Elture is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Feeling of forearm/shin splints on clavicles?

I have been lifting for 2 years now, and before that did track and field for 2 years. I left track and field because of shin splints which weren't healing even with rest and hurt like hell on sprints. I joined the gym, and after about a year i got forearm splints, which have also taken a huge amount of time to heal, although nowadays they don't hurt as much.

However, the past two weeks i've started getting the same feeling on my clavicles, first on the right side, and now on both. The pain comes from benching but i'm not being able to understand what's wrong or how to fix it.
    I have a habit of spending tons of time sitting on a chair so I've developed Anterior Pelvic Tilt and forward shoulders, but i'm taking care of them now and both conditions are alot better.

My major problem is: the clavicle pain showed up when I put more attention into rotator cuff work. I thought maybe it could be because since i have better posture, the tendons around the bone are stretching and inflamming? But when i took a week of benching the pain completely went away. I try my best to have good form, my elbows don't flare and i stack my shoulders. For some reason, whenever i do that motion of pulling shoulders down and back, my clavicles start to hurt.

I'd really appreciate any input on this, there's tons of info on shin and forearm splints but none on this type of pain which feels like the exact same to the other two. Also, could it be a warning sign for me to have had all 3? I believe i have poor circulation, since i'm really prone to mild frostbite on my hands and feet, could this also mean i don't have enough blood supply to tendons and it's causing them to inflame? If so, is there any type of medication for this sort of injury? I treated the shin and forearm splints with exercise and stretching, not rest. What should i do for clavicles? Strengthening rotator cuff seems to be causing pain, but it wouldn't make sense to strengthen the chest since i already have an imbalance of that sort.

Thanks for any help

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Elture View Post
    I have been lifting for 2 years now, and before that did track and field for 2 years. I left track and field because of shin splints which weren't healing even with rest and hurt like hell on sprints. I joined the gym, and after about a year i got forearm splints, which have also taken a huge amount of time to heal, although nowadays they don't hurt as much.

However, the past two weeks i've started getting the same feeling on my clavicles, first on the right side, and now on both. The pain comes from benching but i'm not being able to understand what's wrong or how to fix it.
    I have a habit of spending tons of time sitting on a chair so I've developed Anterior Pelvic Tilt and forward shoulders, but i'm taking care of them now and both conditions are alot better.

My major problem is: the clavicle pain showed up when I put more attention into rotator cuff work. I thought maybe it could be because since i have better posture, the tendons around the bone are stretching and inflamming? But when i took a week of benching the pain completely went away. I try my best to have good form, my elbows don't flare and i stack my shoulders. For some reason, whenever i do that motion of pulling shoulders down and back, my clavicles start to hurt.

I'd really appreciate any input on this, there's tons of info on shin and forearm splints but none on this type of pain which feels like the exact same to the other two. Also, could it be a warning sign for me to have had all 3? I believe i have poor circulation, since i'm really prone to mild frostbite on my hands and feet, could this also mean i don't have enough blood supply to tendons and it's causing them to inflame? If so, is there any type of medication for this sort of injury? I treated the shin and forearm splints with exercise and stretching, not rest. What should i do for clavicles? Strengthening rotator cuff seems to be causing pain, but it wouldn't make sense to strengthen the chest since i already have an imbalance of that sort.

Thanks for any help

It's not good to forcing your body with scapula que back and down. When you do that your clavicle goes down and starts impinging first rib, which can lead to some serious problems with brachial plexus, eventually symptoms like arm weakness, some tingling and even coldness can apear if the clavicle put also pressure on artery. Scapula back and down while bench pressing is safe for shoulders yes but you cannot force is too much and especially if you have deprerssed shoulders because of bad posture and many people have it ... To take off the pressure from clavicles you need to raise your shoulders by doing some shrugs and basically include more lifts overhead.
    Last edited by Szyszak; 01-21-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Elture is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Szyszak View Post
    It's not good to forcing your body with scapula que back and down. When you do that your clavicle goes down and starts impinging first rib, which can lead to some serious problems with brachial plexus, eventually symptoms like arm weakness, some tingling and even coldness can apear if the clavicle put also pressure on artery. Scapula back and down while bench pressing is safe for shoulders yes but you cannot force is too much and especially if you have deprerssed shoulders because of bad posture and many people have it ... To take off the pressure from clavicles you need to raise your shoulders by doing some shrugs and basically include more lifts overhead.
    So putting scapula back and down isn't considered good posture? I thought it might be since it makes your chest pop out, but to be honest I do get pain when I do that. I've never done shrugs, I thought heavy deadlifting might be good enough since right now my goal is more leaning towards strength than aesthetics. But like I said, this pain showed up when i started pain more attention to my posture.

By the way, my upper traps feel pretty sore whenever I touch them. Could this be a sign of them being too weak? I'll add shrugs to my workouts like you said and stop depressing scapula for posture. What do you recommend then for keeping a nice straight back and not letting shoulders roll over? Pushing chest out seems to be a nice cue, but after a while my spinal erectors get a bit sore. Is this a sign I'm doing it wrong?

Thanks for your help, I never expected anyone to reply

Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10) Szyszak is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Elture View Post
    So putting scapula back and down isn't considered good posture? I thought it might be since it makes your chest pop out, but to be honest I do get pain when I do that. I've never done shrugs, I thought heavy deadlifting might be good enough since right now my goal is more leaning towards strength than aesthetics. But like I said, this pain showed up when i started pain more attention to my posture.

By the way, my upper traps feel pretty sore whenever I touch them. Could this be a sign of them being too weak? I'll add shrugs to my workouts like you said and stop depressing scapula for posture. What do you recommend then for keeping a nice straight back and not letting shoulders roll over? Pushing chest out seems to be a nice cue, but after a while my spinal erectors get a bit sore. Is this a sign I'm doing it wrong?

Thanks for your help, I never expected anyone to reply
    Yes, scapula back and down is not good, especially if you forcing it too much. People do this while bench press to safe their shoulders which is fine but even at this movement you shouldnt really pack your shoulder back and down as much as you can. This is the worst que of scapula for people who have rounded shoulders and downly rotated. If someone keeps doing it and dont include in his workout shrugs which can help in upward rotation and take of the pressure from clavicle he can end up with thoracic outlet syndrome. Your body needs to be in neutral position, dont force anything. Try to stand and sit straight, do some stretches (chest, lats) before workout session and your posture will be better over time. Yes most of the time, upper traps feel sore because they are too weak to hold you in neutral position, cause all that big muscles like chest, lats bring your shoulders to downward rotation, your upper traps have to do a lot of work by trying to keep u in neutral, and if you dont pay attention to them, they will become very tight and sore.