation the only words he could muster were "we don't do part sales here you have to go across the street to the sales department for that" like are you fukkin kidding? If I wrecked my chit would you make me go buy every fukkin part and bring it over for you to replace? But I went and bought the parts I needed and returned to see if someone could take the 5 minutes to replace it. The only reason I bothered asking is because it required a special tool to pop off one of the bolts. This time he looked up and said "We are booked out 5+ days and we'd need to run it into the shop for a couple days for that"

    Any good business person/owner would have seen that yes, it would take 5-10 minutes and you can bill $50-100 because labor is billed by the hour and even 5 minutes becomes an hour. They could have charged me $100 and I would have walked out saying thank you for getting me going again. Instead I walked out after wasting my time twice talking to some dunce who wasn't interested in doing business. Now I know instead of paying someone to wrench for me I'll just do it myself assuming I either have the tools or someone I know does.
    Fitness connoisseur
    0.4 mg of party's over wake the FK up!
    Aspire to be fat, 45+ plus, and have at least 1 comment on every girl's bodyspace.
    "the personification of greatness"
    Reply With Quote

  11. #41
    RN and vette crew 1QWIK7's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Posts: 4,741
    Rep Power: 7871
    1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1QWIK7 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    Yeah most people don't care and it shows up in their work. I don't know how many times I've had to go in behind someone and found some really stupid mistakes, such as the brake pads being upside down where the spring was on the wrong side causing uneven wear, causing noise. Where they didn't do the burnish proceedure because it takes time so they can't get onto the next gravy job, they fast cut the rotors, didn't index them properly, now it's making noise and/or vibrating. They pay me to fix it, but it doesn't come out of their pay. I feel you need to master everything you do. When I was in Nissan's training facilities I remember most guys there just did the modules so they could get past the class and go home early, and I would actually stay and try to learn things. I can't stand it if I don't know what I'm doing. When we were put in groups or had partners, you can imagine I wasn't some guys favorite partner.

    I went to a local tech college and there was some of that but not on that level. We were young and dumb back then. Of my class I was in, I only know of one other guy in that class that actually made a living working on cars. A few of them work at auto parts stores for a while, but most just did something else. Yes generally it is screwed. Yes, when you get to my level it's pretty good, but keep in mind I've been doing it 20 years and the road to this point wasnt' worth it. If I were to do anything else it would be nursing probably. Although I'm generally not cut out for that I've been told by many people I'm a good caregiver. Now nursing, there is a field where 80% of people in it aren't worth the uniform they wear. Anyways, if I had applied myself in any other field, I would have made good money sooner. First 10 years or so I went from making about 20K a year to maybe 40K a year, but it wasnt' until about 5 years ago I cracked over 50K. Not to mention how much of that money has gone to tools.

    Jesus dude 5 years ago and only cracked 50k? So that means you spent 15 of your hard working years as a tech and didn't make 50k? I wanna feel sorry for you but i believe you truly love what you're doing, so i applaud that.

    Which brings another thing why it was a good thing i decided against automotive tech. You know how many times i busted up my hands, or cursed god, or didn't do race car chit with friends on the weekends, because i was too busy tinkering with my cars? I ended up hating it. I couldn't even imagine having to live with that nightmare every single day in order to earn a living. I rather work on cars as a hobby rather than as a career. I still do work on cars today, but the most basic chit. Oil changes, spark plugs, brakes, checking chit here and there to make sure everything is good etc. The days of me on my back on the weekend when i could be out enjoying my cars are LONG GONE. Phuck that chit.

    I broke 100k in my 2nd year as an RN. The average RN is somewhere between 65-75k but when your good friends with a DON (director of nurusing) at one of the biggest hospitals in the state, then you can get hookups easily. The only downside is i actually do have to work. ANd i have a lot of assistants i have to look out for. It's like being a manager almost. If they phuck up, they look at me.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol


    I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL
    Reply With Quote

  12. #42
    Registered User BullittEV's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2012
    Location: San Diego, California, United States
    Age: 33
    Posts: 10,064
    Rep Power: 52567
    BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BullittEV has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    BullittEV is offline
    Nissan pulling a 90's Ford playbook
    USMC 0311
    *Ice Hockey/Lacrosse Crew*
    *fukkin zeezbrah when pickin up chicks but do one thing to fuk it up/cant sustain after that night crew*
    *C7 GS Vette Crew*
    Reply With Quote

  13. #43
    Registered User pakmansc300's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2006
    Location: chi-town, IL
    Posts: 2,422
    Rep Power: 332
    pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50) pakmansc300 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    pakmansc300 is offline
    Still a big fan of the 370z. A great looking car that's 6speed, RWD, and a big v6 that you can get for cheap on the used market. I enjoy the 7AT version as well. Definitely wouldn't buy it new.

    The new Z should be pretty good especially if they're going to use the 3.0TT motor. Rumors of the Nismo version putting out 500HP
    Too Big, Too Strong, Too Fast, Too Good!
    Reply With Quote

  14. #44
    Manlet with Credentials Jasonw1178's Avatar
    Join Date: Dec 2012
    Posts: 16,259
    Rep Power: 52245
    Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jasonw1178 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jasonw1178 is offline
    Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    Jesus dude 5 years ago and only cracked 50k? So that means you spent 15 of your hard working years as a tech and didn't make 50k? I wanna feel sorry for you but i believe you truly love what you're doing, so i applaud that.

    Which brings another thing why it was a good thing i decided against automotive tech. You know how many times i busted up my hands, or cursed god, or didn't do race car chit with friends on the weekends, because i was too busy tinkering with my cars? I ended up hating it. I couldn't even imagine having to live with that nightmare every single day in order to earn a living. I rather work on cars as a hobby rather than as a career. I still do work on cars today, but the most basic chit. Oil changes, spark plugs, brakes, checking chit here and there to make sure everything is good etc. The days of me on my back on the weekend when i could be out enjoying my cars are LONG GONE. Phuck that chit.

    I broke 100k in my 2nd year as an RN. The average RN is somewhere between 65-75k but when your good friends with a DON (director of nurusing) at one of the biggest hospitals in the state, then you can get hookups easily. The only downside is i actually do have to work. ANd i have a lot of assistants i have to look out for. It's like being a manager almost. If they phuck up, they look at me.
    Yeah pretty much it was that bad. I left a few times. I even drove a semi for two years, made more money doing that then I ever did working on cars until more recently of course. Main reason I came back was my grandmother needed me when she got too old to drive and do many things. Didn't want her to go to assisted living or anything. Driving a truck, they don't like to bring you home much and the only way to make good money is to stay out. I really do love it, can't see myself doing anything else. When I came back, went to the Nissan dealer I found my nitch I guess. Saw the light on what I had to do to make it, told them I don't want more pay, I want more training and took advantage of it. Now I"m in a good place but the road here sucked. Maybe should have had the right attitude from the get-go, I don't know. If I worked more I could make over 100K, but I haven't because my grandmother went into hospice. She passed about a month ago, still dealing with that. Glad I did that though. As a hobby it was fun, as a career it's different. I wish all I did was worked on cars but there is so much more to it. The politics and paperwork takes up so much time and energy. There really are some cool aspects to doing what I do. Such as I go to lunch when I want, pretty much do what I want as long as the job gets done. I bring my dog to work about once a week. She sits by my toolbox and watches me work. My GF comes and brings lunch and sometimes she just hangs out with me. Oh, and it's locker room talk all of the time.

    I'll put it this way. You can make a lot of money working on cars. You can make a lot of money teaching. If you go into either one for the money, you're going to be disappointed.
    Reply With Quote

  15. #45
    RN and vette crew 1QWIK7's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2006
    Posts: 4,741
    Rep Power: 7871
    1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    1QWIK7 is offline
    Originally Posted by Jasonw1178 View Post
    Yeah pretty much it was that bad. I left a few times. I even drove a semi for two years, made more money doing that then I ever did working on cars until more recently of course. Main reason I came back was my grandmother needed me when she got too old to drive and do many things. Didn't want her to go to assisted living or anything. Driving a truck, they don't like to bring you home much and the only way to make good money is to stay out. I really do love it, can't see myself doing anything else. When I came back, went to the Nissan dealer I found my nitch I guess. Saw the light on what I had to do to make it, told them I don't want more pay, I want more training and took advantage of it. Now I"m in a good place but the road here sucked. Maybe should have had the right attitude from the get-go, I don't know. If I worked more I could make over 100K, but I haven't because my grandmother went into hospice. She passed about a month ago, still dealing with that. Glad I did that though. As a hobby it was fun, as a career it's different. I wish all I did was worked on cars but there is so much more to it. The politics and paperwork takes up so much time and energy. There really are some cool aspects to doing what I do. Such as I go to lunch when I want, pretty much do what I want as long as the job gets done. I bring my dog to work about once a week. She sits by my toolbox and watches me work. My GF comes and brings lunch and sometimes she just hangs out with me. Oh, and it's locker room talk all of the time.

    I'll put it this way. You can make a lot of money working on cars. You can make a lot of money teaching. If you go into either one for the money, you're going to be disappointed.
    It wasn't a jab at your job. We all do what is best for us. I just found it shocking how it took you that long to pass 50k annually. Although probably depends on location. But 50k, where i live in NJ, gets you almost nothing. At LEAST 70k to live comfortable. Meaning decent apt/condo, decent car, disposable income to go out, buy clothes and chit etc.

    But hearing your posts just made me even more happier i didn't pursue automotive. I won't say i was good at working on cars but i definitely wasn't an idiot compared to some of the things i saw during that time. I probably would have ended up at a big name dealer, who knows how much i was making. But i was making more during my job as i was going to lincoln tech vs the kids who already graduated. Maybe bad job placement by the LT staff. Maybe poor decisions by the graduates themselves, or maybe just bad timing. Who knows. But i knew i made the wrong choice back then and i fully appreciate me not pursuing that now.

    I know you can make a lot of money working on cars. But again it depends where, your connections and your skill level. There's a speed shop by me hiring techs to work on performance cars, mostly LS based. And they are starting at 55k IIRC. So again, not too too terrible, but definitely not good. At least by my standards and the area i live in.

    Anything in the medical field, is guarantee money and guarantee work. Especially a nurse. Male nurses are on the rise because females are mentally and physically weak. You know how many times i caught a female nurse crying because she went into a room and found the patient dead? I would see them cry hysterically and had to leave the floor. It's a sad moment but you can't just do that. If i wanted to land a job that's instant riches, i'd be a banker or some investor. But didn't do that.

    My prayers go out to you and your family for your grandmother though
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol


    I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL
    Reply With Quote

  16. #46
    Tuna, No Crust Jax05's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2011
    Posts: 22,334
    Rep Power: 76100
    Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Jax05 is offline
    man, you guys get carried away
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts