Safranine is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Anyone know why the human body is such a profoundly stupid creation?

I started a year ago as a165 cm 74 kg short fatass. I've been doing a very mild deficit of 1800 calories a day (my maint was 2100 ish). Started doing resistance training too on a PPL split but nothing hardcore like failure cheat reps. At first few months I saw a drop to 72 kg and some increase in strength. 6 months in the numbers didn't move. Both of them. So I decided to go the cutting way and drop the calories first.

This is where the ****ty part begins. Even on 1500 calories daily I stopped dropping weight and it's now stuck on 71 kg. I thought this is body recomp but NO I don't get stronger either. I do track my macro and always try to nail 1-1.6 g of proteins per kgBW. I still see muffin tops above my pants and still no visible muscle. Not chest, not forearms, not shoulders, and definitely not abs.

So I thought I needed to be more aggressive, so I started intermittent fasting, changed the split to PP for more frequency and started doing fail reps. Fast forward another 6 months (present day), NOTHING HAPPENED. Not fat loss, not strength gain. Worst of all I started getting tired more easily in the gym, funny vision, trembling grips, cold sweats, and other hypoglycemia stuff. All while I'm still being a 165 cm 71 kg sod who can't bench 50 kg or curl 15 kg.

My question is if the body is already going into hypoglycemia then WHY THE **** AM I STILL SO FAT???? Why isn't it doing lipolysis if it's so deficient in energy???

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Slow down Hoss. Post a pic of your body. That’s the only way to give you direction. Basics are if you’re not losing fat in 3 weeks at a certain calorie amount then you need to lower calories. Many people actually need to concentrate on building muscle instead of losing fat and no, recomp is not a good idea in 99% of cases
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tommy covered the diet/calorie deficit. In regards to training--what specific program are you following and are you actually following the instructions to a T?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Safranine View Post
    At first few months I saw a drop to 72 kg and some increase in strength. 6 months in the numbers didn't move. Both of them. So I decided to go the cutting way and drop the calories first.
    should've kept bulking... you could've eaten maybe 200-300 calories more if your weight wasn't going up --> easy strength gains

now, i have no idea why you haven't made cutting progress either. maybe you're eating more than you think or it could be a thyroid issue. either way you shouldn't wait for 3-6 months with no results before changing course, next time try to notice it faster

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The human body is one of the greatest machines ever designed, dont be made if you didn't learn how to properly operate it in school.
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.

Safranine is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BlackJack619 View Post
    The human body is one of the greatest machines ever designed, dont be made if you didn't learn how to properly operate it in school.
    Well, I'm all for "not being made" if that's at all possible, but looks like I don't get a choice on that anymore. Too bad suicide is not a way to chuck the lord's blessing back to his face.

As for photos, I'll take one as soon as I can find a full body mirror. My gym's locker room doesn't have any and I'm sure as hell not taking my shirt off in the exercise room.

Maybe I'm not actually eating sub 1500, but then why am I not growing bigger either? I tracked my macro and I know I eat at least 200g of breast everyday plus whatever eggs or fishes I felt like. I'm following the Jim Stoppani program thing with progressive reps and weights (but failed spectacularly when the weight is raised). Why the f can't my body do anything productive? If it's in deficit then lose the fat. If it's in surplus then build muscle. Why isn't it doing that???

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hyperbole much?
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Safranine View Post
    Well, I'm all for "not being made" if that's at all possible, but looks like I don't get a choice on that anymore. Too bad suicide is not a way to chuck the lord's blessing back to his face.

As for photos, I'll take one as soon as I can find a full body mirror. My gym's locker room doesn't have any and I'm sure as hell not taking my shirt off in the exercise room.

Maybe I'm not actually eating sub 1500, but then why am I not growing bigger either? I tracked my macro and I know I eat at least 200g of breast everyday plus whatever eggs or fishes I felt like. I'm following the Jim Stoppani program thing with progressive reps and weights (but failed spectacularly when the weight is raised). Why the f can't my body do anything productive? If it's in deficit then lose the fat. If it's in surplus then build muscle. Why isn't it doing that???
    Regroup and start over with some knowledge that can be gained by reading the stickies. You have a lot to learn and it's all there for you if you have the wherewithal to do the work
    Last edited by Tommy W.; 01-21-2020 at 11:00 AM.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB