Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

The Road to Tobi's Full Natural Potential

12/28/20 (Yesterday)

Pre pandemic and beginning of the pandemic the 100lb sandbag was hard to carry. Not only because it was too heavy also due to cardio and old nagging injuries. Since my cold sleep prevented me to do weighted pistol squats I went to try the 100lb sandbag. I did 2 rounds of 2 rotations around my driveway with 100lb sandbag walks and picking up the sandbag felt light as ever. My cardio is better than ever and strength is coming back though I haven't touched a barbell or heavy weight since March 2020 but I am getting strength and muscle back from calisthenics. Not to mention I was able to walk and jog 2 days ago for a good distance. After the sandbag walks I did a good amount of jump rope with a 25lb weight vest. I could have done a lot more with the jump rope but always leave more in the tank for next time and quit while you are ahead. I will add these cardio and GPP sessions if I can't do pistol squats and at least do these cardio and sandbag sessions at least once a week.

12/29/20

Bodyweight Dips Superset Bodyweight Wide Grip Pullups
    5 reps each exercise for 2 supersets

Didn't train last week rested. Also haven't done sets of 5 reps in a while especially pullups. Especially full range of motion pullups. So stopped before it got hard as always save room in the tank. Will go for more next week. Dips always conservative to keep more in the tank plus the way my dip stand is set up I had to use a 50lb dumbbell to make it not shake and make it less of a ring dip
    My Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tobi_alder_strength_coach/

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfUnpHsz47yT0WkkThQOOZA?view_as=subscriber

My Online Strength Coach Website: tobistrength.com

SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Best lifts:
    Bench press: 315x4, 345x1
    Squat: 465x1
    Strict press: 185x8, 195x5, 215x1
    Deadlift: 405x13 (conv tap'n'go with straps)

tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) tobistrength is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by SaviorSelfJT View Post
    I am strictly running this log until further notice. The first log prior is terminated. I basically wanted to change the name because I decided I like this name better so I'm sticking with this log. Thanks for stopping by.

My YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfUnpHsz47yT0WkkThQOOZA?view_as=subscriber

12/30/20

Too tired to workout today for some reason. Was supposed to be cardio but too sleepy and sluggish. So taking off. Normally even strength training if warmups or few work sets or reps feel like chit I stop and do it another week. Today is one of those days. At least I did more than I expected on Monday. I will do more this week and next week if not tired. Total body awareness and longevity I will lift until I die

1/1/21 Workout

25lb Weighted Chinups superset 25lb Pike Pushups
    4 reps each for 4 supersets

Wasn't bad. Stopped at the 4th set so it doesn't get hard after. Full range of motion on the weighted chinups all the way down for a deadhang and full head above the bar each rep. Pike pushups are fine but I want a way to actually progress on this so I can do handstand pushups again. Either way I am getting strong again and started the year doing what I do most which is exercise. Also getting down to business and going after life goals. Happy New Year.

Today's Workout

1/2/21

Sandbag Carries
    100lb for 2 laps
    100lb for 2 laps jogged with it

Stopped here though I had a third set. Always save for later. Sandbag is light as ever. Getting my cardio back. Felt less awkward to carry. Makes me want to get my cardio up this year. Lights up potential to do even more strongman competitions in the future.

Jump Rope with a 25lb Weight Vest (Bodyweight 260lbs)
    3 rounds of 30 to 60 seconds

Cardio is coming up. Again quit while I'm ahead I had a lot more. Slowly getting up and gaining back fitness. Even calf development is improving. My 260lb self along with an extra 25lb attached doing jump rope I'm gaining skill back. Looking forward to my cardio and calisthenics gains before I get stronger with weights again.

Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000) Ondle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You were on alphadestinys channel right? I remember you. Didn’t know you posted here bro. I’ll be following.

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Enjoying your training log! Subbed in.
    Workout Log:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=179207031

Originally Posted by Ondle View Post
    You were on alphadestinys channel right? I remember you. Didn’t know you posted here bro. I’ll be following.
    Yessir that is me Tobi from AlphaDestiny. Welcome to my log great to have you here.

Originally Posted by JohnButz View Post
    Enjoying your training log! Subbed in.
    Appreciate it buddy. I will be checking in your log too. Good stuff

Today's Workout

1/4/21

5 Dips superset 5 pullups
    Did 3 supersets

Slowly but surely progressing. Added one superset from last week. Good enough.

Did an hour neighborhood walk/jog/sprint. A lot of sprints even. Wasn't even tired. My physical fitness is getting a lot better. The sandbags are lighter to carry and feel less awkward. Jump rope feels better even being as heavy as I am and the extra 25lb weight vest feels like nothing. I even have strongman in my future as my conditioning is getting better and even my carrying.

SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SaviorSelfJT has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tobistrength View Post
    Today's Workout

1/4/21

5 Dips superset 5 pullups
    Did 3 supersets

Slowly but surely progressing. Added one superset from last week. Good enough.

Did an hour neighborhood walk/jog/sprint. A lot of sprints even. Wasn't even tired. My physical fitness is getting a lot better. The sandbags are lighter to carry and feel less awkward. Jump rope feels better even being as heavy as I am and the extra 25lb weight vest feels like nothing. I even have strongman in my future as my conditioning is getting better and even my carrying.
    Are you still training with weights? Or recovering from an injury/sickness?

Btw, just revisited your youtube. You're WAY stronger that I thought you were originally lol, based off that best lifts of 2020 video
    Best lifts:

Are you still training with weights? Or recovering from an injury/sickness?

Btw, just revisited your youtube. You're WAY stronger that I thought you were originally lol, based off that best lifts of 2020 video
    LMAO yeah based on this log you never would have guessed I was that strong. Long story short I dropped 35lbs of bodyweight a lot of fat but also muscle. Gained 10lbs back more muscle than fat. During the 35lb weight loss I rarely trained and that weight loss was from March 2020 to September 2020. I rarely trained that period too which is also why I lost strength. I am on my 10th week back training seriously again. I am doing calisthenics until it is safe to go back to the gym again as I live with people at risk and I didn't want to catch covid and give it to them. But I will return to doing weights soon.

Yesterday's Workout

1/5/21

Weighted Pistol Squats
    30lbs x 4 reps x 5 sets

Volume PR. Had 1 or 2 more sets but take every small victory. Quit while I'm ahead. Bodyweight was 265lbs after the session.

1/6/21 to 1/7/21

Heavily sore from pistol squats. Also lost motivation some how my mood was not good head wise. Doesn't normally happen.

1/8/21

25lb Weighted Chinups x 4 reps superset 25lb Pike Pushups x 6 reps for 3 supersets

Took it easy this week as I was just getting motivation again. At least I came in and did work

1/11/21

Weighted Pistol Squats
    30lbs x 4 reps x 5 sets right leg
    30lbs x 4 reps x 4 sets left leg
    30lbs x 3 reps left leg

After the 3rd set of 4 my legs were pumped. I pretty much peaked with pistol squats doing 5 sets of 4 reps with 30lbs weighing around 260lbs bodyweight. Today I just didn't have it but I still did it and I knew when to back off. Just an active deload next week then pick up again.

Today's Workout

1/12/21

Dips Superset Pullups
    5 sets of 5 reps each exercise

Did a 5x5 superset with each exercise. Dips ain't much but I am pretty conservative on those and I'm still getting stronger on them. Pullups strength coming back

JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JohnButz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by tobistrength View Post
    Today's Workout

1/12/21

Dips Superset Pullups
    5 sets of 5 reps each exercise

Did a 5x5 superset with each exercise. Dips ain't much but I am pretty conservative on those and I'm still getting stronger on them. Pullups strength coming back
    Awesome session! Do you have a home gym/garage gym?
    Workout Log:

Awesome session! Do you have a home gym/garage gym?
    Thank you. I have a dip and pullup station in the garage. Also light dumbbells and weight vests and sandbags. I've mainly been doing calisthenics for strength and muscle until I get my vaccine and go back to the gym and hit the barbell. I mainly do barbell, dumbbell, strongman sometimes, and calisthenics anyway even pre covid. As far as full home gym that will come eventually.

1/13/21 Workout

100lb Sandbag Walks for 2 rounds of 2 laps

Will keep doing 2 sets of 2 laps until it becomes too easy I will add a 3rd set. This is still more than I have done lately and I've been doing it for a few weeks. Not to long ago a 100lb sandbag was pretty heavy and my injuries made it seem more awkward to hold

25lb Weighted Vest Jump Rope for 3 sets of 30ish seconds

Conservative on these. Getting easier and better at these. Will slowly increase

1/15/21 Workout

25lb Weighted Chinups x 4 reps superset 25lb Weighted Pseudo Planche Pushups x 3 reps
    Did 4 supersets. Slow and steady increases on these. Also the Pseudo Planche Pushups I rarely do I really feel them in my shoulders well.

Saw your YouTube video about possibly getting a home gym. I’ve been keeping an eye on inventory and it seems like supply is catching up. I randomly went to rogues website and saw 100lb cast iron plates in stock about a week ago if you can believe that. I got a pair of 45s from rogue by signing up for their email alert and buying as soon as I got an email

And totally agree about not gaining so much weight to maybe get a bigger PR for deadlifts. Unless your going for world records doesn’t seem worth it to sacrifice your health to such a degree.

And something we all learn at some point is that normal people don’t care how much weight we can lift. Whether it’s 400, 600, 800 or a 1000 lbs almost everyone gives no fuks. And even if you do hit a huge lift like a 500 lb bench other people won’t think it’s as impressive cause a normal person is so used to seeing the spotter help, or the lift being done on a smith machine, or someone whose seen powerlifting might assume you’re using a huge arch, 3 inches of ROM, and a bench shirt.

All that to say that it’s logical to not sacrifice your health for this
    Best lifts:

Saw your YouTube video about possibly getting a home gym. I’ve been keeping an eye on inventory and it seems like supply is catching up. I randomly went to rogues website and saw 100lb cast iron plates in stock about a week ago if you can believe that. I got a pair of 45s from rogue by signing up for their email alert and buying as soon as I got an email

And totally agree about not gaining so much weight to maybe get a bigger PR for deadlifts. Unless your going for world records doesn’t seem worth it to sacrifice your health to such a degree.

And something we all learn at some point is that normal people don’t care how much weight we can lift. Whether it’s 400, 600, 800 or a 1000 lbs almost everyone gives no fuks. And even if you do hit a huge lift like a 500 lb bench other people won’t think it’s as impressive cause a normal person is so used to seeing the spotter help, or the lift being done on a smith machine, or someone whose seen powerlifting might assume you’re using a huge arch, 3 inches of ROM, and a bench shirt.

All that to say that it’s logical to not sacrifice your health for this
    I agree. Unless this is your living and your life is dedicated to your lifting goals and it pays the bills and you are after being the absolute best, being too fat or even on steroids for that matter to a severe degree if any is not worth having a short lifespan for. As for me I'm already heavy in bodyweight as is and I am natural and I can get between 240 and low 300lbs in a lifetime without taking anything at 6 foot 1 inch. If I take steroids or purposely get fatter I will just not see 70 yet alone 60 or 50. And this is from being natural and carrying around that much bodyweight. At times carrying so much bodyweight is taxing for me. But for several years I'm naturally a big dude. I carry a lot of weight. I've been over 200lbs since I was 16 years old. I'm going to be 29 years old in less than 2 months. I do agree that most people don't even care about your lifts outside of the lifting world. Because most people don't even lift or know what the lifts are. Most people won't even know the difference a lot of people just see what you look like. I try to somewhat look the part. I obviously mostly care about strength but not for other people as I knew coming into this most people wouldn't be into it nor understand I lift for myself and my own goals and what I can control by myself. As far as the home gym goes I am slowly getting one in the works. Besides my weight vests and dip and pullup station I am getting another half of my 50lb dumbbell set and I already have a weight bench but only without the bench press setup or even a barbell. I will get a home gym eventually. I will soon even get my vaccine then get back to the gym.

1/16/21

Took an hour walk/jog

Today's Workout

1/18/21

Weighted Pistol Squats
    30lbs x 10 reps right leg PR
    30lbs x 10ish reps left leg PR

To be honest form was iffy on one or two reps but as a means of not having balance. I could have done 12 reps but no need to 10 reps alone was a milestone even with just my bodyweight. The 2 15lb dumbbells are used for balance making it easier but it is still resistance as if I just used my bodyweight I would have no balance altogether. I also weigh 265lbs after the session and my bodyweight will seem to fluctuate between 250lbs and 275lbs the following year as my weight goes up and down and I will eventually gain more size and muscle back as I get stronger and even when I probably go back to the gym and get strong and more muscle with some fat. At the same time bodyweight will go down at some points and I will get less fat.

Very strong work on those pistols Brother!
    Workout Log:

Very strong work on those pistols Brother!
    Appreciate it buddy. Slowly coming back. My best was 100lbs for 3 reps each leg when I weighed 250lbs. Now 30lbs for 10 reps weighing 265lbs. My legs and knees burned towards the 10 reps lol.

1/19/21 Workout

Pullups
    7 sets of 5 reps

Volume PR. Went all the way down and head was over the bar. Getting strong on these again.

Dumbbell Standing Strict OHP
    25s for 7 sets of 10 reps

I superset these with the pullups. I was conservative on these as I knew I would get a lot of sets of pullups and I haven't shoulder pressed in months. Plus I knew I would do high reps so I did the bare minimum 10 reps a set taken I am doing a lot of sets and also full range of motion and no leg drive focusing on form.

Dumbbell Curls
    10s for 3 sets of 25 reps

Pushups
    3 sets of 10 reps

I superset the curls and pushups. I could have continued but it was boring. I just wanted the bare minimum as I had other things to do.

1/21/21 Workout

The 21st day of the 21st century in 2021. Palindrome days

Dumbbell One Leg RDLs
    50s x 8 reps x 3 sets

So 100lbs for 3 sets of 8 reps. I constantly lost balance. Never doing these again. Going to use two legs for dumbbell RDLs and do stupidly high reps

1/22/21

Weighted Chinups Superset Weighted Dips
    25lbs x 4 reps x 6 supersets

Dumbbell Reverse Curls
    15s x 8 reps x 3 sets

Dumbbell Bench Press
    50s x 8 reps x 3 sets

Superset the curls and bench press. By the time I got to bench press I was fatigued. I also had to slowly lower the dumbbells at the end of the set on each side so they don't go through the floor.

1/25/21

Dumbbell Bulgarian Split Squats
    25s x 3 reps x 2 sets each leg
    50s x 5 reps x 4 sets each leg

Strength wise these were super easy. I was just learning the movement and balance was pretty hard. With practice I was getting better with balance. What I have for now until I get my vaccines and go back to the gym. At least I can still train legs. As far as the flat bench press it is a matter of the dumbbells not going through the floor otherwise the weights would have been heavier. But its not always about heavier yet quality first over quantity we all know I am strong

1/26/21 Workout

Pullups
    4 sets of 6 reps

Dumbbell Standing Strict Ohp
    25s x 12 reps x 4 sets

Superset Pullups and Dumbbell Ohp

Dumbbell Curls
    3 sets of 15 reps with the 25s

Pushups
    12 reps for 2 sets
    15 reps last set

Dumbbell curls superset with pushups

1/27/21 Workout

Off due to rain or snow I forgot. I was going to do sandbag walks and weighted jump rope.

1/28/21 Workout

Dumbbell RDLs

50s for 5 sets of 6 reps

1/29/21 Workout

Off because I was super busy. Not worried I will still make progress and sometimes life gets in the way. The gym is always there.

1/30/21 - 1/31/21

Off days. Saturday would be cardio if in the mood. Sunday would be off.

2/1/21 Workout

Belt Squats

50lb Dumbbell for 5 sets of 20 reps

Piston style continuous reps. Felt the burn. Will build reps and volume. For mass. Not always about the weight. Getting so much out of so little.

2/2/21 Workout

Pullups
    6 reps

Lats and biceps felt strained each rep so stopped.

Standing Dumbbell Strict Ohp
    25s for 12 reps

Even shoudlers took a hit. Yes I struggled with the 25s standing. I could have done at least 10 more reps but no point little benefit at the moment. My best on seated dumbbell shoulder press when I was strong was the 100s for 15 reps or 110s for 9 reps.

Shoveled snow for a very long time and body is just broken down in general and mind is very accelerated. Something was going to give. I will be back as usual nothing like an active deload and listening to my body won't fix. The end goal is always going to be there.

Nice work Tobi!
    Workout Log:

I'm sure once you get access to real weights your strength will come back really quickly. I'm sure you'll soon be using those 25lb dumbells as backscratchers instead of exercise equipment
    Best lifts:

Nice work Tobi!
    Thank you John.

I'm sure once you get access to real weights your strength will come back really quickly. I'm sure you'll soon be using those 25lb dumbells as backscratchers instead of exercise equipment
    Back scratcher,
    Throw you in back of the dump,
    Piece of garbage like a wack rapper.
    And boo your corny as* off the stage,
    then clap back at ya.

Yeah this good old muscle IQ test

Anywho

2/4/21 Workout

Dumbbell RDLs
    50s x 7 reps x 2 sets

Called it here. Active Recovery.

2/5/21 Workout

Off day. Let my body heal.

2/8/21 Workout

Dumbbell Hip Belt Squats Piston Reps
    50lbs x 20 reps x 6 sets

Quit while ahead. Feel a nice pump and size comeback in my legs and also challenging and effective enough workout with light weight

2/9/21 Workout

Pullups
    5 sets of 6 reps

Current Volume PR.

Dumbbell Standing Strict OHP
    25s x 12 reps x 5 sets

Like toys. Superset the Pullups and Standing Strict Ohp

Dumbbell Curls
    25s x 20 reps x 2 sets

Pushups
    2 sets of 12 reps

Superset curls and pushups

Good couple of sessions Tobi! Those hip belt pistols are awesome man!
    Workout Log: