trushal02 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Been over 10 weeks of rest and still not pain free with rotator cuff injury

Hurt both left and right arm rotator cuffs a while ago from incline bench, general pressing movements and shoulder training (dumbbell OHP mainly). Haven’t seen a professional since I was sure they’ll send me home with strengthening exercises and rest which I could do myself at home. However I’ve been on holiday for 6 weeks and have gotten lazy with the exercises and hence have only given my shoulders a break from training. After all this time they still haven’t healed. What on earth is going on? Is it time to see a physio or doc?

Also, I have a feeling the way I sleep is what is affecting its recovery maybe?? Some days I wake up and it feels more sore compared to some days where the pain is hugely reduced

WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Yeah, you'll learn to sleep on your back. I injured my rotator cuff in 2017, it was 2 years until I could lift again(probably could have got back sooner, but I was scared to re-injure it) and still almost 3 years later it hurts.

Make sure you do your strengthening/rom exercises every day. And do what you can with the weights. Restrict rom, light weights, etc is better than nothing

HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) HeMB is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, resting won't help eventually. I would probably see a PT tho.

Originally Posted by WakingOp View Post
    Yeah, you'll learn to sleep on your back. I injured my rotator cuff in 2017, it was 2 years until I could lift again(probably could have got back sooner, but I was scared to re-injure it) and still almost 3 years later it hurts.

Make sure you do your strengthening/rom exercises every day. And do what you can with the weights. Restrict rom, light weights, etc is better than nothing
    ok cool, but I don’t get how I’m supposed to control how I sleep while I’m unconscious?

Originally Posted by HeMB View Post
    Yeah, resting won't help eventually. I would probably see a PT tho.
    Ok thanks for the advice homie

I forgot to add, sometimes my shoulder will crack and pop up when I hit a certain point in my ROM. Some times it can hurt sometimes zero pain

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    see an orthopedic surgeon who works with athletes (pro sports team doctor) to perform the diagnosis and then work on the treatment plan he/she recommends, most likely working with a PT. Shoulder is a complicated joint

WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250) WakingOp has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by trushal02 View Post
    ok cool, but I don’t get how I’m supposed to control how I sleep while I’m unconscious?
    You have to teach yourself not to. If you had surgery and were supposed to sleep on your back you'd make it happen, no? Keep it in mind when you lay down and you'll hold that while you sleep, you don't actually move while asleep, you wake up adjust yourself and go back to sleep

You have to teach yourself not to. If you had surgery and were supposed to sleep on your back you'd make it happen, no? Keep it in mind when you lay down and you'll hold that while you sleep, you don't actually move while asleep, you wake up adjust yourself and go back to sleep
    Ok thanks a lot for your reply. I’m definitely gonna work on that because I’ve got a feeling that’s one of the biggest factors affecting my pain right now.

Originally Posted by trushal02 View Post
    Ok thanks a lot for your reply. I’m definitely gonna work on that because I’ve got a feeling that’s one of the biggest factors affecting my pain right now.
    It is. Regardless of the problem, sleeping with all your weight pushing it into an awkward position all night is not helping. Its hard for me to nor sleep in my side, but it really messes me up if I do.

As far as the clicking/ popping they say it's fine if there's no pain involved. If it hurts, obviously it's a different story.

My pt told me that was caused by the tendon being loose or something along those lines. So it has room to slip along the joint.

I still get clicks in my shoulder, but it's gotten better since I started spending time on my shoulders.

Actually, it might be beneficial to do some LIGHT db flyes, as it can help reach you to rotate the joint in a more stable manner than just swinging your arm in the socket

tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000) tkdnj is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    see an orthopedic surgeon who works with athletes (pro sports team doctor) to perform the diagnosis and then work on the treatment plan he/she recommends, most likely working with a PT. Shoulder is a complicated joint
    THIS^^^^ Get an MRI and see what;s going on in there so you're not spinning your wheels

Registered User ProgrammerHunch's Avatar
    ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50) ProgrammerHunch will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've had many injuries. Rest rarely helped much. For the most part, you gotta try to stay active, but stop heavy lifting. Going back to square one, toning things down until there is no pain, and then working your way back up. But you need to be smart and do your research.

Every time I thought rest would heal an injury I was sorely mistaken.