DenisCoca20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Cheat days after anorexia

Hello,i struggled with anorexia for 1.5 years(started at 16),i was eating 500-1000 kcal a days.At my lowest i had 33 kg at 172 cm.Last year in December i started recovery but i was eating a lot and what i craved till January then i started counting my calories and started recover(ate 2000-2800 kcal/day)i got into gym,i trained very hard.Now i have 82 kgs and i have 175 cm(i grew in recovery).I have alot of muscle mass.Now im eating 2000 kcal to lose weight,2300-2400 is maintaining for me.Could cheat days boost my metabolism (and the damage i did in the past) ?I cheated every weekend and i ate like 5000 kcal a day (clean)But just my face become more puffy next two days,but no fat gained.Should i try to increase my daily calories?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DenisCoca20 View Post
    Hello,i struggled with anorexia for 1.5 years(started at 16),i was eating 500-1000 kcal a days.At my lowest i had 33 kg at 172 cm.Last year in December i started recovery but i was eating a lot and what i craved till January then i started counting my calories and started recover(ate 2000-2800 kcal/day)i got into gym,i trained very hard.Now i have 82 kgs and i have 175 cm(i grew in recovery).I have alot of muscle mass.Now im eating 2000 kcal to lose weight,2300-2400 is maintaining for me.Could cheat days boost my metabolism (and the damage i did in the past) ?I cheated every weekend and i ate like 5000 kcal a day (clean)But just my face become more puffy next two days,but no fat gained.Should i try to increase my daily calories?
    First of all, I don't know if you got professional help, but you need to if you're still struggling with this kind of thought process.

Bottom-line, as someone who is CURRENTLY in recovery from an ED, I suggest you work to get this concept of 'cheat meals' out of your head, because it will do nothing but reinforce the negative association with food.

I also think you're doing yourself a massive disservice with the meticulous calorie counting and shooting for 'leanness' when you should be focusing on NOT caring about your body image, and just feeling good and getting strong.

In short, no, you should not have 'cheat days'. Someone with a history of an ED need to stop obsessive over numbers, stop thinking in terms of 'cheats', 'clean foods', etc, and focus on breaking these pointless thought patterns.

If you're wanting more food, you need to eat more food. PERIOD.
    Last edited by AdamWW; 01-20-2020 at 09:26 AM.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Smile I got proffesional help

And i dont think i said it correctly,i dont do cheat days,more like refeed days (eat alot of rice,potatoes foods like this,clean)But my calories are like 5000.If in a 300 deficit,i go on 79,5 kg,if then i start eat the 300 kcal back i go on 79 (both weekly average).Could it be due cortisole?Thanks anyway

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Eating almost nothing for days and then binge eating 5000 calories does not seem like a healthy eating pattern to me. Granted I often struggle with the binge when I get drunk so I of get it but.... In general NO binge eating is not a good idea and its not helping your metabolism in anyway.

Talking Ok

Ok,Thanks everyone for helping.I will stop refeeds and i will start eating more balanced food.Really appreciate all your replies