Bond232518 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Stronger Gym performance or Stronger Diet

So I'm doing low carb, I weigh my food (and like to cook at home so its not a big deal) and eat under 20gs of net carbs a day and around 1600-1800 calories.
    I'm looking to trim down and get that definition on the lower abs.

Anyways I've also been doing IF, but I've noticed that if I do IF my morning gym session is worse (I think eating something the night before seems to really help morning sessions).
    BTW I DO eat something in the morning before the gym.

If I eat at night before the gym then I can't do IF, but if I do IF then I will be getting not as good perforamcne in the gym (like worse form and weights feeling heavier etc lower energy for cardio etc)

What do you guys think is better: Do IF and have slightly worse form or forget IF and have better morning gym sessions.
    Which is more conducive to getting a more "lean and cut" physique.

Thanks

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    IF isn't doing anything directly for your form (do you mean your appearance/physique?) It can help you to eat in a deficit but limiting the number of hours during which you eat but that's it. If it's inhibiting your gym performance and that's important to you, don't do it.

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    IF isn't doing anything directly for your form (do you mean your appearance/physique?) It can help you to eat in a deficit but limiting the number of hours during which you eat but that's it. If it's inhibiting your gym performance and that's important to you, don't do it.
    I just find when I do IF and then work out in the morning I'm not getting as strong a performance as in. My session is more difficult and its harder to maintain proper form (as the weights feel heavier).

I'm already fine deficit wise as I track carbs and calories.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Bond232518 View Post
    I just find when I do IF and then work out in the morning I'm not getting as strong a performance as in. My session is more difficult and its harder to maintain proper form (as the weights feel heavier).

I'm already fine deficit wise as I track carbs and calories.
    Assuming you want a stronger gym performance, stop IFing or change your IF schedule or have a snack really late so that you feel better in the morning. Any one of those could help.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Why are you doing IF?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Why are you doing IF?
    Lose weight trim down. Trying combining it with low cal and below 20 net gs of carbs.

Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Lose weight trim down. Trying combining it with low cal and below 20 net gs of carbs.
    IF is of no benefit. Your overall weekly calories will determine fatloss\gain. Those low carbs are killing your energy. Get off IF and get on a more balanced diet macro wise.

IF is of no benefit. Your overall weekly calories will determine fatloss\gain. Those low carbs are killing your energy. Get off IF and get on a more balanced diet macro wise.
    Yea I'm getting the feeling IF is not of great value to me personally, the low carb thing to be honest doesn't affect me much energy wise oddly enough.

Yea I'm getting the feeling IF is not of great value to me personally, the low carb thing to be honest doesn't affect me much energy wise oddly enough.
    how do you know carbs aren’t a factor

how do you know carbs aren’t a factor
    Can never know 100% for sure, but I've done below 20g without IF before and still had good performances compared to when I didnt do 20g. BUT when I do morning workouts after 20g and IF then I've noticed a huge slump in performance.