Boyadeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Bodyweight workout - A Skinny-fat program

Hello everybody, I'm from Italy so please forgive my not perfect English. I'm a 24 years old male, 1.78cm and 70Kg, skinny fat for probably 23 years.

I've been training now for the past 12 months with only bodyweight excersises, and I had good results in terms of arms (triceps in particular), shoulder and back muscles' size. On the contrary, for what concerns the torso, I haven't seen many results: in fact, being skinny fat for so many years, I still have fat on my torso, especially located on the zone on the love handles and over my abs ( of course ), but a bit also on my chest. I share now the program I've been following the last months:

Note that, talking about push ups, I started with only my weight ( and I could barely do 5 push ups with good form ), but as I increased my strength I started to add weights with a vest, and in order to perform 10 to 12 good form push ups I'm now adding 10 Kg for the first 2 set of each type of push up, and 8 Kg for the third of each type.

Mon - Chest,Triceps, Shoulders
    Standard push ups: 3 x 10-12
    Wide grip push ups: 3 x 10-12
    Diamond push ups: 3 x 10-12
    Dips: 3 x Max (Now doing 8-6-6, then I do assisted dips to reach the optimal range. I started 3 months ago)
    Elevated pike push ups: 3 x 10-12

Tue - Abs workout

Wed - Back and Biceps
    Standard pull ups: 3 x Max (Now doing 3-2-2 AHAH, I started only 1 month ago)
    Standard Bodyweight rows, prone grip: 2 x 10-12
    Wide Bodyweight rows, prone grip: 2 x 10-12
    Standard Chin ups: 3 x Max (Now doing 5-3-2 AHAH, I started only 1 month ago)
    Standard Bodyweight rows, supine grip: 2 x 10-12
    Close Bodyweight rows, supine grip: 2 x 10-12
    Biceps Push ups: 3 x 10-12 ì, with added weight.

Thu - Rest

Fryday - Chest,Triceps, Shoulders

Sat - Back and Biceps

Sun - Rest

In addiction to that, I play basketball at a decent level, and I have a 90min training 3 times a week.

Concerning the diet, I don't follow a strict diet and I don't track my calories, nor my macros. But I don't drink sweet drinks like Coca-Cola because I really don't like them ( I'm lucky ), and I barely drink alcohol, maybe a beer every 1-2 months, and I follow a classic "mediterranean diet":

Breakfast - Milk with cereals, and jam on rusks
    Lunch - Pasta and maybe some bread with cheese or cured meat
    Afternoon snack - 1 or 2 nuts, and a fruit
    Dinner - Meat or fish or eggs, maybe bread, vegetables and some fruit

I don't track my calories because I think I can "feel" how much I'm eating because, over these months, I've seen that when I ate less for 2-3 months the fat over my abs reduced and I could see them and then when I instead ate more I got more fat around my belly. Anyways, note that my arms, my back and my chest (even with that little fat) have seen good results, at least for what I expected by doing these exercises.

As a results of that, when I wear a short-sleeved shirt people could think that I've been training well, because of my arms, forearms, back, etc, but without it I would probably look as If I trained only my arms because my torso isn't so different from 1 year ago.

In conclusion my questions are: How can I develop my torso in order to make it "fit", to make it look like the one of an athlete, with visible abs ( I'm not asking for super shredded ones), absent fat on the love handles, nice shape, ect?? Should I just follow my program? Should I cut while continuing following my program and then, when I've slimmed down, start to eat with a small calorie surplus? Should I add core exercises?

I know that by doing these exercises I won't reach the benefits of a gym, but i think that it must show some good results!!
    Thank you for your help
    Last edited by Boyadeh; 01-20-2020 at 06:40 AM. Reason: Grammar

Registered User dylanstephens54's Avatar
    dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dylanstephens54 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Why can't you go to the gym? You obviously do put in effort just curious why you dont get a gym membership or atleast buy some adjustable dumbells

Boyadeh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dylanstephens54 View Post
    Why can't you go to the gym? You obviously do put in effort just curious why you dont get a gym membership or atleast buy some adjustable dumbells
    That's a good question. I go to University and I'm quite struggling here, so I'm spending most of my time between class and my room, studying, because I have to get my damned degree. I have a gf, friends, basketball, etc so, as a consequence, I don't have the time now to get a part-time job and pay for the gym. So I arrange myself in this way, because it's free and also because I've seen on the internet and on YouTube that many people had great results. The dumbells are a good idea, I think I could buy them, but I also think that I'd like to get this results by only doing free weight exercises, I like what I do. Anyways, I could have a go with the dumbells, they surely are cheaper than a gym membership in the long period.