Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Practicing Safe Sets littlemissy's Avatar
    littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Porsche 718 S or Jaguar F Type S

I've narrowed down to what I'd like for my next hooptie. I'm hard set on a coupe (no more convertibles - I'm going to get rid of my current convertible.. I literally only put the top down once this last year bc.. Texas burns in the summer) going to stick with the red interior and white exterior & manual gig.

I rented an 18' cayman last week for 5 days to get a good feel of it. It's comfortable.. super small interior literally can't put anything inside not even my extra sweater if there's a passenger sitting in it or my bulky ass bags.. storage space in the trunk & trood (that's what I call the hood storage lol) is spacious and deep but find it a little annoying to have to keep getting out of the car to get chit.

I'm fixing to rent the F type for a week to give myself a better idea of the daily driving experience.

Finding it a real struggle to decide between these two. Opinions? Experiences? Likes & dislikes?
    "No Pecs No Secks, Can't do a curl - won't get a girl" - Chengman

Registered User LieutenantGains's Avatar
    LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LieutenantGains has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I’ve driven both on street and around an autox course.

The Jag feels like a baby Aston. Sounds incredible and handling is really good (a little less so on the V8). Interior is put together well, but doesn’t feel particularly special.

The 718 is basically a German 458. Driving position is PERFECT and the car feels like it pivots around you through corners. Space inside is a little limited yeah, but decent space in the frunk. Interior quality is amazing, every surface is high quality and having the tach centered is really nice. Rides understandably stiffer than the F type but very composed and predictable.

Both are really good, but I think it comes down to what you value more: Driving dynamics vs looks/comfort.
    Misc photography crew
    Chicago crew
    Polski crew
    Throw keys on bench to claim it crew
    6'2" 186lbs crew
    #MMGA

radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Has F Type reliability increased? Based on that alone I'd lean towards Porsche.

Or just get a Corvette.

isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Got an F Type V6S myself and it's much better looking, better sounding, more unique/memorable and more fun to drive than a low end Porsche
    "What has destroyed every previous civilization has been the tendency to the unequal distribution of wealth and power" - Henry George

Yang 2024

Misc Crypto Crew

not actually 50

iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) iifymbro has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    My vote is for the porsche. Better driving characteristics, similarly good looking imo, and it's got dat dere porsche build quality and reliability.
    **MFC**
    **Barbara Palvin is my 10/10 crew**

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Porsche all day.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol

I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL

mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mingrey02stg2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Tough choice and a good dilemma to have.

I haven't driven either, but just based on the street presence and sound of the Jag, I would get one of those over a 718... only if you get a V8 F-Type though. If you aren't getting the V8, then go for the 718.

littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) littlemissy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LieutenantGains View Post
    I’ve driven both on street and around an autox course.

The Jag feels like a baby Aston. Sounds incredible and handling is really good (a little less so on the V8). Interior is put together well, but doesn’t feel particularly special.

The 718 is basically a German 458. Driving position is PERFECT and the car feels like it pivots around you through corners. Space inside is a little limited yeah, but decent space in the frunk. Interior quality is amazing, every surface is high quality and having the tach centered is really nice. Rides understandably stiffer than the F type but very composed and predictable.

Both are really good, but I think it comes down to what you value more: Driving dynamics vs looks/comfort.
    Hah! I like your Trood name - Frunk. That's the thing I'm struggling with.. the driving experience vs comfort. So jelly about the autox with both of them. I've autox the 911 GT3 but.. that's WAY out of my price range. I had to get use to the tach being in the middle. I'm use to always glancing in that area expecting to see RPM when shifting so it threw me off a bit.

I literally haven't got to experience much of the F type besides sitting in one so I can't judge it yet. Probably not going for V8 though I like a car that hugs roads well. Although... does it make THAT big a difference on the cornering? Not like i'm AutoXing every day as a daily driver haha.

Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Has F Type reliability increased? Based on that alone I'd lean towards Porsche.

Or just get a Corvette.
    I actually haven't heard anything bad about the F Type not being reliable. Care to share?

I'm not a corvette fan.. really have never been. Also had a bad experience with someone who I dated that drove one so I'm traumatized & rather not lol.

Originally Posted by isingmodel View Post
    Got an F Type V6S myself and it's much better looking, better sounding, more unique/memorable and more fun to drive than a low end Porsche
    Nice - Was it a hard choice deciding between V6 vs V8? I really do like the way the jag purrrs. Any complaints with the interior or function?

Rapes for everyone! For the ones I haven't gotten - I'm on spread will get you then.

Originally Posted by iifymbro View Post
    My vote is for the porsche. Better driving characteristics, similarly good looking imo, and it's got dat dere porsche build quality and reliability.
    Rapes! They both do look good which is why I'm good with going either way.

Originally Posted by 1QWIK7 View Post
    Porsche all day.
    Will rape on recharge - I'm on spread. Ty

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    718 no question, (although I'd look at a used 911 since with a few options the 718s is going to cost close to the same). My coworker had a 911 gts as his commute car / daily and loved it.

My gym bro has an F type R and it's painfully slow for the money but feels very luxurious.
    I did look into the used 911 - but I think I'm slightly more comfortable & want certified with warranty and such. Everyone runs these things hard and I like having that peace of mind. Might seem silly but I'm a big believer in insurance / warranties and things like that.

I do like the interior of those Jags.. PAINFULLY slow huh? hm.. I'll pay attention to that when I have my tester for the week.

Originally Posted by mingrey02stg2 View Post
    Tough choice and a good dilemma to have.

I haven't driven either, but just based on the street presence and sound of the Jag, I would get one of those over a 718... only if you get a V8 F-Type though. If you aren't getting the V8, then go for the 718.
    I def feel lucky to be in this position. Been wanting to make the switch and dump my bimmer for a (long) while now and reap my rewards for being a responsible adult with a new toy. I wasn't considering the V8 - was considering the V6S.

Those 718s for being a 4 banger turbo is quite impressive and fun but it def doesn't sound like the Jag purr.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by littlemissy View Post
    I did look into the used 911 - but I think I'm slightly more comfortable & want certified with warranty and such. Everyone runs these things hard and I like having that peace of mind. Might seem silly but I'm a big believer in insurance / warranties and things like that.
    uhhhh Porsche CPO?? Use this website and every CPO vehicle in the US is at your fingertips:

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/
    Stern Crew

Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    uhhhh Porsche CPO?? Use this website and every CPO vehicle in the US is at your fingertips:

https://nationalpreownedporsche.com/
    !! Never knew about this. Thank you! I've just been searching off dealership websites and cars.com / autotrader / carvana and such.

Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Retoaded has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    !! Never knew about this. Thank you! I've just been searching off dealership websites and cars.com / autotrader / carvana and such.
    These are at P dealers and they are all CPO'd (Certified Pre-Owned). They are going to be a few grand more expensive than your average car on Autotrader because if they have been CPO'd they are in tip top shape and you get a great 2-year unlimited warranty with it. So its well worth it.

details of program here: https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...rscheapproved/

Its 2 years, unlimited miles.

After that, you can buy a Fidelity warranty on any used car. They range from cheap to ULTRA expensive depending on whats covered.
    Stern Crew

1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000) 1QWIK7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    His V8 jag is about as fast as my 5.0 was, stock, but he paid close to 3x as much for his car.

The v6s is quite a bit slower I believe, google says it's barely under 5 seconds to 60 and I can imagine the 1/4 , 100-200 etc are all pretty bad too. That's a lot of money for something that can get walked by cars a fraction of it's price.

The 718 is fast as hell for a 4 banger, but def look at CPO 911s, you might get one that was owned by a boomer who never took it over the limit
    Agreed.

Even if the jag was a V8, and you know me, i LOVE my v8's, but you can't beat german engineering, i'd still get the porsche. MB and porsche are the top of the german chain, IMHO. Love those german manufacturers.

Porsche knows how to make ANY engine sound good, which is why their 4cyl's sound amazing.

The jag, is an incredible car, but to me, idk i feel like even if you get a 2020 jag, 6 months later it's outdated LOL. I always got that feeling. Otherwise i probably would have owned one sometime in the past. I couldn't. I always feel like it's a dated brand. No matter what they come out with.

Porsche is the opposite. As you can find 05, 07 models and they look like it could be a 2016. They are timeless. That's why people keep buying them.
    Schooling everyone that has to do with automotive one brah at a time. It's tiring but someone gotta do it lol

I have a manual car but auto IS WAY BETTER THESE DAYS. ACCEPT THE FACTS BRAHS! LOL

TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TTViper is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Between those two? The answer is neither.

You’re looking for an Evora 400 or Evora GT.
    Redskins - Capitals - Wizards - Nationals

Stanley cup ChAmPS

*****KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE*****

isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) isingmodel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Rapes! They both do look good which is why I'm good with going either way.

Will rape on recharge - I'm on spread. Ty

I do like the interior of those Jags.. PAINFULLY slow huh? hm.. I'll pay attention to that when I have my tester for the week.

I def feel lucky to be in this position. Been wanting to make the switch and dump my bimmer for a (long) while now and reap my rewards for being a responsible adult with a new toy. I wasn't considering the V8 - was considering the V6S.

Those 718s for being a 4 banger turbo is quite impressive and fun but it def doesn't sound like the Jag purr.
    The V8 is an absolute animal but it just seemed a little OTT for me. V6S sounds fantastic (some people prefer it to the V8 exhaust note), is pretty solid on fuel economy and I'd imagine it's almost impossible to feel letdown by it in any way.

Interior is fine, it's not the kind of luxury you'd find in an Aston or AMG GT but it's still a nice place to sit in. Have not personally had any reliability issues or anything, the only complaint from me is that Jag tech is always a few years out of date and the infotainment, rear camera etc are all pretty subpar.

Still doubt you're getting anything that looks or sounds nearly as good as the F-Type in that price range, most people assume its a 100k+ car. I'll be swapping it for an electric soon and I am going to miss the fuk out of it.

edit: here's ma baby

Last edited by isingmodel; 01-20-2020 at 04:55 PM.
    "What has destroyed every previous civilization has been the tendency to the unequal distribution of wealth and power" - Henry George

Yang 2024

Misc Crypto Crew

not actually 50

DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrFeeIGood has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Testifier View Post
    jaguar is f'ing ugly as $hit. also, Porsche > everything.

im ordering this when it comes out mid-year. srs

My boy

MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyBaddBrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Jaguar was put together by Mexicans in front of home depot. Poor quality and reliability
    *Hole is Life Crew*
    *Meditation Crew*

tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000) tunafishha is a complete loser! (-2000)
    The F type looks way more exotic, especially rear end
    *Asian Manlet Elf Tier MasterRace*
    *I've become more powerful than any Miscer*
    *Acura Executive*
    *Tuna 2020*
    *2 star General*
    *Catholic*
    *TMT*
    *Chad Bat Soup>Double Whopper*

Repped.

Low end Porsches have about as much road presence as used Toyota Camrys

Yang 2024

Misc Crypto Crew

not actually 50

Originally Posted by Retoaded View Post
    These are at P dealers and they are all CPO'd (Certified Pre-Owned). They are going to be a few grand more expensive than your average car on Autotrader because if they have been CPO'd they are in tip top shape and you get a great 2-year unlimited warranty with it. So its well worth it.

details of program here: https://www.porsche.com/usa/approved...rscheapproved/

Its 2 years, unlimited miles.

After that, you can buy a Fidelity warranty on any used car. They range from cheap to ULTRA expensive depending on whats covered.
    Def digging the 2 years - unlt miles warranty. Life saver for the link. I'm always on their website and never even noticed that. (fml lol)

His V8 jag is about as fast as my 5.0 was, stock, but he paid close to 3x as much for his car.

The v6s is quite a bit slower I believe, google says it's barely under 5 seconds to 60 and I can imagine the 1/4 , 100-200 etc are all pretty bad too. That's a lot of money for something that can get walked by cars a fraction of it's price.

The 718 is fast as hell for a 4 banger, but def look at CPO 911s, you might get one that was owned by a boomer who never took it over the limit
    Ouch - 5 seconds coming from a V8 that's really not that impressive. I haven't looked at too many of the specs. It's taken me a long time to even narrow down to these two. I wanted to go for brand I haven't owned yet that I've been wanting and it came down to these two.

Def keeping my eyes open for 911s cpo but I know I'd probably be happy with just an S.

Agreed.

Even if the jag was a V8, and you know me, i LOVE my v8's, but you can't beat german engineering, i'd still get the porsche. MB and porsche are the top of the german chain, IMHO. Love those german manufacturers.

Porsche knows how to make ANY engine sound good, which is why their 4cyl's sound amazing.

The jag, is an incredible car, but to me, idk i feel like even if you get a 2020 jag, 6 months later it's outdated LOL. I always got that feeling. Otherwise i probably would have owned one sometime in the past. I couldn't. I always feel like it's a dated brand. No matter what they come out with.

Porsche is the opposite. As you can find 05, 07 models and they look like it could be a 2016. They are timeless. That's why people keep buying them.
    I love the point with the timeless statement for Porsche. The only slight ity bity turn off - is who owns Jag. Tata Motors which.. is an Indian company from what I understand right? I know ford still has a big hand in their operations.

Very valid point guys. I'm still going to rent the F type for a week to give it a chance. I want to experience it as a daily driver so I don't just get a 'test drive high' & commit to it for the next couple years.

Originally Posted by TTViper View Post
    Between those two? The answer is neither.

You’re looking for an Evora 400 or Evora GT.
    lol Hah. funny you mention that. That's what my bf has been pushing me to. He keeps pushing me to go check out the new Evoras. He use to have an Elise and I admit it was a fun & fast go kart to drive for what it was. Handling was amazing on it. But I hated that thing. It wasn't very comfortable inside & I couldn't wear any skirts - god forbid it was a tight skirt. I'd be crawling out on my hands and knees to keep from flashing everyone my hoo-ha with the way that door ledge is on those cars.

The V8 is an absolute animal but it just seemed a little OTT for me. V6S sounds fantastic (some people prefer it to the V8 exhaust note), is pretty solid on fuel economy and I'd imagine it's almost impossible to feel letdown by it in any way.

Interior is fine, it's not the kind of luxury you'd find in an Aston or AMG GT but it's still a nice place to sit in. Have not personally had any reliability issues or anything, the only complaint from me is that Jag tech is always a few years out of date and the infotainment, rear camera etc are all pretty subpar.

Still doubt you're getting anything that looks or sounds nearly as good as the F-Type in that price range, most people assume its a 100k+ car. I'll be swapping it for an electric soon and I am going to miss the fuk out of it.

edit: here's ma baby

Looking good! I wonder how much different the exhaust note sounds. I'd be going for a V6S too if it comes down to getting the jag. Interior is actually pretty important to me. You spend all your time in the car obviously no matter how good it looks on the outside so I have to want to love the interior. So now that you mention the disappointment in the infotainment. I'll have to pay attention to that when I get the car for a week.

The Porsche interior was nice but I wasn't exactly wow'd by it. I think I've always been such a fan in MB interiors and I need to get that out of my head since it's a completely diff type of ride.

Swapping out for electric... like going I8 route or Telesa? Or something completely different? OR.. NSX.. please say NSX lol
    Last edited by littlemissy; 01-21-2020 at 11:09 AM.

Oooooh I like the ad. lol @ 2 dudes swapping cars at the end. So bro-y. That green color is hotness.

Originally Posted by MyBaddBrah View Post
    Jaguar was put together by Mexicans in front of home depot. Poor quality and reliability
    made me lol.

Originally Posted by tunafishha View Post
    The F type looks way more exotic, especially rear end
    It does look different and it was the rear end that I found attractive for sure. I mistaken one at night for thew new NSX when I saw it from behind.

Low end Porsches have about as much road presence as used Toyota Camrys
    Those must be some aggressive Camrys you have in your neighborhood.

Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Halfway has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

The Porsche interior was nice but I wasn't exactly wow'd by it. I think I've always been such a fan in MB interiors and I need to get that out of my head since it's a completely diff type of ride.

you'd love the build quality of a GM or Ford interior then

Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Driving feel: Porsche
    Aesthetics: Jag
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.

Def digging the 2 years - unlt miles warranty. Life saver for the link. I'm always on their website and never even noticed that. (fml lol)

Ouch - 5 seconds coming from a V8 that's really not that impressive. I haven't looked at too many of the specs. It's taken me a long time to even narrow down to these two. I wanted to go for brand I haven't owned yet that I've been wanting and it came down to these two.

Def keeping my eyes open for 911s cpo but I know I'd probably be happy with just an S.

I love the point with the timeless statement for Porsche. The only slight ity bity turn off - is who owns Jag. Tata Motors which.. is an Indian company from what I understand right? I know ford still has a big hand in their operations.

Very valid point guys. I'm still going to rent the F type for a week to give it a chance. I want to experience it as a daily driver so I don't just get a 'test drive high' & commit to it for the next couple years.
    Build quality is no where near of a porsche too.

Honestly, if you rent either car for a week, you'll be happy with either of them. Because it's new to you.

You have to think long term. Try to find people you know that have these cars, and that has owned them for a bit.

Personally, porsche > jag all day. In terms of build quality, presence, engineering, the looks etc.

Registered Rep Trader ILLUSIONZ's Avatar
    ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ILLUSIONZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    OP If you are still interested in the 718, Porsche have now announced the 4.0 GTS which means the anything other than the GTS/GT4 is about to become totally worthless.

Keep in mind the 718 the whole gen is now considered to be a massive fail on Porsche's part and something in the future they will probably sit around a table and laugh about "remember that time we thought people wanted to buy 4 cylinder cars hehehehe?"

I would say in a year or so from now anything in the 718 line which doesn't have the I6 4.0 will be selling for around 40k so best to wait a while if that is something you are interested in.

As for the Jag, make sure you have amazing warranty because they break down a lot. The F type is a lovely car in all 3 forms S R or SVR in terms of drive sound and looks but after that it's all downhill with the actual build quality and electronics etc. These are cars that were breaking down when jurno's had them out as press cars so just make sure you're covered.

Personally if I had to pick between the two I would go with the Jag. Purely because its a bit more power, looks better than the 718(GT4 aside) and it's not about to take a massive dump on prices.

Build quality is no where near of a porsche too.

Honestly, if you rent either car for a week, you'll be happy with either of them. Because it's new to you.

You have to think long term. Try to find people you know that have these cars, and that has owned them for a bit.

Personally, porsche > jag all day. In terms of build quality, presence, engineering, the looks etc.
    I'm def leaning towards Porsche but I'm going to give the Jag a fair week long test drive like I already did for the porsche. Good points. All the porsche owners I know are major porsche groupies so it's hard for them to even bad mouth the brand / car lol. But maybe there isn't much to complain about to begin with I really don't know anyone personally that has the F type which is also what's appealing to me. I don't see it around much.

Originally Posted by ILLUSIONZ View Post
    OP If you are still interested in the 718, Porsche have now announced the 4.0 GTS which means the anything other than the GTS/GT4 is about to become totally worthless.

Keep in mind the 718 the whole gen is now considered to be a massive fail on Porsche's part and something in the future they will probably sit around a table and laugh about "remember that time we thought people wanted to buy 4 cylinder cars hehehehe?"

I would say in a year or so from now anything in the 718 line which doesn't have the I6 4.0 will be selling for around 40k so best to wait a while if that is something you are interested in.

As for the Jag, make sure you have amazing warranty because they break down a lot. The F type is a lovely car in all 3 forms S R or SVR in terms of drive sound and looks but after that it's all downhill with the actual build quality and electronics etc. These are cars that were breaking down when jurno's had them out as press cars so just make sure you're covered.

Personally if I had to pick between the two I would go with the Jag. Purely because its a bit more power, looks better than the 718(GT4 aside) and it's not about to take a massive dump on prices.
    Thanks for bringing this up. I saw that this was just announced like last week.

I was really hoping to pull the trigger on something within the next month or so. fml. LOL now they're going back to a 6 banger.. making the 4 look 'cute'. Good suggestion on the wait. I'll keep my eyes peeled on pricing. Really didn't want to wait another year though.

I'll look into what type of warranty offers they have on the Jag. Awesome input. Many thanks. I got my mom a VW and it's been a breakdown nightmare that I've been paying for so I'm allergic to things that aren't covered having to come out of pocket so much randomly. She now wants to back to a Toyota and doesn't want to go german. Even though she actually fell in love with a mini cooper a couple weeks ago when I took her to the dealer. Then when I told her it was British / German whatever she gave this ugly face. lol

pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pbnugget is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I've owned an F Type R since 2016. Incredible car. I have not driven the 718, but I've put 30+ track days on the jag and would consider it to sit between the 718/cayman and 911 in terms of capability. Not sure about the v6.

My year came with a 5 year warranty. Honestly the only issues I've had with the car in the first 3 years are catalytic converters - i've had two cats replaced so far.

As far as reliability goes, I did not have issues until I began tracking the car hard. In the last 12 months I have blown an engine under warranty (supercharger leak, leading to overheating, leading to warped block). Things have been good for a while since then, but now the car is beginning to develop some electrical issues. As much as I love the car (and I really do love it) I will probably be moving on to a 991.2 GT3 once my warranty is up next year. Had I not tracked the car so much I would have had significantly less time with the car in the shop (I am at 4-5 months approximately of time the car has been with the dealer for service). As I write this I have had the car at the dealer for 2.5 weeks for electrical issues. Engine was covered under warranty with Jag knowing I track the car, which was cool.

I chose the Jag over comparably priced porsches for the sound, looks and exclusivity. You'll probably enjoy either car though I will say the Jag does draw attention, and the sound is intoxicating, especially on the V8. If you're not tracking it then the weight difference probably won't bother you, but the Jag is heavy. Also you can't check your oil under the hood, which is annoying. Hope this helps you.