Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Casting swine before pearls

Now this isn't intended as a general grumble about the parent site (after all I'm using their forum free of charge) and I understand that everyone started from somewhere etc etc but I stumbled across this article encouraging gym user to start deadlifting, squatting etc (great, I'm all for this!)

https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...dlift-225.html

Clearly the parent site has to make money, but who is the editor who supervises these articles??

It's baffling to me. A100kg DL for men is one beginners target for a small guy weighing 65kg and a whole different target for someone else who weighs 105kg. But no mention is made of bodyweight in the article

Also... "that means squatting with your hip crease dipping below your knee crease at the bottom of the squat, which is referred to as an "ass-to-grass" squat."
    ATG??? Does the author of the article even squat bro?

Although the goal of encouraging people to squat and DL is very worthwhile, it seems a shame that editorial content and authors like this might be diverting people away from far more sensible content like Fierce5, Vikings, Grouchyjarheads PowerBuilder etc on the forum.

Grumble over!

BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BlackJack619 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think most people are more capable than they think they are, lot of the times people's minds get in the way. People doubt themselves to often, so I kinda agree with the article.
    Jesus Christ is Lord whether you accept Him or not.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Also... "that means squatting with your hip crease dipping below your knee crease at the bottom of the squat, which is referred to as an "ass-to-grass" squat."
    ATG??? Does the author of the article even squat bro?
    I figured out what's going on, he's a Canadian !

https://www.bodybuilding.com/author/...amoto-cscs-cep

Build that wall, build that wall, build that wall !
    Don't put that on me Ricky Bobby, don't you ever put that on me.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He is a Newfie LOL....he should know better. when you are ice fishing or hunting seals you have to be able to go all the way to the bottom stops to be comfortable for hours on end waiting for your quarry.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out